October 09, 2023
2457 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2660 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What KICKSTARTER(S) are you BACKING and WHY?

More
20 Jun 2022 18:33 #333824 by Sagrilarus
Firewood prices are going up too. I’ve got mine, but everything adjusts when the cost of one goes up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Msample, n815e

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jun 2022 20:06 #333825 by Msample
With heating oil and gas prices doubling, its not surprising that people are turning more to firewood for heating thus driving demand . Plus the gasoline needed to cut and transport it is more expensive as well.

More
21 Jun 2022 16:54 #333835 by charlest
Cyberpunk 2077 launched a little over an hour ago with a goal of $100,000. It should hit that goal in the next 10 minutes or so. This is the slowest funding of any CMON project in years.

This is stumbling due to a wild $60 estimated shipping cost for US backers (more for other countries), and the recent botched estimate for Marvel Zombies where shipping estimates were off by 50-100%.

I'm mildly interested in this as it appears to be based on Lang's underrated Godfather game, but I would never back this. $170 total is outrageous when it likely won't tear through stretch goals. This could be the beginning of a massive shift at CMON. I'd hesitate to say the beginning of the end as they bring in more revenue through retail than Kickstarter, but something will have to change after this. Their model doesn't work without a ton of stretch goals adding value.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Msample, Frohike, sornars, fightcitymayor, n815e, Kmann

More
21 Jun 2022 16:59 #333836 by Shellhead
Looks more like Cyberpunk 2077: Blood Feud in New York.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, Msample, n815e

More
21 Jun 2022 17:04 #333837 by hotseatgames
That game looks cool, but I had thought the Godfather game seemed boring. It clearly has some significant changes, but for that price.... if anything I'll wait for retail.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fightcitymayor

More
21 Jun 2022 17:13 #333838 by Msample

charlest wrote: Cyberpunk 2077 launched a little over an hour ago with a goal of $100,000. It should hit that goal in the next 10 minutes or so. This is the slowest funding of any CMON project in years.

This is stumbling due to a wild $60 estimated shipping cost for US backers (more for other countries), and the recent botched estimate for Marvel Zombies where shipping estimates were off by 50-100%.

I'm mildly interested in this as it appears to be based on Lang's underrated Godfather game, but I would never back this. $170 total is outrageous when it likely won't tear through stretch goals. This could be the beginning of a massive shift at CMON. I'd hesitate to say the beginning of the end as they bring in more revenue through retail than Kickstarter, but something will have to change after this. Their model doesn't work without a ton of stretch goals adding value.

CMON may make more revenue thru retail, but without that sweet interest up front free money from KS the product likely won’t make it to retail .
The following user(s) said Thank You: charlest

More
21 Jun 2022 18:14 #333839 by Frohike
It might also be related to the fact that it's an adaptation of the now infamous CD Projekt Red game. I mean, what next, a Fallout 76 board game?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ah_Pook

More
22 Jun 2022 08:17 #333845 by fightcitymayor

hotseatgames wrote: That game looks cool, but I had thought the Godfather game seemed boring.

More
23 Jun 2022 11:18 #333866 by Virabhadra
One week left for The Believer 's KS. I bought my first issue in 2006 - there's a standout article in there about the Codex Seraphinianus that I still share with folks - and it's been a link to unique ideas and cultural ephemera outside of my usual nerd oeuvre for the better part of my adult life.

Ah, well: The Codex . A stunning feat of imagination that reminds me of something like Gygax's early bestiaries, Warangel or even Cave Evil. Worth a look.

More
13 Jul 2022 20:42 #334214 by BillyBobThwarton
Rolled the dice on a Mayday Crokinole kickstarter and seem to have come up short. There is a play altering surface crack near the middle of the board that goes from one side to the other.

While I was somewhat aware of the potential for disappointment, I was hopeful that it would be fine. I suppose I presumed that the company would have baked into the pricing the ability to replace any defective boards. I've had 2 emails back from them with instructions on using a planer, fine grit sandpaper, wood filler, and some other stuff. Writing that actually makes me chuckle. I have never done anything remotely similar.

I suppose I should be lucky to have this be the thing currently bothering me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, sornars, n815e

More
13 Jul 2022 21:43 #334217 by Gary Sax
After the box cutter inclusion Charlest showed that picture of... what a shit show.

More
13 Jul 2022 21:53 - 13 Jul 2022 21:56 #334218 by Sagrilarus

BillyBobThwarton wrote: Rolled the dice on a Mayday Crokinole kickstarter and seem to have come up short. There is a play altering surface crack near the middle of the board that goes from one side to the other.

While I was somewhat aware of the potential for disappointment, I was hopeful that it would be fine. I suppose I presumed that the company would have baked into the pricing the ability to replace any defective boards. I've had 2 emails back from them with instructions on using a planer, fine grit sandpaper, wood filler, and some other stuff. Writing that actually makes me chuckle. I have never done anything remotely similar.

I suppose I should be lucky to have this be the thing currently bothering me.

Be sure to sand with the grain.

And to make a video of it and the instructions from Mayday and put it on youtube.
Last edit: 13 Jul 2022 21:56 by Sagrilarus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stormseeker75

More
13 Jul 2022 22:40 #334220 by Msample
Defective quality from Mayday. I am shocked.....

That being said, I don't see as much bitching about them as I used to on BGG; either they've gotten better, or everyone assumes they're a known quantity and don't even bother posting.

Either way, sending you instructions on how to fix it is total bullshit . I don't care how cheap it was, you KS a finished product, not a "chance" at getting a non defective product. Especially one with a flaw that goes across the board.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, jpat, sornars, n815e

More
13 Jul 2022 23:46 #334221 by dysjunct
If it’s so easy to fix it, then they should be happy for you to send it back so they can fix it themselves.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jpat

More
14 Jul 2022 00:19 - 14 Jul 2022 00:20 #334222 by charlest

Gary Sax wrote: After the box cutter inclusion Charlest showed that picture of... what a shit show.

This was wild, but my board ended up mostly fine. Sorry you were less fortunate BillyBob.
Last edit: 14 Jul 2022 00:20 by charlest.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.855 seconds