October 09, 2023
2454 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2654 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What Board Game have you been playing? ARCHIVE

More
04 Jun 2009 11:06 #31363 by Ken B.
We've been playing a Sportsclix World Series, getting in a few innings every day at lunch.

Game 1 was awesome--I was down 8-5, bottom of the ninth...and hit a walk-off Grand Slam to win it. Totally sweet. One of those "never forget" moments.
The topic has been locked.
More
04 Jun 2009 11:09 #31365 by Space Ghost
We've been playing a lot of Moto Grand Prix -- going through the 12 race season with six people. A good enough racing game that goes pretty fast.

Cutthroat Caverns will be making its debut next week -- my group will probably take to it quite quickly.
More
04 Jun 2009 11:44 #31369 by Aarontu
Not Sure wrote:

Shellhead wrote:

For a fast version of Diplomacy, get your six of your friends together and take turns kicking each other in the groin for several minutes. The animosity after that will be a reasonable facsimile of having just played Diplomacy.

Amateur hour.

For the proper Diplomacy-as-groin-kicking experience, everybody *writes down* who they're going to kick in the groin, then do the reveals simultaneously. Then commence kicking. Igo-ugo just doesn't work here.

I would suggest not being the one who brought the game, unless you also brought a cup.

Sadly, I've been playing jack shit on the home front. HiS PBEM is my only game right now.

This is the best thing I have read all day.

I LOL'd
More
05 Jun 2009 12:17 #31461 by Schweig!
Battlestar: Galactica

Nethack (computer game)
More
06 Jun 2009 09:05 #31526 by Notahandle
Thought I should activate the cloaking device for this one, since Michael has such a delicate nature.
Warning: Spoiler!
More
08 Jun 2009 07:50 #31569 by Xerxes
Over the last couple of weeks;

With my games group
Maharaja - Britannia-like game set in India
Small World
Easyship - WWI naval warfare

With my son & his friends
World of Warcraft - Adventure Game
Warhammer 40k
Warmaster ancients

More Small World lined up for this week
More
08 Jun 2009 08:04 #31570 by kookoobah
Just this weekend:

Marvel Heroes - bombed
Arkham Horror - bombed due to party pooper and first turn devouring of said party pooper
Descent - bombed due to long playing time
Hive - bombed due to opponent not getting the game
Roborally - decent
Descent (continued after 6 hours) - decent

Haha. Descent seriously takes waaaay too long.
More
08 Jun 2009 11:15 #31583 by ChristopherMD
Risk Express - Played two-player and don't think it works well that way.

Last Night On Earth - Had three for this. We did the Escape In The Truck scenario. Nurse Becky got lucky and started with the Keys, but then she died and the remaining keys ended up being at the bottom of the deck. I have all the expansion cards mixed in and think I'm going to make a list of cards to remove for scenarios that involve searching for specific items in order to thin it out a bit. We lost due to running out of time.
More
08 Jun 2009 15:50 #31643 by Ken B.
Just finished Game 2 of Sportsclix World Series. Took forever because it went 13 innings and we were playing like 3 innings per day on lunch.

I was up by 3 runs in the top of the ninth but my pitcher couldn't seal the deal. We then stayed tied up for several more innings, nothing doing.

I finally broke through in the bottom of the 13th. Flied out first batter, Alex Rodriguez used STEROID POWER to double, Albert Pujols drew an intentional walk, Andruw Jones struck out...then lowly batter Luis Castillo doubled in A-Rod to win it.

I'm up 2 games to none and going to his park to try and steal one before wrapping this up at home. Sportsclix is awesome.
More
08 Jun 2009 17:44 #31660 by metalface13
kookoobah wrote:

Just this weekend:

Marvel Heroes - bombed
Arkham Horror - bombed due to party pooper and first turn devouring of said party pooper
Descent - bombed due to long playing time
Hive - bombed due to opponent not getting the game
Roborally - decent
Descent (continued after 6 hours) - decent

Haha. Descent seriously takes waaaay too long.

Dude, sounds like you need to give up on AT.
More
08 Jun 2009 17:52 #31661 by Michael Barnes
Seriously...are you aware that there are all these incredible games coming out from European countries such as Germany that have shorter play times and simple rules? For many years, these games have been available and in Germany _people would rather play them than have sex, eat chocolate, or watch television_. Entire families do nothing but play games like PUERTO RICO. It's amazing. Perhaps you should try some of those kinds of games.
More
08 Jun 2009 18:11 #31666 by Juniper
That sounds fascinating! Someone should create a website to catalog all of these fantastic new games.
More
09 Jun 2009 08:04 #31694 by Aarontu
Juniper wrote:

That sounds fascinating! Someone should create a website to catalog all of these fantastic new games.

What an intriguing idea... if someone were to do this, they should throw in a forum so gamers can debate exactly how much better Puerto Rico is than sex, or tell everybody about their 4 year old son who plays Caylus, or they can share with the world that the old cancer is acting up again (in an attempt to accumulate "thumbs" or something like that).
More
10 Jun 2009 08:19 #31761 by Aarontu
So, last night I played Star Wars CCG with someone for the first time in YEARS. It was awesome. I had to teach him the rules, but he picked it up quickly and did pretty well for someone new to the game. I made a couple 40 card Hoth themed decks for playing against each other and they worked out great. Each deck was 30 cards focused on land, with 10 starships/systems/pilots thrown in.
More
10 Jun 2009 09:51 #31768 by Rliyen
The past week:

Munchkin Bites
MiniMonFa
Mag Blast, 2nd Edition
Infernal Contraption
Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 1.098 seconds