- Posts: 1261
- Thank you received: 1142
Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!
Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.
What POSITIVE THINGS are you doing in your life?
dysjunct wrote: Re-reading my posts in this thread is a testament to good intentions, largely unfulfilled.
I still lift weights but I don’t have a consistent meditation or flossing practice.
I started tracking my drinking. Not changing anything, just tracking, but holy shit. For an American I’m probably a heavy drinker, so I am considering moving to England, where I will be average or less.
I quit my shitty job last November. I am ostensibly an independent contractor doing small business consultation through a branch of the Small Business Administration. My mental health is a lot better but I’ll have to get a job eventually.
I am homeschooling my spawn (5yo) in our new pandemic reality. I am really enjoying it. We go on socially-distanced walks with the dog and she asks me pressing questions. Where did people live before houses? Where did people buy things before stores?
I also clean my house a lot. This is mentally relaxing to me.
Edit: I started playing ukulele. It is easy and fun. The chord progression for “Let It Go,” “Let It Be,” “Don’t Stop Believing,” and “Africa” are identical, so I troll my 5yo by doing impromptu mashups.
1. I have hit new PRs on my deadlift, squat, and overhead press. Fuck yeah. Like Henry Rollins said, friends come and friends go, but 200 pounds is 200 pounds.
2. I deleted my meditation reminder because it depressed me. I haven't meditated in months.
3. I stopped tracking my drinking because it depressed me. I haven't not drank in months.
4. Maybe I don't have to get a job, which un-depresses me. The markets have not tanked as much as I thought they would.
5. Homeschooling is a bit of a shit-show, everyone is tired of it.
6. I stopped cleaning regularly. Between homeschooling and mental health/self-care, I struggle to find time.
7. I am still playing ukulele. I switched to baritone, because it is tuned the same as the top four strings on a standard guitar (DGBE). But, the chords are only 66% as difficult to learn! I seem to have gravitated to songs about murder, drinking, and the sea. With occasional covers of Frozen songs for the spawn.
8. I am now decent at some basic card tricks. I could have spent pandemic-time to learn a language, get a certification in something, BUT NO. Marlo Tilt, Double Lift, Slip Cut, Elmsley Count, this is my new nerd vocabulary. Is it better than a nerd vocabulary of Worker Placement, Deck Builder, Tableau Builder? No, just different.
I’m determined this time to reach a level of at least sounding like an inarticulate idiot in another language, which will be a step up from just ordering coffee and getting it right fifty percent of the time.