October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2506 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Connect with other board gamers and organize online gaming here.

F:AT "Slow" game of Magic Realm (Realmpeak)?

More
06 May 2009 14:35 #28069 by NeonPeon
Awesome to see all this interest!

So, who wants to go to RealmSchool? :) It would require a VNC client and Teamspeak (or similar software). Then the hard part would be choosing a time that works for everyone interested. Maybe we could use www.doodle.com , which is a simple poll-based event scheduler.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2009 14:59 #28072 by metalface13
I'd do some RealmSchooling, it's really hard to figure out by yourself.

More
06 May 2009 16:19 #28082 by Space Ghost
When is the start day on this badboy -- and how fast are we expecting turn around times for the turns?

I am definitely up for it.

More
06 May 2009 16:58 #28087 by NeonPeon
Replied by NeonPeon on topic Re:F:AT
We would begin soon after the new version comes out. Maybe we'd want to wait a week or so for any horribly fatal bugs to be discovered (it has happened!). In case you missed it, the rough estimate for the release date is June but we can't really expect anything.

Hmm I'm not sure how long turnaround time should be. If we have a huge number of players like I'm hoping for, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a week for all players to play an average turn. Of course, uneventful turns would go much faster than those with epic, multi-character fights. (Oh man, I'm drooling at the thought.) I guess we'll just play it by ear and if someone takes to long, smack him.

More
07 May 2009 02:08 #28116 by Turek
Replied by Turek on topic Re:F:AT
i`m interested too.

More
07 May 2009 12:42 #28154 by ozjesting
Replied by ozjesting on topic Re:F:AT
Mark me as interested. I have little to no experience with either form of the game...but am willing to learn!

More
09 May 2009 12:42 #28282 by NeonPeon
OK, I've made a doodle poll for Professor NeonPeon's RealmSchool! Vote for the time slot that works best for you. Linky: www.doodle.com/sp6gkq74ym8sik8p

A few caveats:
  • I need a little while to brush up on the game myself and come up with a "lesson plan", hence the earliest date not being for a couple of weeks.
  • Even though I've played many (dozens? 100?) solo games and several 2-3 player cooperative games over the past few years, my experience in large and cutthroat games is limited. So I might not have the best tips for some situations such as player vs. player combat, or the best way to be an asshole with the Swordsman. Plus I still downright suck with some characters. My point is I'm no expert like Steve McKnight!
  • Although it might be ready in time, I'm not waiting for the next release (1.00) for RealmSchool, so it's possible things might be different by the time we play. I'm sure most if not all bug fixes will be for relatively obscure cases we're not likely to run into anyway. It sounded like to me the major thing was the memory leak bug fix.
  • I hope to teach the game as best as I can, but you're still going to have to practice on your own.
  • I don't plan on doing this more than once!
Let me know if you want me to add more dates in June. Honestly I didn't add more because it just takes too long...The page refeshes each time you select a date. Yuck.

Ok vote away!

More
14 May 2009 11:40 #28794 by NeonPeon

More
27 May 2009 16:20 #30661 by NeonPeon
I've decided to cancel a live online Magic Realm class. I could only get one person to vote for time slots, and even with more votes I doubt it would be easy getting everyone online at the same time.

Mr. Bullwinkle suggested I write how-to articles on combat, and I think I like the idea. I've already begun writing, so stay tuned! The initial article will assume you know absolutely nothing about the game, and will begin with simple combat situations. Each successive article will add more and more.

In related news, Robin says the new version of Realmspeak will be out on June 1!!!

More
27 May 2009 16:24 #30663 by Bullwinkle
Excellent. Looking forward to it.

Now if only more people would do as I tell them, the world would be a much better place.

More
27 May 2009 22:51 #30696 by Space Ghost
Looking forward to it too -- I will be solo playing this in the summer if it is the last fucking thing I do. I am tired of it staring at me on the shelf, intimidating me into inaction.

More
12 Jun 2009 13:13 #32006 by NeonPeon
Hey dudes, I haven't forgotten about my promise for a Magic Realm combat tutorial, nor have I forgotten about getting a slow game going. I've been caught in a crazy-ass work crunch for the past few weeks, which may not let up until sometime in July. We'll see what happens, but I definitely want to do this!

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.377 seconds