October 09, 2023
2288 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2504 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What Board Game have you been playing? ARCHIVE

More
15 Jul 2009 12:24 #35038 by metalface13
Michael Barnes wrote:

SNOW TAILS is popping up a lot...

People are popping "Snow Tails" for Snow Tails?
The topic has been locked.
More
15 Jul 2009 12:51 #35048 by ubarose
Michael Barnes wrote:

SNOW TAILS is popping up a lot...seems like it's got good traction around here. Maybe Branham will let me play his copy thursday.

Snow Tails got played at my house last night, but it was boys night out, so I didn't play. I was hiding upstairs with the Spawn watching chick shows that would turn you all gay if I so much as posted their titles.
More
15 Jul 2009 12:52 #35050 by Michael Barnes
It wasn't DROP DEAD DIVA was it? My wife did the set design on that show.
More
15 Jul 2009 13:01 #35053 by billyz
ubarose wrote:
Snow Tails got played at my house last night, but it was boys night out, so I didn't play. I was hiding upstairs with the Spawn watching chick shows that would turn you all gay if I so much as posted their titles.[/quote]

I don't know, I've been watching a whole whack of shows with Helen ( the wife), that if some of my friends knew about I'd never hear the end of it. Then again I always have the words to "I Feel Pretty" running through my head...

Nice! My wife recently worked on a job with a food network star that was a total flake.
More
15 Jul 2009 13:16 #35063 by Ken B.
ubarose wrote:

watching chick shows that would turn you all gay if I so much as posted their titles.

How on earth could that make anyone gay?

Ah...TITLES. TITLES. Now I get it.
More
15 Jul 2009 13:48 #35075 by ubarose
Michael Barnes wrote:

I managed to miss both the first episode and the re-broadcast. One night I was playing Arkham Horror. I think I was shopping for riding boots the other night. I'm going to have to watch it on-line.

Congrats to the wife. Wasn't she designing sets for the Food network? Are they keeping her on board for Drop Dead Diva, or are all the core sets done and so is the gig?
More
15 Jul 2009 14:17 #35081 by Ska_baron
Shellhead wrote:

I finally bought Armageddon Empires, and have now played two full games as the Empire of Man.

Um, this game sounds awesome and I'd love for someone around here to do a review since this appears to be the only game of it's kind...
More
15 Jul 2009 14:26 #35083 by metalface13
Ska_baron wrote:

Shellhead wrote:

I finally bought Armageddon Empires, and have now played two full games as the Empire of Man.

Um, this game sounds awesome and I'd love for someone around here to do a review since this appears to be the only game of it's kind...

I think Barnes reviewed it on Cracked LCD one time.
More
15 Jul 2009 14:31 #35085 by Shellhead
metalface13 wrote:

www.gameshark.com/features/359/p_0/Crack...n-Empires-Review.htm
More
15 Jul 2009 14:34 #35087 by Schweig!
I did not like SNOW TAILS. It has got no rules for ramming. If you drive into another player you simply stop. How boring is that? I'd roll two dice:

First die
1-2: You stop.
3: You drift one space to the left of the other player.
4: You drift one space to the right of the other player.
5-6: You overtake the other player.

Second die
1-3: No effect.
4: You take one damage.
5: You and the other player each take one damage.
6: The other player takes one damage.
More
15 Jul 2009 14:42 #35089 by Ska_baron
Shellhead wrote:

metalface13 wrote:

www.gameshark.com/features/359/p_0/Crack...n-Empires-Review.htm

Awesome! Thanks
More
15 Jul 2009 14:48 #35090 by Shellhead
The free demo for Armageddon Empires is very good. You are getting a playable game, everything except for two of the four factions. However, there is a 30-turn limit on the demo game, so a majority of the demo games will end in a draw. When you buy the full game, you also get both expansions for no additional charge. The Cults of the Wastelands expansion makes the small independent factions more proactive and aggressive, so instead of just battling 2-4 major AI opponents, you are also potentially being harassed by a number of lesser opponents. The newer expansion, The Tip of the Spear, apparently increases the tactical utility of infantry units.
More
15 Jul 2009 14:53 #35093 by Michael Barnes
I liked AE a lot, the only thing I didn't care for was that sometimes the battles took forever to resolve, watching those dice roll and all that. I think he actually fixed that as a result of my comment though.

Don't have the expansions yet...maybe I'll get around to them once I beat the god damned AI in this PC CITIES AND KNIGHTS game. It's fucking devilish. I think I've played more games of SETTLERS with this program in the last week than I have in the past 5 years.
More
15 Jul 2009 17:16 #35126 by Notahandle
metalface13 wrote: " You're going to laugh, but lately I've been playing Race For the Galaxy ... online ... solo games ..."
Notahandle wrote: " EDIT- I keep meaning to register on genie.game-host.org but it keeps timing out."
I must be cursed! The day I register this happens:-
Out of service, hopefully temporarily
090715: I have come to understand that I need to improve my legal standing with those who own the rights to RftG. So the site is hopefully temporarily out of service.
More
15 Jul 2009 17:25 #35129 by Thaadd
Played Call of Cthulhu LCG over lunch today, preparing for a in house event later this week. I lost, but didn't get my ass handed to me. A respectable 2 story cards to 3. Considering who I was playing (the designer) was pretty nice.

In general, I'm bad at most card games, because as a natural part of their design, they tend to get really mathy, effect after effect after x cancels this when the moon is full and your opponent is wearing a red shirt.

At the risk of sounding like a shill, I really like that this game is not about the other guy out purchasing you. When I realized in highschool, that some nerds were actually counterfitting Magic cards, I got out. This seems simpler. I chose the two groups that are the most straight forward, but when I get a bit better, I want to make a monster deck. (as it is, I have Syndicate and Agency)

I'm in gaming mode lately. Which is good. Bad for the 'get outside and exercise' plan....

Other thing I have been playing (beyond the ever present Eve) is Team Fortress 2. You can find me on Steam as 'Arkhamina' I'm getting to be a pretty good soldier! Once in a while if I stay very late up, I see Skellie - I think Saturday I was up to 3am killing peoples, and saw him show up.

Got 2 games of Cosmic in last night too :)
Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.768 seconds