October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

Funnel World PbF: Villagers!

More
20 Nov 2013 15:06 - 20 Nov 2013 15:08 #165618 by ThirstyMan

repoman wrote: Bond: Arkif hopes to protect Gudfu from herself mainly by derailing her schemes of creating an illegal and illicit Jotor empire.

O yeah? What fucking empire? Friggin' prove it, you half baked part time murdering copper.

Rolling 76
Last edit: 20 Nov 2013 15:08 by ThirstyMan.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Nov 2013 15:10 #165619 by repoman

ThirstyMan wrote:

repoman wrote: Bond: Arkif hopes to protect Gudfu from herself mainly by derailing her schemes of creating an illegal and illicit Jotor empire.

O yeah? What fucking empire? Friggin' prove it, you half baked part time murdering copper.

Rolling 76

(Doin' that two finger point at my eyes the at you) I got my eyes on you Gudfu!

D100 = 98

More
20 Nov 2013 15:25 - 20 Nov 2013 15:26 #165622 by ThirstyMan
Etirr

* Why are you a wanted man, and by whom?

I be a simple man. They say education is the key to getting on in life but I knows better. The key is sheep. I love my sheep I do. And not in a nasty silly way but in a healthy loving emotional and physical relationship. Sheep, they don't talk much and they appreciate my good loving. I'm a one sheep man though so no one can accuse me of two timing. I be mono gomus (or something).

We gonna have babies soon (or at least we're trying for them). We be married and all thanks to a monk on his way up to the monastery, he married us for 5 gold pieces. I thought it was a bit expensive but we 'ain't having no bastard children. And now we be legal. He forgot to give us the papers though so I'm gonna find him with all my friends from the village and make him give me the official papers so I don't have to pay so much tax to the king. We real smart we are.

So I'm wanted by Essie (obviusly, duh) and she is be wanted by me.

* Why is there only one sheep left in your flock?

This be a stoopid question. I married her and I be mono gomus. I thought I already explained all this.

* Bond: I saved Illdauga from drowning in the well. I tried to throw sticks of explosive down the well to get rid of the water. Illdauga found a way out by swimming to the bottom and out through a cave. I really think I helped though by blowing up the water. She never did thank me.
Last edit: 20 Nov 2013 15:26 by ThirstyMan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jason Lutes

More
20 Nov 2013 15:29 - 20 Nov 2013 15:30 #165624 by stormseeker75
D100 = 19????? FML

Thorgana:

* Why is your health not what it should be?

Thorgana's first taste of the fine Dwarvish ale came at the tender age of 6. Unbeknownst to her and her family, their batch had spoiled and turned deadly. Thorgana was the only one to survive, however it came with a terrible cost. She had an unsatiable lust for alcohol that alleviated the burning coming from from her liver. While it dulls the pain, its slowly killing her at the same time. She has to drink to avoid the pain, but dies a little more every time she does.

* What, in your wisdom, do you think awaits this expedition?
Thorgana's years of traveling and exploring have put her in tune with the rhythm and pulse of Mother Nature. Her dwarvish traits tie her into the ground, rocks and mountains like no one else. She can feel a taint coming from the area. A blackness. A vileness. Something unnatural is in there. She has no fear of this unknown, but she does possess a great respect for whatever it is.

* Bond: I will convince Gera of the value of honor, and also of good ale.

Gunnva:

* Why do you care that your fellow villagers have gone missing?
IF NOBODY AROUND TO BUY FISH, WHY GUNNVA FISH? NO TRADE, NO FOOD! OTHERWISE, GUNNVA HAPPY THEY ALL GONE.

* When you look up at the ruins on the side of the mountain from your boat, what do you think about?
I THINK ABOUT FISH! FISH NOT LIVE IN MOUNTAIN. FISH LIVE IN WATER. GUNNVA ARM WRESTLE ANYBODY WHO DISAGREES!

* Bond: I stole from GUDFU because I needed to practice stealing. GUDFU NOT TRADE. GUNNVA NEED JOTOR BUT GUDFU NOT NEED FISH. NEXT TIME GUNNVA STEAL PRETTY HAIR.
Last edit: 20 Nov 2013 15:30 by stormseeker75.

More
20 Nov 2013 15:36 #165625 by Dr. Mabuse

Jason Lutes wrote:

Dr. Mabuse wrote: Thanks Jason! Sorry for the delay, it was game night tonight. HERE WE GOOO!!!!

Awesome, Doc. Now I just need a couple of follow-up rolls from you:

1. Roll 1d6
2. Roll 1d4

1. 1
2. 3

More
20 Nov 2013 15:46 - 20 Nov 2013 18:09 #165626 by ThirstyMan

stormseeker75 wrote:
* Bond: I stole from GUDFU because I needed to practice stealing. GUDFU NOT TRADE. GUNNVA NEED JOTOR BUT GUDFU NOT NEED FISH. NEXT TIME GUNNVA STEAL PRETTY HAIR.

Gunnva is gonna get a swift kick in the crotch if she continues to nick my stuff.

WTF is it with everyone and my alleged use of Jotor? Christ you'd think you're all jealous or something.

Don't forget I started fucking JAGSA (Jotor, Alcohol, Grenfawl and Sex Anonymous) in this village.
Last edit: 20 Nov 2013 18:09 by ThirstyMan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stormseeker75

More
20 Nov 2013 15:54 #165627 by Dr. Mabuse

Jason Lutes wrote: I need one final roll from each of you: roll 1d100 and report the result. Not one roll per character, just one roll.

More
20 Nov 2013 16:15 #165628 by the_jake_1973
Illdauga

[agitated hand motions]
I still think that Etirr's sheep pushed me in the well, or he did. It's not like I could call for help. His bride will make a tasty meal and a nice frock.
[/agitated hand motions]

More
20 Nov 2013 17:13 #165632 by Jason Lutes
Calling Dr. Mabuse! The original cast of characters post has been updated to include your villagers. Please answer the questions and choose bonds for both of them.

More
20 Nov 2013 17:45 - 20 Nov 2013 17:48 #165636 by DukeofChutney
- There is some awesome sauce in this thread already!

Brother Thunke

* Who is your deity?

Fodar, High spirit of the morning, his is the freshness of the dew, the redness of the dawn, the victory over the night, and the call for honest work.
As his Pilgrim i meditate on his teachings each rising of the sun, remembering his charge to honest work and the daily renewal of the world, and lament my failure to endure in his teachings the previous night.

* Why is the Hvitric monastery of interest to your deity?

Of its ruin Elder Sarantor knows little, but Fodor has decreed that its occupants have stopped seeking the morning. Elder Sarantor bids me to go here and search, bringing whatever i find back to him.

* Bond: I do not trust Thorgana because she is stupid.

She thinks selling fish is an honest mornings work, how little she knows!

Ligri

* What do you think happened to your father?

A strange man came to us at night and told my father there was perfect timbre to be found near the old Monastery. I woke one morning and he was gone. I don't know why he hasn't come back.

* What did you see that time you wandered onto the Forsaken Fell as a child?

A lady, with no eyes in her sockets standing knee deep in a mire. She opened her mouth as if to scream, there was no sound, even the birds fell silent. I ran.

* Bond: I lied to Etirr about my feelings.

He asked me if i miss my father like he sometimes misses his special one. I wanted to say yes, to talk about the loneliness, but i didn't. I wasn't completely sure of what he was asking.

Roll: 64
Last edit: 20 Nov 2013 17:48 by DukeofChutney.

More
20 Nov 2013 18:00 #165638 by Dr. Mabuse

Jason Lutes wrote: Calling Dr. Mabuse! The original cast of characters post has been updated to include your villagers. Please answer the questions and choose bonds for both of them.

On it.

More
20 Nov 2013 19:11 #165644 by metalface13
Gerdga
Work in the mines have given me strong hands, a sharpened tongue and a calloused heart. Working alongside men in dark, dangerous conditions aren't easy. I've often had to use my quick wit to defend my lady bits from unwanted advances, or if need be, my iron-hard fists. One miner was able to penetrate my defenses though, and stole my heart. But then the mine stole him from me. Now I go to the wretched monastery in search of my only child, Jeb, a son in the very image of his father. I'm anxious to find him, and afraid of what I'll find.

* What friend or family member has recently gone missing? My son, Jeb.
* What did you see in the mines that one time, and why did you never tell anyone? A strange ore that glowed pale green. It gave me nightmares for a month. I didn't tell anyone because I didn't need anyone else telling me mining wasn't woman's work.
* Bond: Hafle is destined for greatness, because he has “that special glow.”

Othilde
I like doggies. Except the mean ones at the trash heaps. I hit them with sticks if they bother me. People in town laugh at me a lot. I must be funny!

* What was last the interesting thing you found in someone else’s trash? A carved piece of turtle shell I keep for good luck.
* Where are your parents? I dunno.
* Bond: I will convince Gunnva of the value of knowledge.

More
20 Nov 2013 19:41 #165647 by Jason Lutes

DukeofChutney wrote: * Bond: I do not trust Thorgana because she is stupid.

She thinks selling fish is an honest mornings work, how little she knows!

This going to happen a fair amount because we have so many characters in play, so pardon the correction: Gunnva is the fisherwoman; Thorgana is the dwarf smith. I will correct people as I notice errors, and eventually we'll get used to the names.

Optional homework: sketch portraits of your characters (I don't care how "bad" your drawing is) and email them to me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., and I will make drawings of them.

More
20 Nov 2013 19:46 #165649 by stormseeker75
GUNNVA AND OTHILDE SOUND LIKE SHOULD BE FRIENDS. 5 BRAIN CELLS BETWEEN US. GUNNVA HAVE 4.

More
20 Nov 2013 20:41 #165656 by metalface13
d100 roll: 69 *snicker*

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds