October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2509 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

Games Workshop--what are you buying, selling, playing, or painting?

More
14 Apr 2019 18:16 #295487 by Pug
It's been a while since I have posted anything, but I started painting my Blackstone Fortress set finally. Painted up the Ur-Ghul's and Spindle Drones so far. Keeping things simple so I can paint the game up relatively quick while still looking kind of pretty.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Brewmiester, charlest, blatz, GorillaGrody

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Apr 2019 14:59 #295532 by Matt Thrower
Saw that Adeptus Titanicus grand master edition was getting a reprint. So I pre-orderer one and some Warhounds.

Damn you, Barnes.

Totally staying in shrink wrap for the time being.

More
15 Apr 2019 16:05 #295534 by hotseatgames
I don't use this expression... but LOL

More
15 Apr 2019 16:25 #295535 by Michael Barnes
Just the Warhounds? Oh, you are really going to want at least a pair of Reavers to go with that...

More
15 Apr 2019 16:41 - 15 Apr 2019 16:53 #295537 by Matt Thrower

Michael Barnes wrote: Just the Warhounds? Oh, you are really going to want at least a pair of Reavers to go with that...

You are a bad man and you should feel bad.

I don't even like the Reaver models very much. They're really ugly. Whereas the stylised dog heads on those Warhounds are neat.

One of the things the appealed to me about the game was the sense of scale. If I buy anything else for it, it'll be scenery. There some really cool 3d printed buildings you can get for it.
Last edit: 15 Apr 2019 16:53 by Matt Thrower.

More
15 Apr 2019 16:48 #295539 by Brewmiester
and if you are going with the GW terrain they are releasing spires for the original buildings.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matt Thrower

More
16 Apr 2019 18:29 #295592 by Michael Barnes
I -love- the Reavers, they are my favorite Titan. They actually have a few different heads, I think the Power Fist kit only had one though. In play, they are kind of the workhorse - more versatile and maneuverable than a Warlord, more durable than a Warhound. They have more options in terms of role- you can make them a pretty brutal close combat loadout if you put on the carapace laser, the chainfist, and a melta or Gatling. I find that they win more games than Warlords, especially objective based scenarios.

You might also consider more Questoris Knights- having a second banner really opens up some strategic options and the new book is focused on Knights. Cerastus Knights are another good add- but there are no control terminals for them. The lances are really bad ass. They sort of slot in between a Warhound and a Knight Banner.

The spires look awesome. I have around 2.5 sets of the Grand Master set’s Terrain. It’s really good, but sort of shitty to build. Prepare for gaps. And there isn’t much guidance in terms of variety so you are kind of on your own. I am only using Civitas Imperials with AT- I do not want to start another terrain collection at this scale.

More
16 Apr 2019 18:32 #295593 by Michael Barnes
Oh...and the Grand Master Edition is coming back for a limited time, preorders Saturday. It is BY FAR the best way to get into the game, and it is very much a complete experience with just what is in the box. Limited, but complete.

More
30 Apr 2019 12:29 #296296 by GorillaGrody
Just finished a few Nightvault warbands. Have Godsworn Hunt to do yet.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: allismom3, themothman421, Brewmiester, hotseatgames, Sevej, birdman37, charlest, Hadik

More
30 Apr 2019 13:13 #296307 by hotseatgames
I love how punchy your colors are!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, GorillaGrody

More
06 May 2019 10:43 #296589 by GorillaGrody
My ongoing Slaaneshi army. I’m soldiering on even as I drift away from wanting to play the game.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Brewmiester, engineer Al, Sevej, birdman37

More
14 May 2019 23:50 #297054 by GorillaGrody
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Brewmiester, hotseatgames, engineer Al, blatz, Hadik

More
19 May 2019 11:05 #297282 by GorillaGrody
Just dropped out of an ongoing Sigmar Path to Glory campaign. The fundamental loop of the gameplay, which was merely puzzling before, has become existentially bad, to my mind.

This thought comes after a two-hour game (my simple-playing Stormcast vs the impossibly finicky Tzeentch) in which I dropped my team, failed all of my charge rolls, lost a quarter of them on my opponent’s turn, failed to keep initiative, and then lost the game on my opponent’s second turn. Effectively, I just answered questions for two hours and removed figures when prompted. It was...demeaning.

The campaign is run a bit cultishly, with people earning points for playing extra games and for painting bits of the store’s terrain for “hobby points,” whatever that is, such that the winner of the campaign will be the one who performs the most unpaid labor.

I’ve been trying to explain things like Dragon Rampant or even Gaslands to the group, and it’s as if I were asking them to try on assless Furry costumes and wrestle. “Uh, the store’s thinking of having a ‘children’s day,’ is that what you mean?” How to explain to people that the mountain they think they’re climbing is actually a pit?

Anyway, my wife and I have been doing assless Furry wrestling at home, ie, combining Microscope RPG with Dragon Rampant, using games of Dragon Rampant to play out the Microscope “scenes”, and it’s been just about the best gaming either of us have ever done. We just wish we had our old friends here to try it.

I’ll write up some reports elsewhere.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Shellhead, Gary Sax, Brewmiester, Jexik, Da Bid Dabid, hotseatgames, Sevej, Hadik

More
19 May 2019 15:46 #297287 by Gary Sax
Woof, GW culture. I hear Raf on ding and dent talk about good store culture where he is so I guess it isn't impossible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GorillaGrody

More
19 May 2019 16:43 #297289 by Da Bid Dabid
The GW scene where I am is amazing. I've basically also moved on to assless furry wrestling, but not at any cost to the folks playing the Warhammers... I even slowly continue to build up my 20 year old IG force.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Hadik, GorillaGrody

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.586 seconds