October 09, 2023
2491 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2694 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× WELCOME TO TRASHDOME!

This is part of a series of bloody matches to the death. Show support for your favorite game so it will do better in the fight. You can support it by writing why you think its the better game and more importantly by betting (i.e. voting for) it. Please make it clear for when I check the bets later. You have until Friday when I tally the bets and declare the winner. I will reserve my bet for any tie-breakers.

Although you should be familiar with both games, there is no rule that says you have to have played both of them. The only rule in Trashdome is this;

Two games enter! One game leaves!

Trashdome - Twilight Imperium 3 vs Nexus Ops

More
24 Feb 2009 11:03 #22094 by mads b.
I'm not only surprised by the number of votes NO gets, but especially by the argument. Yes, TI3 is a long game. Yes, it's easier to play NO with new players, and yes, I think many of us who own both maybe play it more. But to let these two games fight in the Trahsdome is like feeding circus midgets to the lions. Fun, maybe, but ultimately an unfair fight.

TI3 is more varied, offers a richer experience, plays extremely different every single time, and foremost of all it tells great stories. Don't get me wrong, NEXUS OPS is a great game, but it's nothing compared to the immensity that is TI3. Yes, it can be destroyed by rules lawyers and other dicks, but then you should play NO with your dick friends and leave TI3 to those who are willing to take the time and make the effort it requires.

My vote: TWILIGHT IMPERIUM 3

Oh, and TI3 should be in the dome against STARCRAFT - that would be a fair fight.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Feb 2009 11:28 #22095 by Ska_baron
mads b. wrote:

I'm not only surprised by the number of votes NO gets, but especially by the argument. Yes, TI3 is a long game. Yes, it's easier to play NO with new players, and yes, I think many of us who own both maybe play it more. But to let these two games fight in the Trahsdome is like feeding circus midgets to the lions. Fun, maybe, but ultimately an unfair fight.

TI3 is more varied, offers a richer experience, plays extremely different every single time, and foremost of all it tells great stories. Don't get me wrong, NEXUS OPS is a great game, but it's nothing compared to the immensity that is TI3. Yes, it can be destroyed by rules lawyers and other dicks, but then you should play NO with your dick friends and leave TI3 to those who are willing to take the time and make the effort it requires.

My vote: TWILIGHT IMPERIUM 3

Oh, and TI3 should be in the dome against STARCRAFT - that would be a fair fight.

I agree with the duck guy! You guys need to GROW A PAIR and play TI3 instead of 4 games of NO. This is from a guy who only owns NO and has played TI3 all of once. But I'm DYING to play again. NO on the other hand is kinda like board game junk food. Pretty tasty, sure, but doesnt always leave me feeling full. TI3, however, is like a delicious steak dinner. It's tough, takes some cutting and chewing to get through - and if you prepped correctly - there will be blood.

More
24 Feb 2009 12:09 #22098 by TheDukester
Nexus Ops.

Forget this "length of game" pissing contest; I think it's the better game. End of.

More
24 Feb 2009 12:36 #22101 by blarknob
TWILIGHT IMPERIUM

More
24 Feb 2009 13:05 #22103 by Michael Barnes
Man, this is why it's probably just better to have a bunch of radio buttons and standardized voting so we just wind up with raw statistics instead of all this jibber jabber. It's the numbers that count, not what you feel about the game. Right? This is board gaming, isn't it? EVERYTHING MUST BE BINARY

More
24 Feb 2009 13:09 #22104 by mrmarcus
Michael Barnes wrote:

Man, this is why it's probably just better to have a bunch of radio buttons and standardized voting so we just wind up with raw statistics instead of all this jibber jabber. It's the numbers that count, not what you feel about the game. Right? This is board gaming, isn't it? EVERYTHING MUST BE BINARY

*chuckle* Good one.

More
24 Feb 2009 13:57 #22113 by OldHippy
I haven't posted on this site before but this is as good a reason as any.

TI3 hands down. It's got to be the King of AT games (or at least in the running) the super long play time is a GOOD THING. That is why it is epic, that is why we remember the TI3 sessions, that is why we argue about the game for two weeks after it is done. TI3 is the reason my 9 year old self got into boardgames way back in 1982 (although I didn't know it at the time) it is a king and I wouldn't be surprised to see it win this whole competition. Nexus Op's is great if you don't have the time for a REAL sci-fi game, certainly better the Race for the Galaxy, but comparable to TI3... forget it.

Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition (with the expansion preferably).

More
24 Feb 2009 14:10 #22114 by Ska_baron
JonJacob wrote:

I haven't posted on this site before but this is as good a reason as any.

TI3 hands down. It's got to be the King of AT games (or at least in the running) the super long play time is a GOOD THING. That is why it is epic, that is why we remember the TI3 sessions, that is why we argue about the game for two weeks after it is done. TI3 is the reason my 9 year old self got into boardgames way back in 1982 (although I didn't know it at the time) it is a king and I wouldn't be surprised to see it win this whole competition. Nexus Op's is great if you don't have the time for a REAL sci-fi game, certainly better the Race for the Galaxy, but comparable to TI3... forget it.

Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition (with the expansion preferably).

I declare JonJacob to be the new Michael Barnes. Let the internet tastemaking... BEGIN!

More
24 Feb 2009 14:34 #22116 by Octavian
Juniper wrote:

Octavian wrote:

TI3

Oh, great. Trolling again.

Your MOTHER!

More
24 Feb 2009 14:36 #22117 by ChristopherMD
Octavian wrote:

Juniper wrote:

Octavian wrote:

TI3

Oh, great. Trolling again.

Your MOTHER!

That was out of line.

More
24 Feb 2009 14:46 #22119 by Michael Barnes
I declare JonJacob to be the new Michael Barnes. Let the internet tastemaking... BEGIN!

We'd better ban that guy before he gets fired up. Even if his last name is likely "Jingleheimer-Smith" he could present the greatest threat the boardgaming hobby has seen since Mayfair did all that price fixing.

More
24 Feb 2009 14:55 #22120 by OldHippy
Michael Barnes wrote:

We'd better ban that guy before he gets fired up. Even if his last name is likely "Jingleheimer-Smith" he could present the greatest threat the boardgaming hobby has seen since Mayfair did all that price fixing.

What do I have to do. Is there a Rick in the house??

Hey, Michael, your full of crap.

Is that any good??

More
24 Feb 2009 15:04 #22121 by Juniper
Mad Dog wrote:

Octavian wrote:

Your MOTHER!

That was out of line.

He fucking dick and then your mother?

More
24 Feb 2009 15:41 #22125 by Ken B.
Juniper wrote:

He fucking dick and then your mother?

MY MOTHER WAS A SAINT~!

More
24 Feb 2009 15:58 #22128 by Almalik
Sylvia Saint?

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.714 seconds