October 09, 2023
2455 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2657 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing? ARCHIVE

More
20 Aug 2009 02:14 #38587 by Hex Sinister
Fallout 3 We're still at the point where looting gibs is funny. Slo-mo heads and corpses flying through the air is pretty great. Really love this game so I'll have to buy the GOTY edition with the extras.

Resident Evil 5 Second co-op play-through but girlfriend got bored with it so...

Gears of War 2 This game really fucking sucks. Unsatisfying on every level. F-

Someone recommend a tense shooter for 360? Don't have XBL.
The topic has been locked.
More
20 Aug 2009 04:52 #38595 by Matt Thrower
Because I never play PC games any more and have yet to get an HD TV I'm still playing on my old XBox. As a result I've now managed to track down and play every single Xbox title published that was of any interest to me whatsoever. Here's my top eight in no particular order:

* Fable
* Grand Theft Auto Double Pack
* Halo
* Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30
* Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood
* Project Gotham Racing 2
* Psychonauts
* Burnout 3: Takedown

I'm not sure which of those are 360 compatible, but 360 owners who've not played any of those titles really ought to check them out.

The only Xbox game I own which continues to see regular play is Earned in Blood. In spite of some glaring technical deficiencies (you're partly reliant on the skill of the friendly AI, and it's not quite up to the job 100% of the time) the level of challenge, variety and atmosphere is second to none.
More
20 Aug 2009 07:54 - 20 Aug 2009 07:55 #38600 by Nick Dalton
Aarontu wrote:

I actually started playing Planescape: Torment yesterday. I've heard good things about it and finally got around to playing it. It seems really promising so far.

Check out this site for a fixpack, a mod that gives you max HP each level among other things, and a widescreen high-resolution mod.
Last edit: 20 Aug 2009 07:55 by Nick Dalton.
More
20 Aug 2009 09:38 #38603 by mrmarcus
Aarontu wrote:

I actually started playing Planescape: Torment yesterday. I've heard good things about it and finally got around to playing it. It seems really promising so far.

PS:T is simply amazing. The game engine really kind of sucks. But the characters are well done and very thematic, the main character is a perfect representation of the "amnesiac protagonist" template, the story is epic with a satisfying ending.
More
20 Aug 2009 09:38 #38604 by Jason Lutes
I have a DS, but nearly all of my gaming has been on PC for the past year. These days I play ranked 1v1 matches of Company of Heroes (the best RTS ever), about 2-3 times a day, and I've been getting my strategy fix from the Fall From Heaven 2 mod for Civ IV.

I was also in the Champions Online beta, and it was kind of fun, but not fun enough for me to want to subscribe when it gets released next month.

The only thing I'm really looking forward to right now is Elemental , from Stardock, which looks to recapture some of that old Master of Magic feeling.

Most of my gaming excitement these days is around boardgames, though -- either designing them, or trying to find more time to play them.
More
20 Aug 2009 09:47 #38607 by Aarontu
Nick Warcholak wrote:

Aarontu wrote:

Check out this site for a fixpack, a mod that gives you max HP each level among other things, and a widescreen high-resolution mod.

Cool, thanks!
More
20 Aug 2009 13:40 #38659 by metalface13
Hex Sinister: What do you not like about GoW2?
More
20 Aug 2009 14:13 #38672 by Pat II
Going to fire up Men of War tonight and see how it is.
More
20 Aug 2009 14:24 #38674 by Gary Sax
Just bought Shadow Complex. Incredibly excited to play it.
More
20 Aug 2009 14:30 #38677 by Almalik
Still plugging away at team Fortress 2. Pickedup Dawn of War II when Steam had it on sale the other weekend. Haven't started it yet, but looking forward to it.

Just started in on Culdcept for the DS. Culdcept is a great game series that board/CCG game blend where you are playing down monsters on spaces to colelct tolls from other players. Monsters are element based, and get bonuses if they are gaurding their same element. There are versions out for the PS2, Xbox 360, and DS. The DS version is Japan only so far, but if you have a flash cart for your DS you can grab the ROM for it. A group of people have put together an English translation patch for the ROM, so it is totally playable for those of us with no ability to read Kanji.
More
20 Aug 2009 14:46 #38679 by ubarose

It's a girl game.
More
20 Aug 2009 15:46 #38684 by Ken B.
I know this is going to be shocking, but all I ever play anymore is Guitar Hero. Guitar Hero III, World Tour, and Metallica on constant rotation. GH: Metallica still very routinely kicks my ass in a disturbingly quite humbling way.
More
20 Aug 2009 15:51 #38686 by san il defanso
A while ago, my wife got me Guitar Hero: On Tour for the DS. I had read some fairly damning things about this game, but I was pleasantly surprised. The biggest strike against it is the lack of depth, in that there are only like 25 songs. That's great for a handheld, but pretty meager for GH.
More
20 Aug 2009 16:59 #38693 by Gary Sax
Shadow Complex is awesome! If you like Metroidvania at all, you have to have this game.
More
20 Aug 2009 16:59 #38695 by Black Barney
I prefer Rock band 2 over GH:WT. That being said I love playing both. GHIII was terrible though. GHII was amzing (my entry into this genre) and the first Rock band was fantastic. It's just a really fun way to play games. It doesn't get old.

I tried Rock Band Unplugged on PSP and it was pretty awful. I can't wait for Beatles Rock band and GH5.

I play guitar expert mostly. I hate singing and I find drums CAN be fun (on Medium or Hard sometimes). Bass can be fun too on expert especially once they added that fretless strum line that comes up sometimes.

I'm picking up Batman Arkham Asylum on Tuesday at Walmart for only 39 bucks! cAN'T WAIT.
Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 1.699 seconds