× Post your play by email & play by forum games here.

Anyone interested in playing Antiquity online?

More
21 Mar 2012 14:19 #120055 by Not Sure

Dr. Mabuse wrote: Yeah I'm surprised too.

Okay I created the game but I can't seem to click on the game name to start it. Maybe there's something on your guys' end?

I'll wait 'til tomorrow and maybe email the designer, if we can't get it going.


I think it's that you set it for four, and Sax hasn't accepted yet. I see me, you, and Dog in the players list.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2012 14:24 #120057 by Dr. Mabuse

Schlupp wrote:

Back on topic, I'm surprised there hasn't been more interest in Antiquity here.

I'm in next time, if there is a next time. I have never played the game, so I'm interested to get your judgement on whether this is good or not (both the game itself as well as the implementation).


We can even do a two player if you're interested.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2012 14:25 #120058 by Dr. Mabuse

Not Sure wrote:

Dr. Mabuse wrote: Yeah I'm surprised too.

Okay I created the game but I can't seem to click on the game name to start it. Maybe there's something on your guys' end?

I'll wait 'til tomorrow and maybe email the designer, if we can't get it going.


I think it's that you set it for four, and Sax hasn't accepted yet. I see me, you, and Dog in the players list.


Okay, then we're just waiting on him. He TM'd me yesterday to say he was in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2012 15:21 #120068 by schlupp

Dr. Mabuse wrote:

Schlupp wrote:

Back on topic, I'm surprised there hasn't been more interest in Antiquity here.

I'm in next time, if there is a next time. I have never played the game, so I'm interested to get your judgement on whether this is good or not (both the game itself as well as the implementation).

We can even do a two player if you're interested.

Sure, fire it up. BGG suggests it works good with two players, so I'm happy to give it a try. Same name as here (schlupp).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2012 15:34 #120070 by Dr. Mabuse

Schlupp wrote:

Dr. Mabuse wrote:

Schlupp wrote:

Back on topic, I'm surprised there hasn't been more interest in Antiquity here.

I'm in next time, if there is a next time. I have never played the game, so I'm interested to get your judgement on whether this is good or not (both the game itself as well as the implementation).

We can even do a two player if you're interested.

Sure, fire it up. BGG suggests it works good with two players, so I'm happy to give it a try. Same name as here (schlupp).

Done.

"F:AT Fett"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2012 15:44 #120073 by Gary Sax
hahaha, I have no fucking idea what I'm doing strategywise!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2012 16:12 #120084 by schlupp
Joined. But I need to read the rules first before making a move. Wallenstein on spielbyweb you can just push buttons and see what happens. I have a feeling that that won't work here.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2012 16:55 #120109 by Dogmatix

Gary Sax wrote: hahaha, I have no fucking idea what I'm doing strategywise!!!


Neither do I but the back page of the rulebook gives a few "do this so you don't die on round 2" tips that are at least a place to start :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2012 23:43 #120186 by Not Sure
We're all even then except Doc apparently played himself in a starter game.

Deep end this way ====>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2012 18:48 #120267 by Dr. Mabuse
I think we're waiting on Dogmatix to place his city?

There's no email sent from the game so you have to check in on the game once in awhile.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Mar 2012 21:48 #120301 by Dogmatix

Dr. Mabuse wrote: I think we're waiting on Dogmatix to place his city?

There's no email sent from the game so you have to check in on the game once in awhile.


Hrm... Thought I did that...let's try it again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2012 00:03 #120312 by Not Sure
Interface is pretty hokey for sure. Definitely requires a lot of guess-and-check.

I put a note in chat, but I'm flying out to sunny Mexico at 0-dark-30 tomorrow, so my ability to play may be hampered for a few days. I'll try to place my buildings tonight, but that requires actually understanding the rules instead of just reading them, so I don't starve myself in turn 1. I may not get to that tonight. Normal service will return Thursday morning, hopefully with some check-ins between.

Luckily I'm ducking out at the single greatest AP point of the game turn, so maybe you won't even notice for a few days...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2012 02:09 #120325 by Dr. Mabuse
I liken Antiquity's interface to moving from Atari(Titan on ACTS) to Intellivision. I have no problem with it at all.

AP? C'MON MAN THIS IS SPARTA!

Have a safe trip.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2012 02:23 #120328 by Chapel
Forgot how fucking brutal Antiquity is.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2012 04:29 #120333 by Dogmatix

Not Sure wrote: Luckily I'm ducking out at the single greatest AP point of the game turn, so maybe you won't even notice for a few days...


Yea, and I think I may have fucked it up something fierce right out o' the gate thanks to not quite grasping the impact of the ZOC rules. But, hey, hopefully I'll last long enough to learn something and be smarter for the next game.

And I've dropped my tile and done some city planning and validated my phase, so it's officially Not My Fault anymore ;).

Oh, and have fun in Mexico Paul.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds