Front Page

Content

Board Games

Forums

Site Tools

Submissions

About

T
TabletopIsland
July 11, 2020
109 0
TK
The King in Yellow
July 11, 2020
208 1
O
oliverkinne
July 10, 2020
209 0
M
max
July 10, 2020
331 0
D
DirtyWook
July 09, 2020
316 0
MB
Michael Barnes
July 09, 2020
1082 0
AL
Andi Lennon
July 09, 2020
702 0
W
We-reNotWizards
July 08, 2020
354 0
U
ubarose
July 07, 2020
652 0
T
thegiantbrain
July 07, 2020
196 0
O
oliverkinne
July 07, 2020
476 0
J
Jexik
July 06, 2020
477 0
O
oliverkinne
July 03, 2020
698 0
MB
Michael Barnes
July 02, 2020
1274 0

Pan Am Flies High - Review

Board Game Reviews
J
Jexik
July 02, 2020
687 0
× Post your play by email & play by forum games here.

Ok, so who's up Successors 3rd via VASSAL/ACTS?

More
02 Feb 2009 07:02 #19416 by Dogmatix
MattDP wrote:

Oops, sorry, didn't know everyone was waiting on me.

Username MattDP, registered email is matt *underscore* thrower *at* hotmail *dot* com


No worries. I'm getting the game set-up now. I'll send a save file out with initial set-up this afternoon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2009 20:42 - 02 Feb 2009 21:53 #19564 by Dogmatix
Dogmatix wrote:

MattDP wrote:

Oops, sorry, didn't know everyone was waiting on me.

Username MattDP, registered email is matt *underscore* thrower *at* hotmail *dot* com


No worries. I'm getting the game set-up now. I'll send a save file out with initial set-up this afternoon.



Ok folks, y'all should have been spammed by ACTS today. We'll use that for cards and dice. And, of course, general spamming of one another...
Last edit: 02 Feb 2009 21:53 by Dogmatix.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2009 22:16 #19567 by Bulwyf
Hey Dog. Can you send me a link for the 2.0 module. I thought I could get it off the VASSAL site but its a no go. Also TOS is still down. Thanks.

-Will

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2009 02:00 #19579 by Dogmatix
Bulwyf wrote:

Hey Dog. Can you send me a link for the 2.0 module. I thought I could get it off the VASSAL site but its a no go. Also TOS is still down. Thanks.

-Will


No problem. I'll send a link to all y'all for D/L...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2009 09:55 #19618 by Bulwyf
Thanks a ton. I'm setting it up ASAP.

-Will

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2009 15:59 #19750 by Dogmatix
Bulwyf wrote:

Thanks a ton. I'm setting it up ASAP.

-Will



Cool. Got your logfile. Hugh can combine set-up and first move and we'll be underway! Good luck to all...of you who aren't me. May the rest of you pretenders to the throne suffer miserable painful deaths by lead poisoning... :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2009 04:30 #20072 by Dogmatix
Hugh: I emailed you the links for D/L the proper VASSAL beta. However, if you didn't get it, the info is here:

Don't know which system you're running, so you can find the links to the various 3.1b8 editions here:

www.vassalengine.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1599

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2009 05:53 - 05 Feb 2009 05:54 #20074 by Matt Thrower
Dogmatix wrote:

May the rest of you pretenders to the throne suffer miserable painful deaths by lead poisoning... :)


Lead poisoning? Personally, I plan on it being by cold bronze poisoning, but maybe that's just me. Or perhaps I haven't looked through the Tyche deck enough.

Having now read all the rules, I'm really stoked about this game. Looks like it might be what I've been searching for - a historical, multi-player CDG with a managable rules length and play time.
Last edit: 05 Feb 2009 05:54 by Matt Thrower.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2009 10:43 #20132 by Bulwyf
I drank what?! - Socrates

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2009 11:19 #20140 by Dogmatix
MattDP wrote:

Dogmatix wrote:

May the rest of you pretenders to the throne suffer miserable painful deaths by lead poisoning... :)


Lead poisoning? Personally, I plan on it being by cold bronze poisoning, but maybe that's just me. Or perhaps I haven't looked through the Tyche deck enough.

Having now read all the rules, I'm really stoked about this game. Looks like it might be what I've been searching for - a historical, multi-player CDG with a managable rules length and play time.


Matt--I'd say it's exactly what you're looking for--and, as far as I can figure, it's all the things that, say, Wellington or The Napoleonic Wars, are not. My current game has been amazing enough that I'd consider having a game of this going on VASSAL at all times.

I'm going to likely bring this one up to Trashfest in May and try to beat KingPut and some others into playing in person.


Will--did you see my post about the HQ parts I'm looking for? I need the dice and the Gargoyle's head from your incomplete base game if you can spare 'em to complete my house copy [which I parted out to ebay 2 other sets]. Let me know a price with shipping if you're willing to part with 'em...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2009 13:02 #20165 by Bulwyf
Dogmatix wrote:

Will--did you see my post about the HQ parts I'm looking for? I need the dice and the Gargoyle's head from your incomplete base game if you can spare 'em to complete my house copy [which I parted out to ebay 2 other sets]. Let me know a price with shipping if you're willing to part with 'em...


Whoops. PM sent.

-Will

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2009 14:58 #20181 by Dogmatix
Bulwyf wrote:

Dogmatix wrote:

Will--did you see my post about the HQ parts I'm looking for? I need the dice and the Gargoyle's head from your incomplete base game if you can spare 'em to complete my house copy [which I parted out to ebay 2 other sets]. Let me know a price with shipping if you're willing to part with 'em...


Whoops. PM sent.

-Will


Now PM me your paypal address (I never like to assume it's the same email address when cash is involved) and we're good to go. :)


By the way, has anyone heard from Hugh since Tuesday's request for tech support? I'd hate to think he got swallowed-up by Real Life before we even kicked off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2009 17:23 #20222 by Bulwyf
Not I. If this is his first exposure to VASSAL he may be feeling a bit overwhelmed. Hopefully he will post here and ask for help if he needs it. Personally VASSAL is just different enough from Cyberboard to get me into trouble. So I'm apologizing ahead of time if I do anything stupid.

-Will

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2009 01:42 #20272 by Dogmatix
Bulwyf wrote:

Not I. If this is his first exposure to VASSAL he may be feeling a bit overwhelmed. Hopefully he will post here and ask for help if he needs it. Personally VASSAL is just different enough from Cyberboard to get me into trouble. So I'm apologizing ahead of time if I do anything stupid.

-Will


And my problem goes the other way...cyberboard and I are not on particularly friendly terms.

And this reminds me that I need to edit the VP on ACTS to ensure it matches the board...doh...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2009 00:22 #23876 by hacksword
This game is awesome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds