October 09, 2023
2513 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2710 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

eBay

More
09 Nov 2011 11:24 #107582 by bomber
Replied by bomber on topic Re:eBay
No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configuration

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Dec 2011 16:37 - 05 Dec 2011 16:40 #109358 by Almalik
Replied by Almalik on topic Re:eBay
Hotel Life

Super rare Hotel Life up for auction. Maybe a Fattie can pick it up. Can't get the eBay link to work to ebay.co.uk
Last edit: 05 Dec 2011 16:40 by Almalik.

More
05 Dec 2011 16:54 #109360 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic Re:eBay
No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configuration

Almalik wrote: Hotel Life

Super rare Hotel Life up for auction. Maybe a Fattie can pick it up. Can't get the eBay link to work to ebay.co.uk

Already over $100 with a week to go. Zounds.

More
05 Dec 2011 19:26 #109372 by Almalik
Replied by Almalik on topic Re:eBay
Fine, fine, make me look like an idiot.

The preferred punchline would be something along the lines of me not needing any help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
06 Dec 2011 00:14 #109390 by Notahandle
Replied by Notahandle on topic Re:eBay
OH BOLLOCKS!!

(Yes, it's one I've been keen to get.)

More
06 Dec 2011 05:05 - 06 Dec 2011 05:05 #109402 by Amontillado
Replied by Amontillado on topic Re:eBay
Just picked up a copy of "I'm the Boss" for $19.99 (+$10 shipping) in used/mint condition.
Last edit: 06 Dec 2011 05:05 by Amontillado.

More
18 Dec 2011 11:31 #110429 by Notahandle
Replied by Notahandle on topic Re:eBay
So Hotel Life went for $202=£130? Glad I didn't waste my time bidding!

More
19 Jan 2012 20:35 #113439 by metalface13
Replied by metalface13 on topic Re:eBay
Anybody have any good ebay strategies? Starting price? Length of auction? I'm planning on putting up my Descent stuff soon.

More
19 Jan 2012 20:52 #113448 by dragonstout
Replied by dragonstout on topic Re:eBay
With something like Descent where you're likely to get multiple bidders battling, might as well start it low; I only like to start high when it's something that might only appeal to one or two bidders.

I always always do 10-day auctions unless it's a low-price item, which Descent is not. The 40 cents seems pretty worth it to me since it allows you to get two weekends of eyeballs.

Traditional wisdom says to schedule it to end on a Sunday evening, which is when most people are bidding. Not sure how much this is still true. My rule of thumb is just to make sure that the 10-day auction covers two Saturdays and two Sundays.

Take pictures yourself of everything and write up detailed explanations of the condition of everything. If there's nothing there, people assume it's suspicious, not mint.

I'm feeling lazy and can't think of anything else to mention, so feel free to ask more questions. Good luck! I plan on doing the same sometime later this year.

More
19 Jan 2012 21:52 #113455 by jeb
No eBay APP ID défined in Kunena configurationI just sold $400 worth of junk, mostly MAGIC cards, which is a robust market. I was able to get the high end of expected eBay range for my cards despite only a single shitty picture. (See my listing example):

What's helping me? I would guess the following: perfect feedback, free shipping, no minimum (price was set at $0.01). Free shipping just blows people's minds. Now, I am shipping an $0.84 cent stamp mailer. This is a bigger deal. But at least you wouldn't have folks doing the shipping math to try to figure out the "price."

Ten day auction is a great idea.

Do NOT panic about low bids. Everyone smart bids in the last few hours before it ends. Yes, it's sniping, quel horreur. What you want to see are lots of "Watchers." I sold an old Apple collectible that was at --literally-- a single $0.99 bid for six days. It had 20+ watchers. It sold for $55 and change, all within the last few hours/minutes.

More
19 Jan 2012 22:02 #113458 by metalface13
Replied by metalface13 on topic Re:eBay
Free shipping, hmm? Shipping Descent could be pricey though.

I do always take my own pictures and post them. Is there any point in adding a minimum bid? What about item naming? I'm selling base game, Well of Darkness and Altar of Despair as one lot as I threw the boxes for WoD and AoD away.

More
19 Jan 2012 22:13 #113459 by jeb
DESCENT + Expansions - Fantasy Flight Games NO MINIMUM | LOW SHIPPING

Something like that. The description needs to be explicit. This is the HTML from my prettier older listings. You should be able to figure out what goes where. That way, eBay only hosts one image, but you can show as many as you want.

Warning: Spoiler!

More
19 Jan 2012 22:55 #113462 by dragonstout
Replied by dragonstout on topic Re:eBay

metalface13 wrote: Free shipping, hmm? Shipping Descent could be pricey though.

Unless you're planning on your bidders being stupid (which is not necessarily a bad plan, I'm a little bit lazy about exact shipping calculations when I'm a bidder), they're considering the shipping when they bid and therefore bidding lower if there's no free shipping. So it shouldn't matter. Just say something like $20 shipping for international buyers or something.

More
20 Jan 2012 05:00 #113476 by SebastianBludd
Replied by SebastianBludd on topic Re:eBay
Speaking from bitter experience, do not guesstimate international shipping! It's an easy way to see $20-$30 of your profit disappear in an instant if you guess wrong. The cutoff between First Class International and Priority International (a huge increase in cost) is 4 lbs. or 36 in. of total dimensions of your shipping box. I guarantee that your Descent lot exceeds both of those criteria so you could end up screwing yourself if you base your shipping cost on the First Class rate, even though you're not eligible.

If you're selling it all in one lot, perfect. What you do is take your pics and get it packed up before you even list it. Then take it to the post office to weigh it and measure the box. Then you plug in the weight and dimensions of your box into eBay's postage calculator and you don't have to worry about it.

However, make sure you put a disclaimer about customs charges in your auction (just do a Google search or search eBay and copy/paste the exact verbiage they have on their Help page devoted to the topic) as I recently had someone come back at me bitching about them. I didn't have the disclaimer (didn't even know I was supposed to have it) so I just split the cost with him to avoid a messy dispute I'd probably lose. Despite this sort of thing, it is worth offering to ship internationally because, even if no one from another country buys your item, they might still bid it up for you.

More
20 Jan 2012 13:50 #113493 by Dair
Replied by Dair on topic Re:eBay
I know someone mention ending on Sunday, but I've always ended my auctions on a Tuesday night between 8 and 9 eastern time. Sunday can be a busy day for people and they may overlook auctions. Tuesdays, most people are home and you are setting a time that allows people on the east coast to eat dinner and settle in before ending. It also is at least late enough that you aren't ignoring west coasters.

I agree with free shipping; people will extrapolate the value. Just put a caveat that you will not ship internationally or to Alaska or Hawaii to protect yourself.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.344 seconds