October 09, 2023
2454 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2654 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What Marvel's are you Snapping?

More
26 Apr 2023 16:26 #339114 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic What Marvel's are you Snapping?
Sera got boring and/or petered out. I think I am moving to a higher MMR tier or something because I am seeing crazier cards and better decks. Started at 50 and stuck there all season. Now at 55, but blah compared to last seasons stroll to Omega. Having a good time with the Jeff deck that’s mentioned in the News (swapping Jeff for Lizard). Very subtle control play. Turn 5 Wave into She-Hulk + a 6-cost is a killer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2023 16:35 #339127 by ecargo
Bought Stegron on somewhat of a whim and put together a deck. It's been performing pretty well (about 60% win rate).

snap.fan/decks/239108/
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig, DarthJoJo

More
05 May 2023 13:35 #339221 by DarthJoJo

Ben Brode gives a pretty great dive into the four-year development of Snap. Highlights included learning that the snap (inspired by backgammon) was the very first mechanic developed and hearing shout outs to Knizia’s Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation and Fantasy Flight’s Game of Thrones board game as the source of the simultaneous play element.

Really enjoying the last week of play. Control of the Sera and Daredevil varieties are still pulling their weight because too many people aren’t ready for their plans to be countered, but I’m most excited to have picked up Bast. She is the battery of several middling decks that need a boost.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecargo, WadeMonnig

More
07 May 2023 13:12 #339245 by WadeMonnig
I recieved that yellowjacket as well. I run it in a hazmat deck that I use when "Win a location with less than blah bah power" comes up.
# (0) Yellowjacket
# (2) Hazmat
# (2) Luke Cage
# (2) Scorpion
# (3) Ironheart
# (4) Wong
# (4) Absorbing Man
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Typhoid Mary
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Magik
# (6) Odin

I've been bouncing around decks but Sera Surfer has been strong. Dropping storm on Nexus the final turn is satisfying.
# (1) Nova
# (2) Goose
# (2) Scorpion
# (3) Brood
# (3) Mister Fantastic
# (3) Silver Surfer
# (3) Storm
# (3) Juggernaut
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Polaris
# (3) Maximus
# (5) Sera
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecargo, DarthJoJo

More
09 May 2023 13:59 #339288 by dream spawn
I've been running a modified Destroyer deck. Not sure how good it ultimately is, but I've been having a lot of fun with it.

# (1) Ant Man
# (2) Armor
# (2) Colossus
# (2) Jeff
# (3) Green Goblin
# (3) Captain America
# (4) Rescue
# (4) Warpath
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Professor X
# (6) Orka
# (6) Destroyer
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig

More
24 May 2023 18:22 - 24 May 2023 18:28 #339446 by DarthJoJo
Made it back to infinite. A very basic M.O.D.O.K. discard and pre-Kitty bounce did a lot of work at the lower levels, but my Shuri Nimrod deck got me over the finish line.

# (1) Nova
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Forge
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Wolverine
# (3) Electro
# (3) Venom
# (3) Deathlok
# (4) Shuri
# (5) Nimrod
# (6) America Chavez
# (6) Destroyer

Shuri into Nimrod and destroy pieces can send 10 power all over the place or Electro into Nimrod can get the party started ahead of time. Matches up pretty well against Wave and even Galactus decks, which are the absolute banes of other favorites. Wouldn’t mind switching America for Galactus or Knull when I pull them.

Really looking forward to High Evolutionary and Thanos for whom I’ve been saving tokens.
Last edit: 24 May 2023 18:28 by DarthJoJo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecargo

More
25 May 2023 12:58 #339455 by ecargo
Have been stuck in the 70s all season, not able to climb out until yesterday using my Hit Monkey / Sera control deck, which I swapped in some new cards: snap.fan/decks/237230/ .

I'm in the 80s now and am hopeful I can hit Infinite again.

Also been having a lot of fun with my ramp Professor X deck, which I came up with based on the idea of locking out a lane on t4 then using Mystique to do it on t5: snap.fan/decks/244038/ . I've pulled it off a few times and it's been fun. Ronan and Sandman have fit in nicely to make the deck a bit more flexible and not one-trick.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarthJoJo

More
26 May 2023 15:46 - 27 Jul 2023 22:12 #339465 by ecargo
I hit infinite last night using the Sera Hit Monkey deck. Shocked that it took two days to climb after so many weeks of being stuck. Though, admittedly, I was not trying to climb as seriously and kept playing more fun decks than competitive ones. The upper ranks are mostly (bad) bots too, which helped.

Until today, I didn't know that you can't drop from 100 so time to play all my weird decks.
Last edit: 27 Jul 2023 22:12 by ecargo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig, DarthJoJo

More
22 Jul 2023 22:58 #340070 by DarthJoJo
Finally pulled Magneto on Friday to go series 3 complete and still enjoying the game. Just nice to see a decklist and be able to actually play it without wondering how much my substitutions are killing it. My favorite decks include a miracle deck that creates a bunch of cards with Agent 13, Agent Coulson and Nick Fury and kind hopes that maybe they're what I need to win and a clutter deck that plays Sentry, Viper, Green Goblin and Debrii to fill my opponent's lanes with junk. Both are tier two at best but plenty of fun.

Been a few major changes over the past month that I wanted to touch on. The biggest is the introduction of Conquest mode. Cubes are now your life, and you're hoping to drain your opponents' 10 before you go to zero. It's kind of the hardcore mode because you should expect to play five to six games before the final winner is determined, and people are bringing their best to it because victories gain you another new currency and exclusive rewards. I love it. Sure, there are still bum matches where your opponent's deck hard counters yours, but I've also had my most satisfying games in Conquest. You learn your opponent's deck and anticipate their counters and cut off their outs. So good.

They also changed the card acquisition system. Previously you could only gain new cards by paying collector's tokens or hope to get really lucky in cache pulls. The system made a certain kind of sense, but token gain was slow. At best you were buying one new card every month, if you were series thee complete and free to play. The excitement for new cards was minimal outside YouTube channels.

Now there's a new cache that only contains that week's new cards and two known others. The schedule for these releases is known through August, so you can plan on when to save and spend these new caches (you earn about one every week if free to play). Now everyone has a chance to grab these new cards a lot earlier even if there is an element of luck to it.

I think I prefer this system slightly, but the complaining from the community is amazing. Every change is a new chance to accuse the developers of twisting Snap into a gacha or pay to win. I played Hearthstone for a month near release and haven't dabbled in any others. Maybe Snap is abysmal compared to its competitors, but as someone used to cardboard and Fantasy Flight, I'm floored by their responsiveness. There's one major patch every month, and twice more a month are smaller changes to cards, both to nerf the overpowered and buff the underplayed. The meta rarely and only briefly feels staid. Communication is constant. It really feels like they're always trying to provide the best game and best experience every week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ecargo

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds