October 09, 2023
2482 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2684 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What KICKSTARTER(S) are you BACKING and WHY?

More
30 Apr 2019 15:13 #296323 by charlest
There are a couple hundred people still waiting for Onslaught 3 due to a computer glitch, they need to get that sorted first.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Scott_F

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Apr 2019 15:34 #296326 by jpat
Honestly, at this point I'd just like the OS3 errata for the older stuff (didn't participate in OS3). I can make my own, but I feel like I'm fully saturated otherwise. Anyway, boo hoo, right?

More
30 Apr 2019 15:55 #296330 by cdennett
As I'm the unofficial PG rep for TWBG, here's what I know.

Regarding current stuff on their webstore, they are in stock. BUT, they are holding off selling anything until the last backers of OS3 get their stuff. The shipping SNAFUs going on are incredible...some software glitch has shut everything down for both Europe and NA for over 2 weeks, with The Gods War held hostage at the same shipper. And yes, most people in NA have their OS3 orders by now. They also are saying they have lots of the factions available, so hopefully there won't be an issue picking up WW when it finally opens up. If I remember, I'll try and update here when they announce they've got stuff up on their webstore.

Regarding the two CW Kickstarters being fulfilled at the same time, it will be two pledge managers. However, if you backed both, they will give you shipping credit on the current KS to make it equivalent to just having backed the second one (and used add-ons). So you're not going to get screwed over on shipping, but will need to complete both separately if you backed both.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Gary Sax, Ah_Pook

More
30 Apr 2019 15:56 #296331 by ubarose

jpat wrote: Honestly, at this point I'd just like the OS3 errata for the older stuff (didn't participate in OS3). I can make my own, but I feel like I'm fully saturated otherwise. Anyway, boo hoo, right?

This is something I do know the answer to. You can download the complete rules with all the errata on the website. I think you have to go to the CW shop and at the top of the page there are three filter buttons. One of them is publications.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jpat

More
30 Apr 2019 16:02 #296332 by ubarose
THANK YOU cdennett!

That clears up a lot of my confusion.

More
02 May 2019 17:04 #296428 by ChristopherMD
I vote we lock this thread with a link to therewillbe.games/articles-main-menu/kickstarters and everyone posts what they'd post here under the KS game entries from now on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose

More
02 May 2019 19:18 - 02 May 2019 19:20 #296433 by cdennett
Would comments posted to the Kickstarter entries show up in the standard "Recent" forum posts? (IE. like articles) If so, not a bad idea. Though perhaps a few brave souls should make the initiative and see if people naturally follow.

Edit: Bah, no sooner did I post it then see that CMD already tested that...
Last edit: 02 May 2019 19:20 by cdennett.

More
02 May 2019 22:40 #296439 by ubarose
It would be great if people would do this.

Creating a listing for the Kickstarter is pretty easy. You don’t even have to put in a big long description of the Kickstarter. I just throw the one sentence description at the top of the Kickstarter the summary. And you don’t even need to fill in all the fields if you are lazy.

More
01 Nov 2019 11:08 #303019 by DarthJoJo
Probably going to back the Vengeance expansion Director’s Cut in the next few days. Further player interaction, a new hero and new solo missions for everyone as a stretch goal are worth $30 and shipping. Only disappointment is that the Meatboy Murphy hero pack won’t be available as an add-on unless too few all-in pledges are made.

If you’re at all interested in Vengeance, you’ll want to get in on this as Mighty Boards announced it’ll purely be a Kickstarter product from now on.

More
01 Nov 2019 11:14 - 01 Nov 2019 11:15 #303020 by charlest
I'm guessing it didn't sell well through their partner Greenbrier.

I still love Vengeance. It's definitely a game with more narrow appeal than most as it's a bit of a real-time dramatic action puzzle that's miniatures heavy. Many people dislike the Euro elements (particularly the montage scenes), but it really nails it for me.

I pulled it back out a month or so ago after not playing it for nearly a year. It delivered totally and the new player at the table ate it up.
Last edit: 01 Nov 2019 11:15 by charlest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarthJoJo

More
01 Nov 2019 11:34 #303022 by cdennett
Dagnabbit, I had already written Vengeance off, especially after just receiving way too much Street Masters stuff. Do I need another solo-ish minis-heavy Kickstarter? Probably not, but the theme had intrigued me. Now I had to go click the remind button and hope that all the limited pledges disappear before I fail my will save...

More
01 Nov 2019 11:45 #303023 by hotseatgames
I was going to jump in on Vengeance but the price is turning me off. I'll probably just grab the base game separately at some point.

I just crammed all of Street Masters into the giant box. It weighs 25 pounds. I have entirely too much Street Masters, which is equally good and bad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cdennett

More
01 Nov 2019 11:56 - 01 Nov 2019 11:57 #303026 by charlest
There is definite overlap in Street Masters and Vengeance, particularly when looking at your collection and really debating on stuff that competes for playing time in the same niche. Mechanically they're wildly different of course, but I think there's a solid cross-section of people that would really dig both.

I don't know which I would choose if I had to. That's difficult. Street Masters probably has greater longevity and would hit the table more often. I probably prefer it as an overall product and system a tad more.

I would think you could find Vengeance for trade on BGG or somewhere for a more affordable price. The expansion content is much harder to find and I imagine the director's cut will be rare. You definitely don't need any of that though.
Last edit: 01 Nov 2019 11:57 by charlest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cdennett

More
01 Nov 2019 12:08 - 01 Nov 2019 12:11 #303028 by Frohike
Street Masters is so damn good. I had the same reaction when I got my shipment... but I’m now in the middle of a Story play through and I’m really happy to have all of that variety waiting in the wings. I’m also happy to sacrifice a few toads to make room.

Buh bye Siege of the Citadel
Last edit: 01 Nov 2019 12:11 by Frohike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, hotseatgames, charlest

More
01 Nov 2019 12:50 #303033 by n815e
I think that the Vengeance publisher was unhappy with heavy discounting from online retailers, so decided to do ks only.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.411 seconds