October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2509 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What Marvel's are you Snapping?

More
29 Oct 2022 06:37 #336486 by mtagge
I've taken 1-cost cards out of my deck. I guess only put in Nova?
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Oct 2022 18:07 #336494 by Space Ghost

WadeMonnig wrote: It gets ugly once you hit Tier 2 (Collection Level 222) I'm about 50/50 on wins and losses and a crap set of locations can devastate any plans. I HATE the "play with random cards" or "play with your opponent's hand" No, idiots, I build my decks so I know what I have. Still trying to find a good way to use Killmonger.

I use Killmonger in a destroy deck. I’ve been winning about 80/20 probably.

Just got Hobgoblin and have enjoyed being an asshole with him

More
29 Oct 2022 19:15 #336495 by WadeMonnig

Jexik wrote: I got crushed by someone getting 3k at each location via bar sinister. Requires nightcrawler, blue marvel, and onslaught.

Could not retrieve bearer token (consumer)
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarthJoJo, Ah_Pook

More
29 Oct 2022 19:23 #336496 by WadeMonnig

Space Ghost wrote:

WadeMonnig wrote: It gets ugly once you hit Tier 2 (Collection Level 222) I'm about 50/50 on wins and losses and a crap set of locations can devastate any plans. I HATE the "play with random cards" or "play with your opponent's hand" No, idiots, I build my decks so I know what I have. Still trying to find a good way to use Killmonger.

I use Killmonger in a destroy deck. I’ve been winning about 80/20 probably.

Just got Hobgoblin and have enjoyed being an asshole with him

I'd kill for a Bucky Barnes. My kill deck is
Could not retrieve bearer token (consumer)

More
31 Oct 2022 20:43 #336526 by WadeMonnig
For the love of...I have two cards left to unlock in Tier 2. Wanna bet the last one is Bucky? Really comfy with my kill deck, just hard to know when to snap since wins are always perfectly apparent ahead of time.

More
01 Nov 2022 10:24 #336532 by the_jake_1973
Y'all got me snapping now. Still early in the growth at CL202. I'm starting to hit that point of decent matchups, so I've been hovering in that 30-31 Rank. It is a cool deck constructor. Quick games, no energy requirements, no necessary pay-to-play.

More
02 Nov 2022 22:40 #336581 by DarthJoJo
Made it up to rank 40 and that Miles Morales avatar on the back of Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur because it's clearly the best deck for my collection. Definitely nothing wrong with dropping two five-energy cards with more strength than Hulk. It's okay though. Even if I don't draw my good boy and good girl, Emma Frost, Agent 13 and Cable give me enough extra draw and options to sometimes work through my problems.

Was having fun with a Multiple Man deck that pumped him with Ironheart and Hulk Buster before dragging him all over the board. When it went off, I had four Multiple Men at a minimum strength of 7, but it was very fragile to drawing in the right order at the right time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, WadeMonnig

More
03 Nov 2022 13:22 #336600 by WadeMonnig

DarthJoJo wrote:
Was having fun with a Multiple Man deck that pumped him with Ironheart and Hulk Buster before dragging him all over the board. When it went off, I had four Multiple Men at a minimum strength of 7, but it was very fragile to drawing in the right order at the right time.

My move deck works great with the machine world event. Moved cards don't go to the other players. I bought miles so I'm doing:
# (1) Iron Fist
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (2) Kraven
# (2) Multiple Man
# (2) Cloak
# (3) Storm
# (3) Doctor Strange
# (3) Vulture
# (3) Hulkbuster
# (4) Miles Morales
# (6) Heimdall
# (6) America Chavez
America can't be drawn before turn 6, so it increases the odds of getting the cards you need. Also doesn't hurt to have a 9 power in turn six.... or to bail on turn 5 since you know what card you are getting and if it will help you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarthJoJo

More
03 Nov 2022 14:07 #336601 by DarthJoJo
Looks fun. I’ll switch Miles for Ironheart but can build it otherwise.

More
04 Nov 2022 14:03 #336624 by WadeMonnig

DarthJoJo wrote: Looks fun. I’ll switch Miles for Ironheart but can build it otherwise.

I like Storm for changing those nasty anti move locations. But I swapped in Forge to make vulture/mutiple man more buff. I dislike Ironheart for the sole reason of her zero power taking up a space with no way to purge her.

More
06 Nov 2022 18:46 #336652 by the_jake_1973
I've been using a Moon Girl, Devil Dino pairing with card boosting help from Cable, Agent 13, and Emma. I added Yondu to remove opponent's cards and America Chavez. It has been a fairly reliable deck to help me churn through missions.

More
06 Nov 2022 20:04 #336656 by WadeMonnig

the_jake_1973 wrote: I've been using a Moon Girl, Devil Dino pairing with card boosting help from Cable, Agent 13, and Emma. I added Yondu to remove opponent's cards and America Chavez. It has been a fairly reliable deck to help me churn through missions.

Devil Dino works great with the current clone location. I'm trying a weird Dino deck with killmonger and quin jet.(I hit tier three) I might swap out Nova for yondu.
# (1) Agent 13
# (1) Nova
# (1) Quinjet
# (2) Angela
# (2) The Collector
# (2) Cable
# (2) Sentinel
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Moon Girl
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) Devil Dinosaur

Btw: My user name is Rapier.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
07 Nov 2022 15:12 #336675 by jeb
Replied by jeb on topic What Marvel's are you Snapping?
I feel like this game must shift fundamentally once Killmonger is available on your tier. I'm still in ... I don't even know how to describe it, but "down here" and that is not something I have to worry about.

More
08 Nov 2022 07:21 - 08 Nov 2022 07:21 #336684 by mtagge

jeb wrote: I feel like this game must shift fundamentally once Killmonger is available on your tier. I'm still in ... I don't even know how to describe it, but "down here" and that is not something I have to worry about.

I stopped playing tier one 1-cost cards before Killmonger became prevalent. Two power just wasn't enough to change any outcomes when weighed against the opportunity cost of drawing a better card, exception was Nova.

Then I started getting Agent-13 (negating the opportunity cost), and Iceman (effectively ruining a card in your opponent's hand) started showing up and messing up my plans, making the on-reveals worth the card slot.

At the end of the day this game is extremely random, which is OK for two minute matches. However it reminds me of Marvel VS system. The winning strategy, assuming you have built a decent deck, is to play a 1-cost card on the first turn, play a 2-cost card on the second turn, a 3-cost on the third turn, after that you can double card plays of lower cost cards. Then just roll with the punches as best you can. The cards definitely have a power curve with the tiers, but luck is the overriding factor when facing a competent opponent.

Tier II is definitely more frustrating when hopping in quickly to try and complete missions (except for play 10 1-cost cards, lol). Just trying to win with 20 power or four cards can be frustrating when all these random swings go on and your opponent retreats on the 5th turn, pulls out some big nuke (Jubilee into a 20 power card), hobgoblins your Nemo, etc.
Last edit: 08 Nov 2022 07:21 by mtagge.

More
08 Nov 2022 23:44 #336699 by Space Ghost

WadeMonnig wrote:

the_jake_1973 wrote: I've been using a Moon Girl, Devil Dino pairing with card boosting help from Cable, Agent 13, and Emma. I added Yondu to remove opponent's cards and America Chavez. It has been a fairly reliable deck to help me churn through missions.

Devil Dino works great with the current clone location. I'm trying a weird Dino deck with killmonger and quin jet.(I hit tier three) I might swap out Nova for yondu.
# (1) Agent 13
# (1) Nova
# (1) Quinjet
# (2) Angela
# (2) The Collector
# (2) Cable
# (2) Sentinel
# (3) Killmonger
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Moon Girl
# (5) Iron Man
# (5) Devil Dinosaur

Btw: My user name is Rapier.

The first card I hit at tier 3 was Dracula and then Red Skull.

I’m playing a, so far, very effective discard deck. I’ve made it to level 30 in this new season - had a win of five 8 point games in a row.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, WadeMonnig

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.485 seconds