October 09, 2023
2460 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2661 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What board games are you BUYING?

More
17 Oct 2019 15:46 - 17 Oct 2019 15:47 #302551 by Gary Sax
You could probably make a good amount of money off flipping Guderians Blitzkreig. They did update/revise it but OCS is always, always OOP.
Last edit: 17 Oct 2019 15:47 by Gary Sax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Msample

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2019 15:58 #302553 by Ah_Pook
Bgg price history looks like $15-20 is the average price for this particular one, so I dunno. I think it's not held in particularly high regard these days compared to any of the later ones.

More
17 Oct 2019 17:50 #302556 by Gary Sax
Huh, must be the old version isn't worth anything. Apologies!

More
17 Oct 2019 19:18 #302557 by barrowdown
Guderian's Blitzkrieg was completely overhauled for II, which can connect into Case Blue. GB is the only OCS that has been completely superceded by its replacement. The other ones with updated versions (Enemy at the Gates, DAK, Sicily and Tunisia) have the older version still counted as part of the series. Enemy at the Gates is just a part of Case Blue and it is still counted in the series. Hube's Pocket will also likely be completely superceded when it is released, though it might be like EatG and remain part of the series but have no real reason to pick up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Msample

More
17 Oct 2019 20:25 #302558 by Msample

barrowdown wrote: Guderian's Blitzkrieg was completely overhauled for II, which can connect into Case Blue. GB is the only OCS that has been completely superceded by its replacement. The other ones with updated versions (Enemy at the Gates, DAK, Sicily and Tunisia) have the older version still counted as part of the series. Enemy at the Gates is just a part of Case Blue and it is still counted in the series. Hube's Pocket will also likely be completely superceded when it is released, though it might be like EatG and remain part of the series but have no real reason to pick up.

Yeah original GB is pretty obsolete as is EatG. Both rules wise and OOB wise.

Hubes will eventually be superseded by THIRD WINTER, which covers a larger area .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
18 Oct 2019 06:36 #302564 by Dr. Mabuse
I picked up Abomination: Heir to Frankenstein with some in-store credit. I am terrible at resource management but I love the setting and themes of this game a whole lot. Looking forward to trying it out soon with some buddies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
18 Oct 2019 19:42 - 18 Oct 2019 19:42 #302574 by Sagrilarus

Ah_Pook wrote: A used book store near me randomly had a copy of Supply Lines Of The American Revolution: The Northern Theater 1775-1777 from Hollandspiele for $9 so I bought it. They also had a copy of Guderians Blitzkrieg, the first OCS game from 1992, for $15 which I talked myself out of buying. Pretty sure I would never ever ever play it, as it's hugely complicated and has 1300 counters in the box and takes a million hours. I was sorely tempted though.

Supply Lines is the crazy part of the find. Not a big name title by any stretch. I've been eyeballing it but will have a hard time getting it played, two player and three hours.
Last edit: 18 Oct 2019 19:42 by Sagrilarus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ah_Pook

More
21 Oct 2019 18:06 #302631 by barrowdown
Continuing my streak of used games, I picked up D-Day at Peleliu because I had been talking about it with my wargaming friend and I really enjoy D-Day at Omaha Beach.

I also picked up an unpunched copy of Next War: Taiwan for $25 because I have been curious about the series and at that price I could not resist.

More
21 Oct 2019 18:25 #302633 by n815e
Just ordered C&C Tricorn. It’s my first C&C game.

More
22 Oct 2019 10:43 #302650 by Ah_Pook
I bought a used copy of Unconditional Surrender with the mounted maps, because apparently I needed a huge ww2 have no one will ever play with me. Cataclysm proved too playable ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Msample, barrowdown

More
22 Oct 2019 11:28 #302653 by barrowdown

Ah_Pook wrote: I bought a used copy of Unconditional Surrender with the mounted maps, because apparently I needed a huge ww2 have no one will ever play with me. Cataclysm proved too playable ;)

But it only has two maps! That counts as a small/medium game at the strategic level! Also you have tons of smaller scenarios to play through.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ah_Pook

More
22 Oct 2019 12:17 #302655 by Rliyen
Mine's been FILL YOUR LIFE WITH CLEARANCE ITEMS!

Xenoshyft: Dreadmire
Xenoshyft: Onslaught
Dark Matter
Beneath Nexus
Darkness Comes Rattling
Grifters
Infamy
Monstrous
Neuroshima Hex Sharrash
Heat
Suspicion
Rogue Agent

More
22 Oct 2019 13:27 #302665 by Ah_Pook

barrowdown wrote:

Ah_Pook wrote: I bought a used copy of Unconditional Surrender with the mounted maps, because apparently I needed a huge ww2 have no one will ever play with me. Cataclysm proved too playable ;)

But it only has two maps! That counts as a small/medium game at the strategic level! Also you have tons of smaller scenarios to play through.

Joking aside, I've been fascinated by large scale WW2 war games for a while now and this one did seem like an actually playable entry point into the genre. Plus solo friendly, and lots of shorter scenarios to play with. I'm excited to poke at it.

More
24 Oct 2019 12:53 #302741 by A Lad Insane

Rliyen wrote: Mine's been FILL YOUR LIFE WITH CLEARANCE ITEMS!

Dark Matter
Beneath Nexus
Darkness Comes Rattling
Grifters
Infamy
Monstrous
Neuroshima Hex Sharrash
Heat
Suspicion
Rogue Agent

Sweet Christ on a rubber crutch, Rogue Agent is the drizzling shits. Horrendously bad game. If you insist on playing it, get the updated rules from BGG because they take it from "fuck this thing" to "the drizzling shits."

More
24 Oct 2019 13:13 #302744 by WadeMonnig

A Lad Insane wrote:

Rliyen wrote: Mine's been FILL YOUR LIFE WITH CLEARANCE ITEMS!

Dark Matter
Beneath Nexus
Darkness Comes Rattling
Grifters
Infamy
Monstrous
Neuroshima Hex Sharrash
Heat
Suspicion
Rogue Agent

Sweet Christ on a rubber crutch, Rogue Agent is the drizzling shits. Horrendously bad game. If you insist on playing it, get the updated rules from BGG because they take it from "fuck this thing" to "the drizzling shits."

_incoming joke_ Could a moderator move this comment to its proper forum which would be "Applications For Reviewers"
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Frohike, A Lad Insane

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.485 seconds