October 09, 2023
2454 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2657 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What BEER(s) have you been drinking?

More
07 Feb 2013 15:42 #143508 by SuperflyPete
I almost exclusively drink only Guinness, Bass, Newcastle, or Dos Equis if the aforementioned three aren't available. I'll settle for some Bohemia, Pacifico Clara, Modelo Negro, or a Carta Blanca if I'm in Mexico, to mix it up, but only generally in Michelada form.

Generally I drink Tanqueray and Tonic, Whiskey, or Vodka. I just had some blue raspberry flavored 60 proof cheap shit that tasted pretty good if you have a vagina. Made me almost immediately sickly feeling, but I'm not sure if it was the drink or the counteraction with the meds I'm on.

In any event, that's all I have to offer. Sorry I can't be more helpful!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2013 20:34 #143544 by Gary Sax
So the one upshot of moving to Lubbock is that now I am in the western/mountain west microbrew market rather than the great lakes microbrew market. I love it, the Colorado microbrews are heavenly. Oskar Blues is now my favorite brewery---I like Dale's Pale Ale, I LOVE Mama's Lil Yella Pils, and I LOVE Old Chub. They make a wicked, ass kicking imperial stout as well. Great brewery.

More
07 Feb 2013 20:42 - 07 Feb 2013 20:44 #143545 by mikecl
I like Maudite, a Quebec brewed strong, dark Belgian beer with an 8 percent alcohol content. (It's the malt).

Occasionally I'll use it as a chaser with a glass of Jameson's Irish Whiskey neat.
Last edit: 07 Feb 2013 20:44 by mikecl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OldHippy

More
07 Feb 2013 22:47 #143559 by the_jake_1973

Da Bid Dabid wrote: Like most nights my beer of primary consumption is the best beer made in Michigan Bell's Two Hearted. Work is supposedly getting a few new taps soon so hopefully some fall brew goodness will be coming my way.

Also it was 3 weeks ago but attended our second annual UP Beerfest. My pick of the lot: Short's Brewing Rich's Rye. Second place was Dragonsmead's Double Black. Short's is seemingly becoming my favorite MI brewery.

You should check out Schmohz Brewery in Grand Rapids for some very good MI beer.

More
07 Feb 2013 23:13 #143560 by madwookiee

mikecl wrote: I like Maudite, a Quebec brewed strong, dark Belgian beer with an 8 percent alcohol content. (It's the malt).

Occasionally I'll use it as a chaser with a glass of Jameson's Irish Whiskey neat.

Maudite is one of the finest beers in existence. Trois Pistoles is also fantastic.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, mikecl

More
08 Feb 2013 01:13 - 08 Feb 2013 01:36 #143569 by OldHippy
All the Unibroue stuff is great. They are a great company.

Mike, it sounds like drinking with you is a good time. I love Irish whiskey, especially Red Breast.

Lately I've been into the Whistler brewing company here in B.C.. I don't know that they sell it anywhere outside B.C. though. They have one in particular called Black Tusk that I really like. Howe Sound has some nice fruit ales too. We have a great local bar where you can get what they call a "paddle" that has four small beers on it. This way you can try a lot of different beers in one night. Careful though, there's a deep stare into the bottom of a bowl if you stay too long. That abyss, it will stare back, and you won't like it at all.
Last edit: 08 Feb 2013 01:36 by OldHippy.

More
08 Feb 2013 01:28 #143572 by SaMoKo
You can definitely get Whistler stuff in Ontario as long as you hit a good beer store. As far as the Unibrou beers go, check out the annual reserve beer they have been releasing. Fantastic stuff.

Innis and Gunn has been another standby lately. A Scottish beer that doesn't suck, with a great whiskey flavour in the back.

Apothic has become my standby cheap table wine, but I still pull out a good French bottle on the days off.

More
24 Oct 2013 01:00 #163703 by ChristopherMD
Ommegang's Game of Thrones Take the Black Stout - I love Ommegang. I love stouts. This beer is fantastic. Definitely not for everyone but if you like Russian style stouts you should definitely seek it out. Just the right bitterness and a bit of licorice in the aftertaste.

More
24 Oct 2013 02:13 #163713 by Gary Sax
Rogue Dead Guy always puts me on my ass.

I drink a fair amount of high gravity beers. But most beers that have a lot of alcohol communicate that to me, they tell me "I'm a unique beer, drink me slowly and there's no need to have more than one." For some reason, Rogue Dead Guy feels like a session beer to me. If I'm not super careful I'll just fucking drink pint after pint, and barely be able to speak at the end.

Only high gravity beer that does this to me.

More
07 Mar 2016 10:57 #223920 by Sagrilarus

More
07 Mar 2016 11:10 #223922 by Gary Sax
I don't ironically love beer. I love beer.

Sure, I'll take the opportunity to talk more about beer. I've been drinking Prairie Artisan Ales this week, from Tulsa. They have some super interesting farmhouse/saison styles and sours. Both acquired tastes, but I tend to like sours better than hoppy styles like IPAs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Columbob

More
07 Mar 2016 11:18 #223923 by Sagrilarus
My wife and I have a running joke -- we refuse to purchase anything with the word "artisan" attached to it. I've seen her take things off of the checkout counter when the clerk has used the word. It's our own particular brand of hipsterism.

More
07 Mar 2016 11:27 #223925 by Gary Sax
You be you.

More
07 Mar 2016 13:51 #223937 by the_jake_1973
My wife loves sours and hates IPAs. I'm the exact opposite. We can trace it directly back to the day we helped my friend harvest his hops whilst hungover. It was warm and the hop scent was thick on the air. Our hands were coated with resin when we were finished. Thankfully, they have a nice machine for it now.

More
07 Mar 2016 14:52 #223944 by Columbob
I've been avoiding imperial/double IPAs recently (wait, last night I had a delicious triple though, so exceptions), I think session's the way to go.

I find sours go down really well on hot summer days. Dieu du ciel! makes a fantastic raspberry sour, good luck getting your hands on it though as the few bottles that reach shelves get snatched up really fast, I doubt they manage to export any of those.
I really like the rare Flanders Red style as well in the "pucker up" category.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds