W
WadeMonnig
January 13, 2021
805 1
O
oliverkinne
January 12, 2021
510 0
Bugs Update: Recent Topics & Main Menu (11 Dec 2020)

Main Menu drop down bug has been fixed. You may need to clear your cache to pick up the new code.
Recent Topics paging bug requires a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

Looking for Decision Games ADC2 gamesets and Virtual ATS files

More
22 Jan 2012 17:00 #113754 by Dogmatix
Anyone out there have any old ADC2 game sets they'd like to part with/share? I'm slowly converting my ADC2 stuff to Vassal so that I can actually play some of these games [as ADC2 doesn't run on my 64-bit Win7 machine] I own. I'm working on L2's Russia Besieged [those fuckers have been sitting on completed Grand Fleet VASSAL and ADC2 sets for the better part of a year now and won't decide one way or another to release, which pisses me off no end--I bought the fucking game and someone else did the work on the modules, either release it for free or offer it up for sale and be done with it, damnit] the SPW Der Weltkrieg games now [damned shame they didn't do a set for the Turk front game in the series but I have all the others].

There are 3 in particular I'm hunting for: the Spanish Civil War 1 (S&T games), War in the Pacific and Invasion America. There's a Cyberboard set for IA but the map and counters are *horrible* looking and I'm hoping the ADC set will look a little better. I don't mind (much, anyway) just buying these from DG, but I figured I'd ask around here first in case someone has sets mouldering away somewhere.

Also, I lost all my VATS stuff to a drive failure and Critical Hit pulled the files off their site while they figure out a way to distribute the stuff while mitigating their fears that the only people downloading it are folks who don't own any of the games. I *do* actually own everything in the ATS line but Maureen (CH customer service) hasn't been able to release the files to me yet--I presume Ray ("Mr. CH") T. has put all distribution on hold

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2012 20:07 #113776 by Msample

Dogmatix wrote: Anyone out there have any old ADC2 game sets they'd like to part with/share? I'm slowly converting my ADC2 stuff to Vassal so that I can actually play some of these games [as ADC2 doesn't run on my 64-bit Win7 machine] I own. I'm working on L2's Russia Besieged [those fuckers have been sitting on completed Grand Fleet VASSAL and ADC2 sets for the better part of a year now and won't decide one way or another to release, which pisses me off no end--I bought the fucking game and someone else did the work on the modules, either release it for free or offer it up for sale and be done with it, damnit] the SPW Der Weltkrieg games now [damned shame they didn't do a set for the Turk front game in the series but I have all the others].

There are 3 in particular I'm hunting for: the Spanish Civil War 1 (S&T games), War in the Pacific and Invasion America. There's a Cyberboard set for IA but the map and counters are *horrible* looking and I'm hoping the ADC set will look a little better. I don't mind (much, anyway) just buying these from DG, but I figured I'd ask around here first in case someone has sets mouldering away somewhere.

Also, I lost all my VATS stuff to a drive failure and Critical Hit pulled the files off their site while they figure out a way to distribute the stuff while mitigating their fears that the only people downloading it are folks who don't own any of the games. I *do* actually own everything in the ATS line but Maureen (CH customer service) hasn't been able to release the files to me yet--I presume Ray ("Mr. CH") T. has put all distribution on hold

Good luck. Decision, L2, and CH are all examples of companies where customer service takes a backseat to paranoia and apathy.

More
22 Jan 2012 20:51 #113783 by Dogmatix

Msample wrote: Good luck. Decision, L2, and CH are all examples of companies where customer service takes a backseat to paranoia and apathy.

Yea, no shit. The guy who did Streets of Stalingrad 3rd ed. AARs on Der Geek also built a fantastic Vassal module; it's miles better than the straight ADC conversion up on the vassal site. I was fortunate to get a copy from him. Now I'd like to get the rest of my L2 stuff playable.

As for Decision, their attitude has always just kind of blown my mind. *shrug* I'll buy the ADC2 modules and build my own. It costs a bit but it's easier than doing all the scanning or artwork up front (though I'll probably have to do that for the Ottoman front game if I ever hope to play it against another human).

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds