October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What KICKSTARTER(S) do you REGRET not going in for?

More
29 Aug 2018 00:50 #280587 by SuperflyPete
Every CMON one after the first three Zombicides, basically. I sold my Massive Darkness for 50$ more than I paid and I refused other, significantly higher offers after the deal was made.

I’d have an old Gibson SG by now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2018 09:04 #280595 by Legomancer
The only one I can think of is Xia. I hemmed and hawed on that twice, and finally just went in on the latest one so that I wouldn't have to agonize over it the next time it comes up. Anything else, I either eventually got retail or didn't worry about.

More
29 Aug 2018 09:09 #280597 by Black Barney
None for me, I must be in a good place

More
29 Aug 2018 09:11 #280598 by charlest
Camp Grizzly, because I fear those expansions will sell out instantly.

The Edge: Dawnfall (no retail, too expensive second hand)

Darklight: Memento Mori (way too expensive now)

Kingdom Death: Monster (ended up buying second hand, expensive)

More
29 Aug 2018 11:14 #280617 by Ken B.
Lords of Hellas: Huh...what? You're asking yourself, as I mentioned in the other thread waiting on Wave 2. Well...I liked the game so much I bought a retail copy. Then realized that I very much wanted the sundropped copy with Kickstarter bonuses and several of the expansion items. So...I bought another guy's second pledge at a bit of a premium. He shipped me the first half already and we're just waiting on Wave 2 to ship early next year. Why the regret? Well, I wouldn't have had to pay the premium, and I wouldn't own two copies of the base game right now. (I seriously need to look into selling my retail copy w/terrain but I'm really lazy about selling stuff online.)

Nemesis: Was going to late back this, hemmed and hawed about it and simply flat out missed the Late Pledge deadline. One afternoon I could fiddle around with a potential pledge/purchase, the next day, no can do. Bummer.

More
29 Aug 2018 12:10 #280622 by Jexik
I came real close to going in on Gloomhaven fo $80 at the start.

More
29 Aug 2018 12:10 #280623 by Gregarius
Just Camp Grizzly for me.

I might say Root or Grimm Forest because those are good games that I like, but I'm much happier having them in a friend's collection rather than mine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
31 Aug 2018 07:49 #280813 by drewcula
I've Kickstarted a lot. I mean, A LOT.
Few regrets here and there, mostly for my hubris. I foolishly think I have enough time in my life to paint and play several large miniature game systems.
So I've slowed down a bit and my wallet and wife are at peace.

Still.

I regret not backing Blood Rage. I had just come off of Zombicide 1 and 2 and Kaosball. I needed a CMON break. Whoops! The store copy is perfectly fine, but hey - I like my bling. The upgraded counters and those silly monsters would have been cool (pun intended).

I kind of regret not backing Kingdom Death. However, I did not back it so I could justify my big purchase of Cthulhu Wars instead. From memory, both systems were super expensive (for me) and I could only justify one. I'm a horror hound, but ultimately - I don't dig co-ops all that much anymore. CW would see more table time. And it has.

I regret not backing Camp Grizzly.

I think that's it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
31 Aug 2018 09:05 - 31 Aug 2018 09:05 #280815 by Michael Barnes
I don’t regret any of them because all of them that are worth having have been made available later and the best have very few or no backer only exclusives. And I don’t really regard paying $30 or so more after the game is actually published and proven to be worth the risk to buy in advance. As for waiting, I’ve found that having to wait for KS games has helped me weed out the ones I’m really interested in and those I’m not. I felt like for a while that I had missed out on KDM and felt regret, but then I came to realize that I didn’t want to support that idiotic “boutique” business model and I wasn’t really down with the more skeevy content...and I have plenty of other games just as good or better, and plenty of models just as good or better. Had I rushed into a $300 purchase to avoid FOMO, I might have regretted it.

Even though I liked Black Plague, I don’t think any CMON KS game is ultimately worth owning. They are the epitome of the junk food, ultra-consumerist mentality that pervades KS. Blood Rage was good, but after a dozen plays I never wanted to see it again. I can’t imagine buying and storing all of that stuff for a game that isn’t something worth playing year after year.
Last edit: 31 Aug 2018 09:05 by Michael Barnes.

More
31 Aug 2018 09:12 #280816 by Shellhead
I didn't back Camp Grizzly. I bought it directly from their website in the fall of 2015, sometime after the Kickstarter was over.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds