Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

TOPIC: What BOARD GAME(s) have you been playing?

What BOARD GAME(s) have you been playing? 26 May 2018 10:03 #274115

stormseeker75 wrote:
SuperflyTNT wrote:
Why has nobody reviewed Roll Player here?

Maybe I'll do one. It's been a while. Am I cool enough to contribute content?

Uncoolness has never stopped me from contributing before. My comments on Roll Player:

I will always be a sucker for a unique theme (e.g., Xenon Profiteer), but Roll Player's motif is so highly targeted to RPGers that I'm happy to give it a shrug and a pass. I've heard of High Fantasy - but High Geek? Loved my character's backstory, though.

Ignoring the theme, Roll Player is a math/logic game about dice manipulation and passing over certain scoring opportunities to pursue others. If this what role-playing looks like through the spectacles of an accountant, it's best to stay away - at least when they're carrying d20s.

Even after winning, I didn't find the experience to be an exercise that bore repeating. It wasn't bad, by any means. Just not the fantasy roller coaster ride I had in mind.

Admittedly, I fell prey to my own expectations. I was hoping for endless cube-tossing, but that only occurs once per round - and only by the first player. But none of that stopped my Eurolicious buddies from finding glee in their newfound Abacus of Square Root Desires.
  • wkover
  • NOW ONLINE
  • D6
  • Thank you received: 324
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds