× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What COMIC BOOKS have you been reading?

More
07 Jan 2019 22:42 #289397 by DarthJoJo

Shellhead wrote: I enjoyed their Fatale, which has the opposite of the Scott Pilgrim problem.

Fatale is solid, but I recently finished the fourth volume and am still waiting for something to happen. Kill or be Killed and The Fade Out are tight. They knew the stories they were telling, and they kept moving. Fatale just feels like a wheel spinning Marvel Netflix series at this point. We've seen plenty of men sacrifice themselves for Josephine and plenty of times she's just made it out. What comes next? I have every faith these guys will pull it together, but right now it feels like they could have cut a volume without losing anything.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2019 22:13 #289761 by repoman
I recently discovered that all the original Elfquest is available online for free. Totally legit as it was uploaded by the Pini's themselves.

My only real exposure to Elfquest was a few issues a girl I knew in college lent me. At the time I thought it was a bit too girlie for my liking.

Re reading it now, it is certainly much more feminine than say Conan or Fafherd and Gray Mouser, and there is a bit of new age post hippie earth mother feeling to it but I'm enjoying it. Certainly it is far removed from any mainstream comics of the early 80s.

I think the recent Netflix animated show Dragon Prince has drawn some inspiration from this comic. The elf/human hatred and elves having only 3 fingers at the very least.

More
11 Jan 2019 08:54 #289780 by Shellhead

DarthJoJo wrote:

Shellhead wrote: I enjoyed their Fatale, which has the opposite of the Scott Pilgrim problem.

Fatale is solid, but I recently finished the fourth volume and am still waiting for something to happen. Kill or be Killed and The Fade Out are tight. They knew the stories they were telling, and they kept moving. Fatale just feels like a wheel spinning Marvel Netflix series at this point. We've seen plenty of men sacrifice themselves for Josephine and plenty of times she's just made it out. What comes next? I have every faith these guys will pull it together, but right now it feels like they could have cut a volume without losing anything.

Fatale has a worthwhile ending, but I agree that it feels like the overall story was padded out to hit a certain quote of issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarthJoJo

More
11 Jan 2019 08:56 #289781 by Shellhead
I found that free archive of Elfquest several years ago, and might even have posted a link early in this thread. I read several issues, but it wasn't quite my kind of thing. The big pretty elf eyes grate on me after a while, and the stories felt a little too familiar.

Time to create page: 0.565 seconds