October 09, 2023
2485 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2687 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× WELCOME TO TRASHDOME!

This is part of a series of bloody matches to the death. Show support for your favorite game so it will do better in the fight. You can support it by writing why you think its the better game and more importantly by betting (i.e. voting for) it. Please make it clear for when I check the bets later. You have until Friday when I tally the bets and declare the winner. I will reserve my bet for any tie-breakers.

Although you should be familiar with both games, there is no rule that says you have to have played both of them. The only rule in Trashdome is this;

Two games enter! One game leaves!

Trashdome - Nexus Ops VS Neuroshima Hex

More
21 Sep 2009 11:29 #42143 by Malloc
Vote Nexus Ops

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2009 11:41 #42145 by san il defanso
Nexus Ops

I haven't played it, but I have played Neuroshima Hex. Nexus Ops looks for more interesting to me.

More
21 Sep 2009 14:12 #42166 by mrmarcus
Nexus Ops. Easy.

More
21 Sep 2009 14:40 #42172 by Schweig!
Michael Barnes wrote:

What the fuck is wrong with board gamers with this whole "lite" thing anyway? It makes me think that board gamers are these squirrely, retiring milquetoast types who whine and cry "eh, I like my games tepid and shallow, tentative seven". Jesus fucking christ, has anyone in any other medium wanted a "lite" version of a book or a record? "Oh, that movie is like 2001 Lite!" "The other day I was feeling like a simpering coward so I was listening to "Pet Sounds Lite". "I don't have the attention span for depth and scope, so I read MOBY DICK LITE instead of the real thing". God damn it, it's shit like this that makes me want to call for the destruction of thiis entire hobby.

That's probably all due to the food diet brainwashing going out of hand. It's the same stupid logic: "Oh, since it's DIET COKE, I can drink three glasses."

More
21 Sep 2009 15:07 - 21 Sep 2009 15:09 #42180 by Aarontu
What's with all the hate on "lite"?

I prefer "dislike" rather than "hate", actually. "Dislike" is a pretty good 'Hate-lite'.

Instead of watching The Dark Knight, I watched an episode of the Batman animated series. It was pretty good; I hear it's a good 'The Dark Knight-Lite'.

And what's with all the dislike-on-steroids on movies like Meet the Spartans? I hear it's '300-lite', and how can that be a bad thing?

'Lite' is perfect for me, because I'm afraid of fully immersing myself in a single piece of entertainment because of unresolved issues from my childhood.

*back to my Diet Pepsi Negative One*
Last edit: 21 Sep 2009 15:09 by Aarontu.

More
21 Sep 2009 15:08 #42181 by Rliyen
Vote: Nexus Ops

More
21 Sep 2009 15:12 #42182 by HiveGod
They clash and come to grips and roll around on the ground and suddenly N-Hex gets the cheeked bit of coat hanger right in the eye.

Nexus Ops because it can still see straight -- and for being 'dirty.'

More
21 Sep 2009 16:20 #42199 by DeletedUser
The pieces glow baby!

Looks like NH is going to get the shit kicked out of it this week.

More
21 Sep 2009 16:29 - 21 Sep 2009 16:29 #42201 by Dogmatix
Schweig! wrote:

That's probably all due to the food diet brainwashing going out of hand. It's the same stupid logic: "Oh, since it's DIET COKE, I can drink three glasses."

In terms of calories, diet coke is on par with water [at least here in the US; dunno how it's packaged overseas]. As long as you don't mind ingesting vast quantities of the chemical sweetener...

Anyway, I really dig NH and, as a bonus, am quickly bored by the symmetry of Nexus Ops [though it does get points for being the reason it's such a great 3-player game]. However, Nexus Ops' "knife fight in a phone booth" quality really can't be beat.

Last edit: 21 Sep 2009 16:29 by Dogmatix.

More
21 Sep 2009 16:45 #42209 by Michael Barnes
But what if someone is looking for a "Knife fight in a phone booth lite"?

"Lite" is yet another symptom of the Rod and Tod Flanders crowd that has overrun board gaming with their niceties, phony politeness, and simpering refusal to stand by anything or to fucking man (or woman) up and show some god damned backbone. The vast overwhelming majority of people in this blasted hobby probably got picked on for having the pegasus trapper keeper and so now they're terrified of things that GO ALL THE WAY. Maybe it's because they've never GONE ALL THE WAY. But if it's "lite", I guess that's OK as long as it's not "getting their ass kicked in the locker room lite" Maybe rubbing one out to some hideous gamer-sow's picture posted by her iditoic husband is "sex lite" to them. I don't know, all I know is that "lite" needs to go, and it can take "tuckboxes" with it.

More
21 Sep 2009 16:55 #42212 by Not Sure
I call rubberbands a tuckbox-lite.

More
21 Sep 2009 17:05 #42215 by Hatchling
I can't stand seeing my Neuroshima darling getting whooped, so...

Nexus Ops sucks and is shit! Anyone who likes it is a loser! Take your glowing plastic and stick it in your asses and moon each other to make night lights for all I care! Neuroshima Hex is a totally cool game, but you people are too busy dancing around with neon lights in your butts to notice! You're not gamers, you're expensive and loud mouthed trinkets and you should be ashamed of yourselves!

Ahh. That's better. Carry on.

More
21 Sep 2009 17:08 #42216 by Hatchling
Hatchling wrote:

I can't stand seeing my Neuroshima darling getting whooped, so...

Nexus Ops sucks and is shit! Anyone who likes it is a loser! Take your glowing plastic and stick it in your asses and moon each other to make night lights for all I care! Neuroshima Hex is a totally cool game, but you people are too busy dancing around with neon lights in your butts to notice! You're not gamers, you're expensive and loud mouthed trinkets and you should be ashamed of yourselves!

Ahh. That's better. Carry on.

+1

More
21 Sep 2009 17:09 #42217 by Ancient_of_MuMu
Any Ameritrash game I can play with my 5 year old daughter deserves a vote.

More
21 Sep 2009 17:18 #42218 by Schweig!
Dogmatix wrote:

Schweig! wrote:

In terms of calories, diet coke is on par with water [at least here in the US; dunno how it's packaged overseas]. As long as you don't mind ingesting vast quantities of the chemical sweetener...

Yeah, but why not drink water instead of this ugly tasting black piss. It doesn't make any sense to me drinking a funny tasting liquid with the nutritional value of water, especially when it takes nine liters of water to produce one liter of coke. If someone drinks the original because of all the sugar in it, that would make at least a little sense.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds