October 09, 2023
2454 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2657 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

GMT's annual Fall sale is on!

More
19 Oct 2010 16:58 #77076 by flim_flam
I just spent way too much money...

Sale Duration: October 19 - November 5, 2010
Sale Discounts: We're having our Fall sale earlier this year, as our November is so full that we don't know that we could fill all of the orders by Christmas if we had the sale in November. So, from now until November 5, you can get the following deals:
· 20% discounts to all customers with no quantity limit or
· 50% discounts to P500 supporters - with quantities capped by the number of P500 games they have received in 2010.

Awesome support for folks who lost their jobs again too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Oct 2010 17:25 #77080 by Michael Barnes
Yeah, they're offering a number of special discounts for folks who lost their jobs or who are out of work so if any of you folks are in a bad situation, maybe one of their fine games would make the transitional period easier.

GMT are great people.

More
19 Oct 2010 17:59 #77083 by Not Sure
I'm afraid to even look, considering my box with the Deluxe Here I Stand and Paths of Glory reprints arrived literally yesterday.

I should probably just put the computer down and go do something else for a while...

More
20 Oct 2010 00:24 #77106 by Dogmatix
Not Sure wrote:

I'm afraid to even look, considering my box with the Deluxe Here I Stand and Paths of Glory reprints arrived literally yesterday.

I should probably just put the computer down and go do something else for a while...

I just got my shipping notice but it was just a UPS Click-n-ship, so I hadn't a clue what was in it. Cool.

That 50% sale put me over the edge for Battle for Normandy and Elusive Victory. I was kind of on the fence on BfN since it's MSRP $150/~$100 at most discounters, and I know that one is almost certainly going to be just a solo affair for me. But...$75? Yea, I could make some room in my budget and on my shelves for that.

More
20 Oct 2010 01:08 #77107 by Not Sure
Dogmatix wrote:

Not Sure wrote:

I just got my shipping notice but it was just a UPS Click-n-ship, so I hadn't a clue what was in it. Cool.

That 50% sale put me over the edge for Battle for Normandy and Elusive Victory. I was kind of on the fence on BfN since it's MSRP $150/~$100 at most discounters, and I know that one is almost certainly going to be just a solo affair for me. But...$75? Yea, I could make some room in my budget and on my shelves for that.

As far as I know, that box should have everything from the big reprint bonanza in it. Mine had both of my pre-orders.

So far I've remained strong over the sale, but since I should get Washington's War on the table on Friday to reduce my unplayed count I might still cave.

GMT's out-of-work special is still a class act, and they followed it up by doing half-price for people who are recently re-employed and digging out as well. Good folks for sure.

More
20 Oct 2010 04:47 #77110 by Matt Thrower
I just lost my job, but I'm not "officially" unemployed until December. Does this mean I can qualify for free games and a 50% discount? Even if I live in the UK? I suppose I should ask GMT, but it feels a bit cheeky.

More
20 Oct 2010 06:20 - 20 Oct 2010 06:21 #77112 by Schweig!
MattDP wrote:

I just lost my job, but I'm not "officially" unemployed until December. Does this mean I can qualify for free games and a 50% discount? Even if I live in the UK? I suppose I should ask GMT, but it feels a bit cheeky.

That's sad to hear. I hope our day-long TS sessions didn't have anything to do with it.

Anyway, I don't think GMT will be all rules-lawyery on that offer - they'll probably will give you the 50% off. I also never heard it was restricted to the USA.
Last edit: 20 Oct 2010 06:21 by Schweig!.

More
20 Oct 2010 09:13 #77113 by JoelCFC25
A great annual promotion from a great company. They seem to have hit their stride in the last year or two and have even been upping the ante by improving production quality.

Although I've done 4 (!!) P500 games/reprints this year, I'm not sure I'll be taking advantage of the sale. There's nothing that screams out to me as a must-have, and our discretionary budget got detonated by the expense of plane tickets to Amsterdam next month (have to attend a wedding).

I admit that I'm somewhat tempted to snag Blackbeard, since I've been putzing around with the Vassal set lately. But more than likely, we'll be getting new gutters for the house instead.

More
20 Oct 2010 13:51 #77133 by Notahandle
MattDP wrote:
" I just lost my job, but I'm not "officially" unemployed until December. Does this mean I can qualify for free games and a 50% discount? Even if I live in the UK? I suppose I should ask GMT, but it feels a bit cheeky."
Then call me cheeky and whip out your credit card!
Meaning that I asked Tony last year, and, yes, I qualified. I also took a finances-be-damned approach and ordered some other games, including P500 pre-orders. You should ask him about the 'lost my job but not until December' aspect though. I suspect you'll qualify, GMT are being incredibly generous.

More
20 Oct 2010 16:54 #77146 by southernman
Notahandle wrote:

Then call me cheeky and whip out your credit card!
Meaning that I asked Tony last year, and, yes, I qualified. I also took a finances-be-damned approach and ordered some other games, including P500 pre-orders. You should ask him about the 'lost my job but not until December' aspect though. I suspect you'll qualify, GMT are being incredibly generous.

So what games have you got hidden over there at Didcot Adrian that never get played with your RftG gaming mates ?

More
20 Oct 2010 19:15 #77152 by Stonecutter
Is Europe Engulfed going to be reprinted? It's not on their page

More
20 Oct 2010 19:42 #77153 by Bulwyf
Oh boy, this is always a dangerous time of year for my wallet. I think I'm currently eligible for 3 games at 50% off but I'm not sure there's anything I want. The two games I really want, Labyrinth and C&C:Napoleonics are already on pre-order. I suppose I could take a flyer on The Caucasus Campaign, but I really need to reign in the purchase of games that might not even see table time. That being said GMT is a class act for putting this sale one. I have entire shelves full of nothing but GMT titles.

-Will

More
20 Oct 2010 22:16 #77156 by jpat
Stonecutter wrote:

Is Europe Engulfed going to be reprinted? It's not on their page

Yeah, just saw it was out of print. It's not listed as a reprint, and I wonder whether they'll be in a hurry to relist it since they have Asia Engulfed at $40 ($20 at 50% off, so tempting even though I doubt I'd play it) and they have a couple other large-scale ETO games in the hopper (not to mention Sturn Europa on the horizon from Academy Games).

I'll probably get C&C:A #1 even though I haven't played #2 and #3 yet. Might get the Epic II expansion. As mentioned above, I'm tempted by AE at $20, but I've had Europe Engulfed for maybe 18 months and haven't played it yet (and something about the ruleset just doesn't stick in my brain).

More
21 Oct 2010 07:47 #77179 by dan daly
Looks like you could still buy Europe Engulfed by pieces- map, counters, and stickers are all available for sale on GMT's site. Scrounge up some blocks either from GMT or Columbia, download the rules, and you'd be on your way.

More
21 Oct 2010 09:17 #77187 by Notahandle
Southernman wrote:
" So what games have you got hidden over there at Didcot Adrian that never get played with your RftG gaming mates ?"
Europe Engulfed, Asia Engulfed, Carthage, Alesia, Conquest of Paradise, Chandragupta, War Galley, Twilight Struggle, Manoeuvre. Sekigahara is on pre-order. If you're talking non-GMT, Napoleon's Triumph, Viktory II, numerous SPI and AH ones (mainly siege, ancients, SF, fantasy). Plus others I can't remember off-hand.

There's only one other wargamer among the club members; we played his copy of The Napoleonic Wars a few times.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.174 seconds