October 09, 2023
2491 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2694 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× WELCOME TO TRASHDOME!

This is part of a series of bloody matches to the death. Show support for your favorite game so it will do better in the fight. You can support it by writing why you think its the better game and more importantly by betting (i.e. voting for) it. Please make it clear for when I check the bets later. You have until Friday when I tally the bets and declare the winner. I will reserve my bet for any tie-breakers.

Although you should be familiar with both games, there is no rule that says you have to have played both of them. The only rule in Trashdome is this;

Two games enter! One game leaves!

Shower in the Morning vs. Shower at Night

More
13 Sep 2013 20:46 #160922 by Space Ghost
This topic was recently the subject of a large debate at lunch between myself and several colleagues, and now seems even more on topic given Barnes' disgust of the hygiene at DragonCon. Before we start, I am assuming that everyone is going to be showering (or bathing) at least once every day (I can't imagine otherwise).

So, do you favor showering in the morning after waking up or showering in the evening before going to bed?

My vote: Shower at night.

I was sure that I would be in the majority; however, I was in the minority at an amazing 6-1. Personally, I cannot fathom going to bed still grimy, sweaty, or whatever from the previous day. This is further amplified that if you do it repeatedly, then you are just starting to sleep in a cesspool of your own filth (unless you are changing your sheets daily -- but most morning showerers said that was not the case). I am so repulsed by it that I actually cannot fall asleep if I haven't showered.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2013 20:57 #160923 by repoman
Shower in the morning without fail. First it wakes me up and I like to feel fresh for the day ahead. Second, it eliminates bed head so I don't look like a complete wild man in the am. To get my hair to behave in any fashion I'd have to soak my head anyway and at that point a shower is easier.

I shower again at night depending on circumstance. Summer time when I've sweat a great deal, if I've gotten dirty from towing an accident or soaked from towing in the rain. In winter if I've been out in he cold to warm up or again if I've been gotten soaked due to snow or rain.

But night shower is optional.

More
13 Sep 2013 21:05 #160925 by Shellhead
Shower in the morning, primarily due to bedhead. And a shower helps prepare my face for shaving before work. It's also a great way to warm up if I need to snowblow the driveway before leaving for work.

However, if it's a weekend morning and I am going to do some serious yardwork or something similar, I will delay the shower until after the work is done.

I also shower at the gym right after a workout, sometimes twice if I am swimming laps... once before getting in the pool for sanitary reasons, and again after swimming, to rinse off the chlorine.

I am not opposed to showering at night if there is just cause, like a hard day of manual labor or some sweaty sex with my girlfriend.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, jeb

More
13 Sep 2013 21:19 #160927 by cdennett
Always shower in the morning unless it's a weekend with some yard work or tennis on the docket. I'm not opposed to showering at night when circumstances dictate.

More
13 Sep 2013 21:25 #160928 by Egg Shen
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen

More
13 Sep 2013 21:35 #160929 by wadenels

cdennett wrote: Always shower in the morning unless it's a weekend with some yard work or tennis on the docket. I'm not opposed to showering at night when circumstances dictate.

Same.

But most importantly, shower in the morning because of bed. If I spent 7 hours in one place you know what accumulates in that place? Sweat. That's what.

Sheets are washable, and so is my ass. I know which one I want to be cleaner when I leave the house in the A.M.

More
13 Sep 2013 21:40 #160930 by Michael Barnes
Shouldn't this be called "What SHOWERS are you taking?"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bullwinkle, wice, engineer Al, Malygris

More
13 Sep 2013 21:44 #160931 by engineer Al
From what I have seen, for much of the gaming communinty the answer just needs to be: SHOWER!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shellhead

More
13 Sep 2013 21:52 #160933 by Ken B.
Shower in the morning. I'm not going to work with bed head and swamp ass, man.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen

More
13 Sep 2013 22:14 - 13 Sep 2013 22:15 #160934 by telengard
I can't even sleep if I don't shower @ night. Everything is somewhat sticky etc.

We are in the minority for sure though...

Ideally I'd take 2 a day
Last edit: 13 Sep 2013 22:15 by telengard.

More
13 Sep 2013 22:15 #160935 by Erik Twice
It depends. I normally shower after going to the gym and I go to the gym in the morning.

More
13 Sep 2013 22:15 #160936 by Schweig!

Space Ghost wrote: Personally, I cannot fathom going to bed still grimy, sweaty, or whatever from the previous day. This is further amplified that if you do it repeatedly, then you are just starting to sleep in a cesspool of your own filth (unless you are changing your sheets daily -- but most morning showerers said that was not the case). I am so repulsed by it that I actually cannot fall asleep if I haven't showered.

Do you work in a mine shaft? Common white collar workers shouldn't get dirty during their day, particularly when driving to work by car. I mean, you should hardly be exposed to outside air, let alone dirt.

I shower in the morning on workdays, because it wakes me up. I shower in the evening on weekends, either before I go out or before I go to bed.

More
14 Sep 2013 01:48 #160943 by Stormcow
Look at this entitled guy who thinks everyone drives a car to work! I commute in Metro Manila. Between the sweaty crowds and the pollution, it doesn't leave you smelling like roses.

I take a bath in the evening, right before I go to bed. I don't like sleeping if I feel unclean, even if it is just body oils or what. If I don't have to go to work early, I might take a bath again in the morning, but it's not a requirement. It's something I'm used to because I grew up with it, but I suspect that personal metabolism might play a part in it too.

More
14 Sep 2013 02:20 - 14 Sep 2013 02:21 #160944 by Dr. Mabuse
I bike to and from work so, I shower when I get there and shower when I get back home.
Last edit: 14 Sep 2013 02:21 by Dr. Mabuse.

More
14 Sep 2013 02:50 #160945 by Shellhead

Dr. Mabuse wrote: I bike to and from work so, I shower when I get there and shower when I get back home.

Last year, the company that I work for moved into a newer facility that actually had lockers and a shower, and it was only four miles from my house. I was tempted to start biking to work, but I no longer own a bike, and the company's financial situation was so shaky that I just focused on saving money. Next week, the company is shutting down. I doubt that I am going to luck into a similar situation with the next job, wherever I land.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.358 seconds