October 09, 2023
2451 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2654 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× WELCOME TO TRASHDOME!

This is part of a series of bloody matches to the death. Show support for your favorite game so it will do better in the fight. You can support it by writing why you think its the better game and more importantly by betting (i.e. voting for) it. Please make it clear for when I check the bets later. You have until Friday when I tally the bets and declare the winner. I will reserve my bet for any tie-breakers.

Although you should be familiar with both games, there is no rule that says you have to have played both of them. The only rule in Trashdome is this;

Two games enter! One game leaves!

Trashdome - Arkham Horror VS Talisman

More
26 Jun 2009 11:16 #33106 by Ken B.
Aarontu wrote:

Well now that that's over, I have to say that the comments that people love both games, but AH just a tad more, made me really interested in it. I have read stuff about it before, but I really looked into it during the last day or so, and it totally looks like my kind of game. My wife really enjoys Talisman, and she really likes co-op games like Pandemic, so this seems like it may combine the best things of both into one awesome package with a rockin' theme.

Arkham really does kick giant ass. Should have gotten off my tail and played it waaay before just recently.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jun 2009 11:49 #33111 by Michael Barnes
I'm surprised that it turned out to be such a steamroller. I thought the Talismaniacs had more courage than they did.

More
26 Jun 2009 11:56 #33112 by Shellhead
One game got votes because it's a great game. The other game got votes because people had fond memories of it from back when most games weren't very good. I think that Talisman got more votes than it deserved.

More
26 Jun 2009 13:02 #33129 by Aarontu
Shellhead wrote:

One game got votes because it's a great game. The other game got votes because people had fond memories of it from back when most games weren't very good. I think that Talisman got more votes than it deserved.

There's no rule in Trashdome that people vote for the game that is the most balanced or playtested or whatever. The game doesn't even have to be the better game to get voted for. Anyone could vote for a game for any number of reasons.

That said, I voted for it because I think it's a great game; and because I haven't yet played AH (though I'd like to).

More
26 Jun 2009 19:24 #33191 by mjl1783
Get out the trumpet and play some "Taps." F:AT is dead.

More
26 Jun 2009 21:15 #33207 by metalface13
mjl1783 wrote:

Get out the trumpet and play some "Taps." Talisman is dead.

Arkham Horror is the real poster child for F:AT. I'm highly disappointed so many of you have never played it.

More
26 Jun 2009 21:26 #33208 by OldHippy
metalface13 wrote:

Arkham Horror is the real poster child for F:AT. I'm highly disappointed so many of you have never played it.

I always thought it was TI3 but after it lost to AH I'm not so sure anymore. Both are awesome games though and represent the types of ideas I like to see in Boardgaming. I'd gladly play either one (but TI3 is still better fuckers!).

More
27 Jun 2009 02:49 #33217 by metalface13
JonJacob wrote:

I always thought it was TI3 but after it lost to AH I'm not so sure anymore.

I'm not sure we're going to see AH lose. Dune or Cosmic Encounter seem like the only heavy contenders left.

More
27 Jun 2009 09:38 #33221 by mrmarcus
metalface13 wrote:

JonJacob wrote:

I always thought it was TI3 but after it lost to AH I'm not so sure anymore.

I'm not sure we're going to see AH lose. Dune or Cosmic Encounter seem like the only heavy contenders left.

I'm not sure Arkham would lose to Dune. The out-of-printiness of Dune would hinder it among those who haven't played it (like me.) Probably a better matchup might by with BSG... might.

More
27 Jun 2009 17:47 #33239 by Mr MOTO
Shellhead wrote:

Stick your fond memories theory up your buttocks. Talisman is a great game. Next thing I'll hear from you is Euro's are really better than AT and that we should sell all of our games for the next Agricola or Race for the Solitaire.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds