October 09, 2023
2485 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2687 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× WELCOME TO TRASHDOME!

This is part of a series of bloody matches to the death. Show support for your favorite game so it will do better in the fight. You can support it by writing why you think its the better game and more importantly by betting (i.e. voting for) it. Please make it clear for when I check the bets later. You have until Friday when I tally the bets and declare the winner. I will reserve my bet for any tie-breakers.

Although you should be familiar with both games, there is no rule that says you have to have played both of them. The only rule in Trashdome is this;

Two games enter! One game leaves!

Trashdome Final Scores

More
15 May 2009 17:54 #28965 by Black Barney
How do these Trashdomes work? I've avoided them cuz I've never seen one where I've played BOTH games (so I don't wanna be biased). Is it just where people vote for the better game and state reasons?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2009 18:30 #28969 by Michael Barnes
Hello Black Barney,

Participation in Trashdome is simple. You are not required to have played either of the games to participate. Simply post into the thread with your vote and feel free to talk a bunch of shit about the other game and/or voters. Anything goes. The only rule is that two games enter, one game leaves. So none of this "Oh, I like both games!" crap. You must decide.

Choosing who to vote for in Trashdome can be very stressful. I'd like to kindly suggest these guidelines:

1) If I am voting for it, you should probably vote alongside me as an F:AT brother. My sophisticated politicking and persuasive methods have helped the last two Trashdome candidates claim their rightful victories over the garbage they were pit against.
2) If Ken B. is voting for it, don't bother wasting your vote on it because it's going to lose.

I think you will come to enjoy Trashdome. Mad Dog has come up with one of the very finest features that F:AT has to offer.

Your friend,

Michael Barnes

More
15 May 2009 19:08 #28975 by Notahandle
Michael Barnes wrote:
"My sophisticated politicking..."
If you don't vote with him then he sends you a copy of Candyland.
I have 14 now.

More
15 May 2009 20:47 #28993 by Space Ghost
Michael Barnes wrote:

Three-way Trashdome between the three. I bet MAGIC takes them both down.

QFT. In preparation, MTG just entered the math trade to get the extra Chaos Orb that Jeb has up. The plan is to tear it in two, and toss one half on each Netrunner and Jyhad -- Trashdome over Monday morning at 8:05 a.m.

Time to go and sell more boosters for the 15th straight year.

More
16 May 2009 03:45 #29019 by sydo
Space Ghost wrote:

Michael Barnes wrote:

QFT. In preparation, MTG just entered the math trade to get the extra Chaos Orb that Jeb has up. The plan is to tear it in two, and toss one half on each Netrunner and Jyhad -- Trashdome over Monday morning at 8:05 a.m.

In Jyhad, there are cards that allow you to rearrange seats. How cool is that? By the time your Chaos Orb lands, it will find itself landing on Magic and Netrunner.

More
16 May 2009 11:02 #29033 by Space Ghost
sydo wrote:

Space Ghost wrote:

Michael Barnes wrote:

In Jyhad, there are cards that allow you to rearrange seats. How cool is that? By the time your Chaos Orb lands, it will find itself landing on Magic and Netrunner.

Don't make Magic have to resort to Unglued.....everyone will be sorry then.

More
16 May 2009 12:32 #29036 by mads b.
I'd love to see Risk 2210 in the Trashdome. I think it was the first of the "new" Risk variants and it's a really cool game. But games such as Dungeon Quest (or "Drageborgen" as it's called in Danish) and Mutant Chronicles: Siege of the Citadel should also get a run in the 'dome.

And maybe we could have some euro games guest starring. Settlers would be the obvious choice, but we could also pitch Agricola against a game about killing dudes - then Barnes could once again be the sole voter one the loosing side.

m

More
16 May 2009 13:54 #29039 by Michael Barnes
Depends on which DOAM it is. You put BLOOD FEUD IN NEW YORK up against AGRICOLA and there's gonna be a lot of dead plastic gangsters.

DUNGEONQUEST versus MUTANT CHRONICLES...yikes...that would be a NASTY fight.

More
01 Jun 2009 15:25 #31026 by ChristopherMD
What pure co-op games, excluding Arkham Horror, do people consider AT-friendly enough for Trashdome?

More
01 Jun 2009 15:30 #31027 by Ska_baron
Red November? Although I think there's an "escape by yourself" option in there...

More
01 Jun 2009 15:32 #31028 by Shellhead
Mad Dog wrote:

What pure co-op games, excluding Arkham Horror, do people consider AT-friendly enough for Trashdome?

Red November? I haven't played it, so I'm not sure.

If you want to see Arkham Horror in a truly apocalyptic TrashDome, put it up against Battlestar Galactica. BSG isn't a pure co-op game, but it does have that element.

More
01 Jun 2009 15:42 #31030 by NeonPeon
Shellhead wrote:

If you want to see Arkham Horror in a truly apocalyptic TrashDome, put it up against Battlestar Galactica. BSG isn't a pure co-op game, but it does have that element.

Man that would be as epic as Magic vs. Cosmic.

More
01 Jun 2009 15:46 #31032 by mads b.
Knizia's Lord of the Rings is pure ameritrash despite it's very euro-y use of icons. It's dripping with theme, captures the feel of the story quite well, and it's pure co-op.

More
01 Jun 2009 15:51 #31034 by ChristopherMD
Arkham was in the 10th Trashdome and will be back for the 20th. That's all I'm saying.

More
01 Jun 2009 16:21 #31039 by Michael Barnes
ARKHAM HORROR versus TALISMAN...the endtimes are near!

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds