October 09, 2023
2460 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2661 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What TV SHOWS are you watching ARCHIVE

More
04 Sep 2012 11:14 #133762 by KingPut
The new seasoning of Dr. Who has started on BBC America. The first episode was pretty, pretty good.

Other shit I'm watching: Breaking Bad (season 2) and Supernatural (seasoning 1)

Possible stuff I'll start watching: Foyle's War (repoman, Uba and my dad's recommendation).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2012 17:55 #133774 by JMcL63

KingPut wrote: The new seasoning of Dr. Who has started on BBC America. The first episode was pretty, pretty good.

I was left feeling disappointed by the episode, for the same reasons as ever when episodes disappoint me: there was too much story in too little time. The net result was that all sorts of interesting themes were developing, then they were all resolved with a wave of the hand in a ridiculous DEM ending. I wish the show's editors were better at clamping down on this kind of thing; it just happens too often for my liking.

More
04 Sep 2012 18:37 #133776 by QPCloudy
I am un-ashamedly addicted to Greek.

More
05 Sep 2012 05:35 #133815 by SleightOfHand12
I just finished the second (and final) season of Pushing Daisies, which is probably to twee for most F:Atties, but also way better than pretty much anything on air right now, except for maybe Frozen Planet, and that's not even on air right now, so there you have it.

Any self-respecting contributor to this discussion ought to stop masturbating to Amy Poehler and her horrible Office spin-off and download Gurren Lagann IMMEDIATELY.

More
05 Sep 2012 06:28 #133817 by bomber
I'm early into season 3 of Dexter and wondering how the hell they will keep this going into Season 7.

More
05 Sep 2012 06:57 #133820 by SaMoKo
Continuing along with Breaking Bad. Good show overall with some solid acting, much better than the usual shit on the tube. Sort of reminds me of Weeds before that show got stupid.

Waiting for more Boardwalk Empire. The show can be a bit slow, and for whatever reason I don't feel as attached to the characters as I did in The Sopranos. But the acting is top-notch, and you can tell a ton of work went into recreating the time period. I'm not from the Prohibition Era, and wouldn't have survived a day of it without trying to lick up antifreeze in desperation, so I can't be sure of that I guess, but it 'feels' right.

More
05 Sep 2012 13:08 #133827 by ThirstyMan

SaMoKo wrote: Continuing along with Breaking Bad. I'm not from the Prohibition Era, and wouldn't have survived a day of it without trying to lick up antifreeze in desperation, so I can't be sure of that I guess, but it 'feels' right.

I AM from the Prohibition Era which exists right here and now, but I've never licked up antifreeze. Computer cleaner, now that's a different matter.

More
05 Sep 2012 15:15 #133835 by Disgustipater

ldsdbomber wrote: I'm early into season 3 of Dexter and wondering how the hell they will keep this going into Season 7.

After each season I kept asking the same thing, and I was repeatedly surprised at where they took the show. I do hope it ends with this upcoming season though.

More
10 Apr 2013 12:58 #150055 by san il defanso
This thread doesn't get used too much, does it? Too bad, as I watch a lot more TV shows than movies these days.

Mad Men started back up in the US. I won't say much about the first episode, but I did notice that there's a very funereal feeling through the whole thing. An atmosphere of missed opportunities and regrets. Not sure if that'll be a trend for the whole season. I'm thinking of writing it up on a weekly basis, if anyone would be interested in reading that.

Doctor Who - I really like Matt Smith, but I thought the episodes last fall were mostly just alright. It ended well though, and I feel like they've continued that momentum into the new stuff. I haven't seen last week's episode yet, but I REALLY liked The Bells of St. John from two weeks ago, and I love Clara as a new companion.

The West Wing - About halfway through season two. At it's best, this show humanizes those in power, which is a cool trick. It makes it difficult to demonize and allows you to simply acknowledge where you disagree politically and move on. The nitty-gritty isn't really the point in the first place, it's more about the emotions and the characters. A very good show, though I'm finding that it's a little samey right now for me.

Advanture Time - I kind of love this show. It's a little bit like one of those dreams that you tell someone about, and then you realize how weird it is.

More
10 Apr 2013 14:44 #150064 by Black Barney
man do I ever miss West Wing. i really enjoyed that show.

Now that Walking Dead is over, all I watch is Daily Show and wishing that I could get Game of Thrones up here.

More
10 Apr 2013 16:10 - 10 Apr 2013 16:11 #150075 by mikecl

Black Barney wrote: man do I ever miss West Wing. i really enjoyed that show.

Now that Walking Dead is over, all I watch is Daily Show and wishing that I could get Game of Thrones up here.

Can you get Vikings Barney? I get it out here in Vancouver. It's a new show this year on the History Channel and it friggin rocks. It's by the same crew that gave us the Tudors. It's a great show with one of the best openings I've ever seen on TV.

Opening

Trailer

Last edit: 10 Apr 2013 16:11 by mikecl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
10 Apr 2013 16:15 #150077 by Black Barney
The only stuff I watch on History channel begins and ends with Ann Medina.

Yeah, I get Vikings I think. I channel flipped to it once in the last week and stayed on it for a while. The production looked really slick. But I didn't feel up to seeing any rapage on TV so I flipped on past it (I assume that there was raping coming up), but maybe these Vikings are more on the lines of Obelix...

More
10 Apr 2013 16:21 #150078 by mikecl

Black Barney wrote: (I assume that there was raping coming up), but maybe these Vikings are more on the lines of Obelix...

Bad assumption. The one Viking that tries to rape a Saxon is eviscerated by a Viking shield maiden. Viking women often fought alongside their men. There IS a lot of pillaging however :-P. It's a decent show.

More
10 Apr 2013 17:18 #150080 by Msample
Vikings is pretty well done considering that its probably pretty low budget. Its performed well enough that they just renewed it for a second season.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikecl

More
11 Apr 2013 18:50 #150148 by hotseatgames
I'm partway through the first episode of Vikings. No verdict yet.

Also watched the first 2 eps of Downton Abbey. I like it, although the over-arching plot is still rather fuzzy.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds