October 09, 2023
2488 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2689 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× WELCOME TO TRASHDOME!

This is part of a series of bloody matches to the death. Show support for your favorite game so it will do better in the fight. You can support it by writing why you think its the better game and more importantly by betting (i.e. voting for) it. Please make it clear for when I check the bets later. You have until Friday when I tally the bets and declare the winner. I will reserve my bet for any tie-breakers.

Although you should be familiar with both games, there is no rule that says you have to have played both of them. The only rule in Trashdome is this;

Two games enter! One game leaves!

Trashdome - Titan vs Heroscape

More
06 Apr 2009 09:29 - 06 Apr 2009 09:40 #25269 by ChristopherMD

WELCOME TO TRASHDOME!

This is part of a series of bloody matches to the death. Show support for your favorite game so it will do better in the fight. You can support it by writing why you think its the better game and more importantly by betting on it. End your first post in this thread with the title of the game you're placing a bet on (i.e. voting for) so its clear to me when reading it later. You have until Friday when I tally the bets and declare the winner. The winning game may return for future matches, the loser will be dead. Counting expansions or not is entirely up to you just as playing with them or not is. I will reserve my bet for any tie-breakers.

Although you should be familiar with both games, there is no rule that says you have to have played both of them. The only rule in Trashdome is this;

Two games enter! One game leaves!
Last edit: 06 Apr 2009 09:40 by ChristopherMD. Reason: he fucking dick then bullshit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2009 10:40 #25275 by jeb
TITAN.

Best game ever, perhaps --and I mean that. It has a downtime issue with folks that haven't played enough, but other than than that--it's pure gold.

HEROSCAPE is great in concept and looks supersexy, but the game just isn't there.

More
06 Apr 2009 10:43 #25276 by Space Ghost
Titan -- although I haven't played it as much as many people here, we played two games over the weekend and both were just fantastic. One of my favorites ever.

More
06 Apr 2009 10:46 #25277 by Rliyen
TITAN.

I love Heroscape, but it has the tactical depth of a bottlecap.

More
06 Apr 2009 10:58 #25278 by JoelCFC25
Heroscape flees from a legion of Archangel, Colossus, and 5 Dragons.

Vote: TITAN

More
06 Apr 2009 11:22 #25279 by Notahandle
Replied by Notahandle on topic Heroscape
I'm going to be a contrary bastard and vote Heroscape. Multiple sets mean some amazing terrain layouts. And if you're complaining about limitations of the rules, then I remind you that you're ATers and should love house rules and customisation, of which Heroscape has almost endless possibilities.

Titan was played to death by our group so I banish it into the mists of time.

Heroscape

More
06 Apr 2009 11:28 #25281 by Matt Thrower
Replied by Matt Thrower on topic Re:Heroscape
Titan.

'nuff said.

More
06 Apr 2009 11:48 #25282 by sydo
Replied by sydo on topic Re:Heroscape
Monster slugathon ftw!

Titan

More
06 Apr 2009 12:09 #25283 by hancock.tom
Rliyen wrote:

TITAN.

I love Heroscape, but it has the tactical depth of a bottlecap.

Bingo.

Titan for sure.

More
06 Apr 2009 12:12 - 06 Apr 2009 12:13 #25284 by hancock.tom
Replied by hancock.tom on topic Re:Heroscape
Notahandle wrote:

I'm going to be a contrary bastard and vote Heroscape. Multiple sets mean some amazing terrain layouts. And if you're complaining about limitations of the rules, then I remind you that you're ATers and should love house rules and customisation, of which Heroscape has almost endless possibilities.

Titan was played to death by our group so I banish it into the mists of time.

Heroscape

I'm glad we have one contrarian (probably more to come) BUT Titan also has nearly endless house ruling possibilities, just take a look at the dozens of variants available on colossus or the many variant masterboards posted around the internet. PLUS you can't forget Cosmic Titan, where each player gets a power ala cosmic encounter. You are correct that heroscape beats Titan for variable terrain...
Last edit: 06 Apr 2009 12:13 by hancock.tom.

More
06 Apr 2009 12:15 #25285 by Count Orlok
Titan is an interesting game that I look forward to more after each play. It plays differently with each group of players and number of players, but not poorly in this case. Players are given limited control over their units, and are often forced to make difficult choices that don't necessarily benefit them. The game changes continuously as recruiting shifts from light to heavy creatures, rewarding clever moves and deployment. Aggression is rewarded by granting angels and stronger Titans.

There is no question; there is only one TITAN.

Heroscape is basically toys with a very weak game attached. I wouldn't mind a miniatures game in a similar fashion if the game wasn't so boring or obvious. Sure you can customize armies, but it's all based off of owning different sets and just matching race and colors. Wow, how amazing, orcs benefit orcs. Bleh.

More
06 Apr 2009 12:40 #25286 by kookoobah
Replied by kookoobah on topic Re:Heroscape
Heroscape.

Played Titan and never really got the hang of it. A dinosaur in today's modern AT world.

More
06 Apr 2009 12:42 #25287 by Bulwyf
Replied by Bulwyf on topic Re:Heroscape
This isn't even a contest. Titan by a longshot.

-Will

More
06 Apr 2009 13:12 #25288 by Shellhead
Replied by Shellhead on topic Re:Heroscape
I've never played Titan, and from what I've read about it, it is indeed an AT dinosaur, crude by modern AT standards and flawed in gameplay. A long game with player elimination and terrible map is facing steep barriers to getting on some tables. But it reportedly has a lot of tactical and strategic depth, and I don't mind long games at all.

I have played Heroscape once. It was like playing with Legos for 90 minutes, playing a simple and very unbalanced miniatures game for 45 minutes, and then another 20 minutes of clean-up. It's probably a terrific game for boys in grade school, but I found it to be too much trouble for the actual gameplay.

So I vote Titan.

More
06 Apr 2009 13:56 #25289 by generalpf
Own and played both, prefer Heroscape with my son and Titan with my wife (and other adults).

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.473 seconds