October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What KICKSTARTER(S) are you BACKING and WHY?

More
04 Feb 2022 14:17 #330438 by Shellhead

Msample wrote:

dysjunct wrote: 6200 people pledged at the $615 level, which doesn't include shipping. JFC.

Remember when people thought $100 FFG coffin boxes were expensive?

I still have the vapours.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2022 14:21 #330439 by sornars

Msample wrote:

Shellhead wrote: I'm still waiting for a kickstarter game about Dutch tulips.

It already exists, its called NFTs.

There's a Modern Art retheme on TTS featuring NFTs and it seems like a pretty good thematic fit.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetai...07095107&searchtext=

More
04 Feb 2022 14:35 #330440 by Virabhadra
Shipping's going to be a punch in the nuts for that much plastic. Folks are complaining to the point of dropping their pledges over the sudden $60-80 shipping ($150 if you decide to go uber all-in) on the Monsterpocalypse 2.0 backerkit page, and they're only getting an 85% refund if they pull out now.

(I had already set aside a chunk of change in case something like this happened; you buy the ticket, you take the ride. I'm not thrilled about it either, but I sleep soundly knowing that it's already one of my favorite games and not some untested Kickstarter.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: sornars, Ah_Pook

More
04 Feb 2022 14:43 #330441 by Shellhead
Eventually, Kickstarter may offer three-year financing for the bigger games.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, drewcula

More
04 Feb 2022 14:46 #330442 by Ah_Pook
There's a Deep Rock Galactic coop boardgame coming to Kickstarter sometime soon. I am sceptical about it bringing anything new/interesting to the extremely crowded field of minis based dungeon crawlers, but the video game is great so I'm at least interested enough to look into it whenever it shows up.

More
04 Feb 2022 15:08 #330443 by hotseatgames
homm3boardgame.com/

Heroes of Might & Magic III is getting a board game KS this November. This is my all-time favorite strategy game for PC. It is the most popular entry in the HoMM series by a long shot, and they have always chased its brilliance but never quite got there again.

I had always considered Mage Knight to be the closest thing to HoMM I had ever seen in cardboard. But this sounds intriguing. It features a side board for tactical battles, just like the video game, and reminiscent of Titan. Each player only fields a single hero, which I suppose makes sense. I hope they don't bog it down with a bunch of campaign nonsense. I want to play a single game, going from zero to hero within that one game. We will see, it's a long time before November. It would also be nice for them to ditch the KS platform itself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sornars

More
04 Feb 2022 15:16 #330444 by charlest

Shellhead wrote: Eventually, Kickstarter may offer three-year financing for the bigger games.

This has been done, think it was Chronicles of Drunagor or another dungeon crawler.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, n815e

More
04 Feb 2022 15:20 #330446 by Sagrilarus
CMoN just issued a statement saying they can now pay their creditors and some of the back pay they owe their employees.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
04 Feb 2022 15:36 #330447 by Michael Barnes
Absolute fucking trash. And not just because they ripped off a friend, they are also just a garbage company. Yet here go the fucking spendthrift board game collectors giggling and hooting over Marvel Zombicide. For fucks sake. This hobby, I swear to god.

Mark, there actually was a HOMM card game years ago. Weirdly, my store was kind of the testing ground for it. I think we were one of only a few retailers that stocked it. It was officially licensed and everything. I had a bunch of it that the designers gave me to play in the store. It was a mess…a CCG with a board. But it did all the HOMM stuff alright. It was around the time HOMM 4 (or was it 5) was coming out so it had art from it.

I was thinking an update of Modern Art using “stolen” NFTs would be a great idea. Instead of the artists you have Bored Apes and whatever other “mintings”. Money is all worthless crypto. There is a huge opportunity for satire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames, n815e

More
04 Feb 2022 16:02 #330449 by Msample

Sagrilarus wrote: CMoN just issued a statement saying they can now pay their creditors and some of the back pay they owe their employees.

I once worked for a company for a company that filed Chapter 11 TWICE only one year apart and never had back pay outstanding. In today’s economy where jobs are plentiful that’s some fucked up shit right there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: n815e

More
05 Feb 2022 11:09 #330467 by hotseatgames
Nemesis Lockdown received. Everything looks great, so far. Excited to dig into it. I wish they would quit making square rulebooks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Msample

More
05 Feb 2022 11:21 #330468 by Msample

hotseatgames wrote: Nemesis Lockdown received. Everything looks great, so far. Excited to dig into it. I wish they would quit making square rulebooks.

The rules I can handle; the gigantic player aid sheets I fear will get beat up over time. I wish they were paper sized so I could put them in page protectors.

The reminder cards for encounters, bag draws for each species etc are a nice touch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

More
05 Feb 2022 11:34 #330470 by hotseatgames
I like that there are health wheels for tracking intruder injuries. That was a pain before. I also like that I now have a set of plastic doors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample

More
05 Feb 2022 18:28 #330477 by southernman

hotseatgames wrote: I like that there are health wheels for tracking intruder injuries. That was a pain before. I also like that I now have a set of plastic doors.

Yeah, those wheels and the doors are great - but no where near enough for me to get it as well as the original. And WHY does any company do square rulebooks, absolute pain for reading and printing off of the electronic version.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample, Gregarius

More
06 Feb 2022 15:06 - 06 Feb 2022 15:07 #330500 by southernman
And while we're talking Nemesis this must be the ultimate terrain bling-out got it ....

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=263396385922752
Last edit: 06 Feb 2022 15:07 by southernman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample, sornars

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.476 seconds