October 09, 2023
2493 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2696 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What KICKSTARTER(S) are you BACKING and WHY?

More
02 Jan 2019 09:56 - 02 Jan 2019 10:57 #289047 by GorillaGrody
For me, it's just the name.

"'Two GIrls, One Grail' is a fun, cooperative game about the epic contest between Guinevere and Morgan Le Fay as they fight over who gets to sip first from the dark and overflowing grail."

Plus everything JoJo said.
Last edit: 02 Jan 2019 10:57 by GorillaGrody.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jur, Jackwraith, cdennett, DarthJoJo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jan 2019 15:13 #289092 by southernman

GorillaGrody wrote: For me, it's just the name.

"'Two GIrls, One Grail' is a fun, cooperative game about the epic contest between Guinevere and Morgan Le Fay as they fight over who gets to sip first from the dark and overflowing grail."

Plus everything JoJo said.

Crikey - upset over a bloody name, this gets even more astounding. It's a fucking boardgame but you seem to have taken moral ownership of a theme and a word and want to get the torches & pitchforks out .... it's like being back at BGG :pinch: .

More
02 Jan 2019 16:09 #289097 by DarthJoJo
Not quite like Board Game Geek. It’s pulling a rating of 7.32 from 171 voters there. Not bad for a game due out next year.

More
02 Jan 2019 16:32 #289102 by southernman

DarthJoJo wrote: Not quite like Board Game Geek. It’s pulling a rating of 7.32 from 171 voters there. Not bad for a game due out next year.

Your point is ?? Oh - BGG like it before it is out so it must be shit, fucking grow up, the whole idea of this site is to make your own mind up about games instead of reacting to others or being reacted on.

If you've read the rules and studied the game mechanics/engine and resolved the theme and decide it's not for you or even that it will be crap then that is fair, but trying to talk it down because they're tainting a beloved mythic tale and BGG cheer squads are going ape for it is just asking for a counter-reply here.

More
02 Jan 2019 16:54 - 02 Jan 2019 16:55 #289106 by DarthJoJo
You’re right. No one on this site has ever clowned on a game before its release or created an entire thread saying they were done with an entire setting for games.

Would you feel better if I told you the two Kickstarters I’ve backed and am waiting on, so you can goof on them? It’d be real easy to taunt at least one of my picks.
Last edit: 02 Jan 2019 16:55 by DarthJoJo.

More
02 Jan 2019 18:43 #289118 by jeb
Anyone here backed anything that wasn't a game? I've backed a cool butter knife, that I love. It works on cold butter by peeling off these strands. It's amazing.

I backed a pen made of magnets, mostly because I wanted a stack of Nd-magnets.

I backed a few books. THE NIB collection, Matt Lubchansky's book, a book about early Mac gaming, a book about weight hacking (nerdy dieting).
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernman, Gregarius

More
02 Jan 2019 23:34 #289144 by ubarose
I've backed some performing artists. Mostly to help them get to Finge Fest. I didn't get anything for it. One sent me a code for a free CD, and another sent a code for a discount on tickets but I never redeemed them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jur, southernman, jeb

More
03 Jan 2019 08:07 #289157 by Ah_Pook
I backed a graphic novel by a local artist once, and a really silly desk calendar that had a different dungeon every day. They were all drawn by a non professional artist and a lot of them were on like graph paper. There were some mazes in there and a bunch of silly nonsense. Loved it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jur, southernman, jeb

More
03 Jan 2019 13:47 #289198 by southernman

DarthJoJo wrote: Would you feel better if I told you the two Kickstarters I’ve backed and am waiting on, so you can goof on them? It’d be real easy to taunt at least one of my picks.

What ? Make a post about KSers you have backed and make a comment why in the thread called "What KICKSTARTER(S) are you BACKING and WHY? " - how fucking novel.

More
04 Jan 2019 11:05 #289242 by Gregarius

jeb wrote: Anyone here backed anything that wasn't a game? I've backed a cool butter knife, that I love. It works on cold butter by peeling off these strands. It's amazing.

Hey, I have that thing too! I love it, but my wife still makes fun of me for it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernman, jeb

More
16 Jan 2019 14:41 #290114 by Legomancer
Finally, a DARK MINIATURES game about DARK HEROES who NEED TO PEE

Attachments:

More
17 Jan 2019 10:02 #290148 by Gary Sax
My spouse's Kickstarter copy of CO2 arrived yesterday. Hope to get a chance to see how it is.

More
17 Jan 2019 10:30 #290151 by Vysetron
Jordan Draper's new Tokyo series is up on KS right now. I was largely ambivalent. Then I found PRAISE.

PRAISE is a game entirely about complimenting your friends. It's basically nice person Spyfall. Notably it includes the best component I've seen in a very long time, because the player everyone is complimenting for the round is designated with The Cool Guy Standee.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Frohike

More
26 Jan 2019 12:55 #290716 by Ah_Pook
Apparently Portal is putting a new version of Pret A Porter on Kickstarter soon (ish?). Same theme, new artwork by Kwanchai Moriya. So I'm definitely backing that whenever that happens. I've been on the lookout for a copy of the original game for a minute now. Plus I'm real into them deciding to keep the same theme, instead of changing it to video game development which was the word for a long time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Legomancer, Frohike, Vysetron

More
26 Jan 2019 13:26 #290717 by Vysetron
We've been keeping an eye out for Pret A Porter for a while so this announcement is a big deal. My wife was particularly glad that they kept the theme the same (even though she prefers video games to fashion) because, and I quote, "there aren't enough games with an overwhelmingly feminine theme that aren't garbage".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ah_Pook

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.343 seconds