October 09, 2023
2458 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2661 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

Battlestar Galactica Play-by-Forum

More
22 Apr 2009 20:50 #26635 by ozjesting
That looks god to me Southernman! The only part of this I have never quite got my head around...how do we get, use cards?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Apr 2009 02:24 #26676 by southernman
ozjesting wrote:

That looks god to me Southernman! The only part of this I have never quite got my head around...how do we get, use cards?

I think that's what the moderator is in charge of, dealing and tracking cards.
There is a spreadsheet player aid on TOS that describes all cards in the game which could be copied and pasted onto a second sheet of the shared google spreadsheet.

More
23 Apr 2009 12:01 #26714 by Ken B.
I've decided to go ahead and kick this off even though I still have a few things to hash out in how I'm going to handle this. I'm not awesome with photo editing tools, so I'm going to try and practice that a little bit.

This game will be SLOW. Bear with me. Experience will make this much smoother.

I've posted a lot of preliminary details in this, the OFFICIAL thread of our first game:

http://fortressat.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=712&func=view&catid=30&id=26708

Character selection has begun. If you're taking part in this game, it's time to suit up and report for duty.

More
23 Apr 2009 17:19 #26765 by DeletedUser
Ken B. wrote:

I've decided to go ahead and kick this off even though I still have a few things to hash out in how I'm going to handle this. I'm not awesome with photo editing tools, so I'm going to try and practice that a little bit.

This game will be SLOW. Bear with me. Experience will make this much smoother.

Yeehah.

Don't worry Ken, I'm on a learning curve too so I'm pretty relaxed about how this game will pan out. I'm sure no-one's gonna get ornery over a few inevitable hiccups.

More
25 Apr 2009 07:17 - 12 Mar 2018 19:05 #26928 by southernman
I've updated my google spreadsheet and presentation with the starting data, except for what space sector Apollo has lauched into. The spreadsheet also has page for the skill card values and actions/events and, when I get time, the board location actions.

Spreadsheet (data)

Board plus data

Also, for anyone interested, my first bash at a CRT-type table to determine the loyalty of the Sympathiser based on the lowest Resource value and the Jump distance using a d8 is here (I got a bit carried away with different ways to display it hence all the tabs):

Sympathiser Loyalty
Last edit: 12 Mar 2018 19:05 by southernman.

More
25 Apr 2009 09:16 #26931 by KingPut
Southernman,
That Sympathiser Loyalty CRT chart is great. I've hated playing with people who were adding gaminess to BSG by trying to drop one resource down into the red.

More
25 Apr 2009 09:33 #26932 by southernman
KingPut wrote:

Southernman,
That Sympathiser Loyalty CRT chart is great. I've hated playing with people who were adding gaminess to BSG by trying to drop one resource down into the red.

I'm glad at least one person understood it - I was afraid I got carried away in my engineer-type mode and it just looked unfriendly and the ramblings of a mad-man.

I haven't tested it yet as we have yet to have a 4 or 6 player game since I did it.
I wanted to add weightings for how low/high the lowest resource was and how far was left to jump so it was not as easily exploited as the game rule. But if you get a bad role it will really make things tough for one side, so still unsure about that ... but that's what dice are for I suppose.

More
25 Apr 2009 20:54 #26965 by Ken B.
Okay,so let's hash out some details before we take the final plunge.

1. Can everyone see the stuff that Southernman is linking to? Do you have access?

2. Before SM sent me these files, I had been practicing with another file, the Dradis jpeg that is floating around the SomethingAwful forums. Do you want to use SM's map--causing you to have to click the link to see--or do you want me to use the DRADIS jpeg and post updated pictures directly to the main thread?

3. I've realized that the card situation will cause updates to not work very well on the weekend. I would have to transport the cards back and forth from work...all the while not mixing them or changing their order. So I will keep the stacks at work and if we wait on card draws, then the game will pause until I am back at work to resolve. Don't know a better way.

4. Do we want to use this new, untested Sympathizer variant that was listed? Doesn't bother me either way, but it will have to be a consensus.

More
25 Apr 2009 21:10 #26967 by ozjesting
I can see everything in the SM files.

I am cool with clicking...but if it is easy for YOU Ken, I can see the benefit of a map in the thread.

We know it will be slow in space, so however is best for you with the cards I am cool.

I don't know enough about this game yet to have sympathizer opinions. Whatever is decided I will go with.

More
25 Apr 2009 22:10 #26969 by Dr. Mabuse
I can see everything as well.

Whatever is easiest for you Ken.

More
25 Apr 2009 22:37 - 25 Apr 2009 22:59 #26970 by Shellhead
EDIT.

I can see all five slides just fine. Looks great.
Last edit: 25 Apr 2009 22:59 by Shellhead.

More
25 Apr 2009 23:23 #26974 by DeletedUser
I can see all the Google docs just fine. I'm ok with clicking a link to see the gameboard or having a JPEG posted to the game thread.

I don't have a preference regarding the sympathiser rules as this is my first game of BSG and I don't understand the implications of either method.

As I stated earlier, I'm happy to fit in with however you want to run this.

More
26 Apr 2009 00:39 #26975 by KingPut
The files look fine and I good with any set rules.

More
26 Apr 2009 05:32 #26979 by southernman
Ken B. wrote:

Okay,so let's hash out some details before we take the final plunge.

2. Before SM sent me these files, I had been practicing with another file, the Dradis jpeg that is floating around the SomethingAwful forums. Do you want to use SM's map--causing you to have to click the link to see--or do you want me to use the DRADIS jpeg and post updated pictures directly to the main thread?

Whichever is best for you Ken - you can see both, plus you need to do the updates.

3. I've realized that the card situation will cause updates to not work very well on the weekend. I would have to transport the cards back and forth from work...all the while not mixing them or changing their order. So I will keep the stacks at work and if we wait on card draws, then the game will pause until I am back at work to resolve. Don't know a better way.

You could have a separate google spreadsheet that only you can access to keep a track of everyone's cards - along the lines of PILOTING-1, PILOTING-5, TACTICS-3.
We have the page on the spreadsheet I did which details which cards have what text on them, so you just need to record the basic info of type and value.
Then you could do something simple like crossing out each card when it was played and adding new cards as they are picked up.

4. Do we want to use this new, untested Sympathizer variant that was listed? Doesn't bother me either way, but it will have to be a consensus.

Sorry - I just put that out for anyon interested to try it out for themselves. Definitely did not mean to have it tested here.

More
26 Apr 2009 13:03 #26993 by southernman
I've updated the spreadsheet with pages for board location actions and the game turn options for players. Anything else that would be useful to add for new players or just for general reminders ?

Spreadsheet (data)

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds