October 09, 2023
2498 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2701 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What KICKSTARTER(S) are you BACKING and WHY?

More
16 Feb 2023 20:13 #338356 by Jackwraith
Yikes. Had to have been a pretty combative situation for a distributor to not be willing to take partial payment and get something for at least part of the stuff taking up space in their warehouses. Sounds like a dire lack of trust in HGG, which had to have been triggered by something. (Obviously, I don't know the story behind it.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, ChristopherMD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Feb 2023 08:14 #338360 by charlest
The rumor is that HGG owed the shipper $180k still (from multiple projects, not just Rallyman Dirt).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, ChristopherMD, Jackwraith, mezike

More
17 Feb 2023 10:49 #338362 by fightcitymayor

charlest wrote: The rumor is that HGG owed the shipper $180k still (from multiple projects, not just Rallyman Dirt).

This is basically what happened with Blacklist Games and their Fantasy Series 1 minis. BLG got soaked for shipping & production fees during COVID times (and the BLG owner is an inveterate liar, but that's another issue), which left them unable to pay QML (Quartermaster Logistics, the folks warehousing their games) so BLG cut a deal with QML where QML took legal ownership of the product, used BackerKit to send out a message that basically said, "OK dudes, if you want your game pay us a new shipping fee, give us your address, and we will send it to you." Some folks balked at having to pay twice for shipping, so some just abandoned their pledge, but many folks paid, and QML shipped out the product, and at least people got closure. The remaining unclaimed stock will likely be sold at CoolStuffInc (both QML and CSI are owned by the same person, FYI) at some price point to be determined.

Sad that couldn't have happened here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
17 Feb 2023 10:53 #338363 by Gary Sax
Sounds like it could still happen from the post but unclear.

More
17 Feb 2023 10:55 - 17 Feb 2023 10:56 #338364 by charlest
That's a little different in that Blacklist is still intact as a company (although Alex Lim appears to be sitting on Contra/Mega Man preorders).

HGG have legally declared bankruptcy in France. I think the Rallyman Dirt (and Encyclopedia and Copan and whatever other games are being warehoused), will need to go to an owed creditor or sold off. I'm not sure the shipper owns them or has the right to do that, a bank may own those games now or in the near future.

I bet they're sold off to someone like Miniature Marker or another distributor for very cheap and end up in retail.

However, it does seem odd that HGG couldn't work out a deal with the shipper before they declared bankruptcy.

HGG's problem seems to be that either the pandemic or their mismanagement put them in the hole, and then they needed to start crowdfunding new games to pay for the old ones. As soon as a hurdle was hit the whole thing fell apart.
Last edit: 17 Feb 2023 10:56 by charlest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
17 Feb 2023 11:01 #338365 by fightcitymayor

charlest wrote: THowever, it does seem odd that HGG couldn't work out a deal with the shipper before they declared bankruptcy.

Yeah, I am no expert in European bankruptcy laws, but they did seem to rush into it.

BLG owed QML over $300k, and that deal took months to put together, but they got it done.

p.s.
If "Alex Lim" is indeed his real name, or is it "Christopher Tsang?" At any rate, what a tangled web of deceit he has weaved!
The following user(s) said Thank You: charlest, BillyBobThwarton

More
17 Feb 2023 14:40 #338366 by BillyBobThwarton
Street Masters is such a good game and it saddens me to think my expansion content order is just collecting dust somewhere.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Frohike

More
17 Feb 2023 15:31 #338367 by rocketkiwi
I did see Contra and Mega Man at Books-a-Million yesterday, so traditional distribution seems to have a bit more luck with the way these companies operate.

More
17 Feb 2023 16:04 #338368 by Virabhadra

BillyBobThwarton wrote: Street Masters is such a good game and it saddens me to think my expansion content order is just collecting dust somewhere.

Apart from dropping $600 to re-buy the first round of stuff in a big lot, I don't know if I'll ever get my hands on the Aftershock content. I've used several villains from the Redemption Pack on the app and I want them badly. Jackal is SO fun with her mind control.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
17 Feb 2023 17:04 #338370 by hotseatgames
I literally sold off my Street Masters Aftershock box yesterday. I like the game but it was collecting dust.

More
17 Feb 2023 17:32 #338371 by Virabhadra
C'est la vie. I don't really have the capital right now anyway, since I need to order Warcry: Bloodhunt and I threw down for All the New Stuff in the most recent Dungeon Degenerates Kickstarter. Hell yes I paid for that empty box.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, Frohike

More
17 Feb 2023 23:12 #338377 by Frohike
Same here. Stoked to keep finding new stuff when I return to the KS page. Now we're getting 8 new adventurers. In for that, the box, the new mission books, new encounters, and the errata pack because why not.

Then I think I need to cool it for awhile before the fateful closing of the Aeon Trespass pledge manager for the new cycles. That's going to be... pricey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD, Virabhadra

More
20 Feb 2023 15:41 #338395 by ChristopherMD
I'm just glad I'm not the only one here buying an empty box.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jay718, Frohike, Virabhadra

More
21 Feb 2023 01:33 #338400 by Frohike
I just set up the game tonight and had forgotten that I had components stored all over the place. Some external card boxes, the Mean Streets box, some GMT trays sitting on the shelf... Yeah it's time for another box. If it has more DD art on it, all the better.

More
21 Feb 2023 07:15 #338407 by Ah_Pook
I've got everything for the game so far aside from the minis and it fits nicely into the base game box + the books and die wurst magazines in the mean streets box

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.315 seconds