October 09, 2023
2488 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2688 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× WELCOME TO TRASHDOME!

This is part of a series of bloody matches to the death. Show support for your favorite game so it will do better in the fight. You can support it by writing why you think its the better game and more importantly by betting (i.e. voting for) it. Please make it clear for when I check the bets later. You have until Friday when I tally the bets and declare the winner. I will reserve my bet for any tie-breakers.

Although you should be familiar with both games, there is no rule that says you have to have played both of them. The only rule in Trashdome is this;

Two games enter! One game leaves!

Shower in the Morning vs. Shower at Night

More
14 Sep 2013 03:10 #160948 by Gary Sax
Morning. Bedhead. I think I like showers at night for the reasons you outline, but they wake me up and that's no good right before bed. And bedhead, my hair is a nightmare.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2013 03:11 #160949 by Gary Sax

Stormcow wrote: I take a bath in the evening, right before I go to bed. I don't like sleeping if I feel unclean, even if it is just body oils or what. If I don't have to go to work early, I might take a bath again in the morning, but it's not a requirement. It's something I'm used to because I grew up with it, but I suspect that personal metabolism might play a part in it too.

A bath! Wow. Sounds luxurious.

More
14 Sep 2013 03:14 #160950 by ThirstyMan
In the 1970s in London, with my Grandparents, they would bath once a week and we would often share bath water. They were working class and had no shower. They didn't have the money to pay to heat the water up more than once a week. Surprisingly, it wasn't stinky and it wasn't unusual.

Now, I alternate. Sometimes in the evening and sometimes morning and sometimes both.

More
14 Sep 2013 05:21 #160953 by MattFantastic
I usually only shower every couple of days. Mostly in the afternoons or early evening before going out. I keep weird hours and don't mind the natural vibes. But I guess I'm the only degenerate.

More
14 Sep 2013 05:54 #160954 by ChristopherMD
I shower every morning then shave with a double-edged safety razor, and every other day I shave my head.

More
14 Sep 2013 10:05 #160955 by DukeofChutney
mornings, or when i feel sticky

More
14 Sep 2013 10:12 #160956 by jur
mostly: Showers in the morning
sometimes: shower in the morning at work, and evening when I get home when by bike
sometimes: evening when camping. Nothing better than to hit your sleeping bag fresh like. Especially when at a festival

More
14 Sep 2013 13:42 #160959 by lj1983
Evening. I work in a prep plant, and there are days where I shower and the water runs off Grey or black from all the dust in my hair. I also am at work at 445 am, so screw getting up any earlier than I have too.

More
14 Sep 2013 14:21 - 14 Sep 2013 14:22 #160960 by Schweig!

Stormcow wrote: Look at this entitled guy who thinks everyone drives a car to work!

I cycle to work but since this is an US-centered site I just assumed most people took their car to work.
Last edit: 14 Sep 2013 14:22 by Schweig!.

More
14 Sep 2013 17:28 #160965 by Disgustipater
Night showers all the way. I don't need to "wake up." I do that when I first open my eyes. And maybe it's because I'm not a long-haired hippy, but I can comb my hair just fine by getting it wet from the sink.

More
15 Sep 2013 03:12 #160986 by jeb
Shellhead nailed my sentiments. Shower in the AM is non-negotiable. Other showers are for-cause. But my barrier there is pretty low. Doesn't take much for me to shower. I average probably 10 a week, and it would be more if I wasn't such a lazy PoS.

More
15 Sep 2013 13:58 - 15 Sep 2013 14:21 #161001 by SuperflyPete

Egg Shen wrote: Both.

This. If not this, then ~not at night~ rather than AM. When I travel, its a 645 AM shower without fail. When I'm not, it's a noon shower, unless I have to go somewhere earlier.

It's like this, in my mind: If I'm not going anywhere that day, I don't need to shower first thing. I ~used to~ wake up totally alert and thus the "morning shower wake-up" isn't a big deal to me. What is a big deal to me is that in my particular profession, I have one opportunity to make a first impression on someone whom I'm trying to separate from their money, and every facet of what I do, say, look like, act like, and smell like affects the outcome. I do not leave anything to chance, and therefore, taking that morning shower is a calculated action.

When I was young and single that morning shower ensured that I'd look my best and smell my best because I was never sure that I wouldn't run into a potential orifice that I could slide into, again, the "separating person from their money" situation, but replace money with dignity, bodily fluids, or virginity.

First impressions count, and giving yourself any disadvantage in that regard is a risk that can be so easily mitigated that it just seems like laziness to not wake up 20 minutes earlier to shower. Additionally, I'm a morning shit kind of guy; A smoke, a coffee, and I'm shitting shortly thereafter. Do I want to walk around all day with shit-fumes on me? I.THINK.NOT.

Just my view. Not saying I'm wrong or right, but I am saying it's purpose-driven, at least in my life. Do I look down upon someone who doesn't shower in the AM? Not a bit. I hugged a bum at GenCon...I don't look down on very many people, for real, but their choice of "grooming time" isn't a factor.

Schweig! wrote:

Stormcow wrote: Look at this entitled guy who thinks everyone drives a car to work!

I cycle to work but since this is an US-centered site I just assumed most people took their car to work.

Some of Americans take stairs to work most days, and occasionally 747s and RJ-11s. And this is only because the Martin Jetpack is so expensive.

Schweig! wrote:

Space Ghost wrote: Personally, I cannot fathom going to bed still grimy, sweaty, or whatever from the previous day. This is further amplified that if you do it repeatedly, then you are just starting to sleep in a cesspool of your own filth (unless you are changing your sheets daily -- but most morning showerers said that was not the case). I am so repulsed by it that I actually cannot fall asleep if I haven't showered.

Do you work in a mine shaft? Common white collar workers shouldn't get dirty during their day, particularly when driving to work by car. I mean, you should hardly be exposed to outside air, let alone dirt.

[/quote]

Dude, I don't know if it's humid in Germany, but if you've ever been in Texas (or really, anywhere south of the Mason-Dixon line) in the time it takes to exit a car and walk into a facility, you're drenched with sweat. In Texas humidity, if you fart, your asshole sweats. It's just how it is, and I'm not a "big perspirer" by any means.
Last edit: 15 Sep 2013 14:21 by SuperflyPete.

More
15 Sep 2013 14:25 - 15 Sep 2013 14:25 #161005 by Gary Sax
So true, Pete. Texas, the home of sweaty assholes. Literally and figuratively.
Last edit: 15 Sep 2013 14:25 by Gary Sax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, the_jake_1973

More
16 Sep 2013 03:21 #161047 by moofrank
How about, whenever I think I need a shower. That ends up being about once a day, but some days get skipped, and there have been days with three. And sometimes I feel too icky to go to bed, if it has been hot.

Georgia, outside. And Swamp Castle humidity was evil.

More
16 Sep 2013 15:40 #161065 by Green Lantern

Ken B. wrote: Shower in the morning. I'm not going to work with bed head and swamp ass, man.

So you would rather go to bed with nice hair and swamp ass?

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds