October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2507 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What board games are you BUYING?

More
04 Jul 2018 18:36 #276888 by southernman
Been grabbing stuff off eBay recently of games I purged a few years back when I wasn't that happy - so far the original Buffy and a WotC edition of Robo Rally have come back, both fun games for those lighter game sessions.
Also grabbed a Railways of England & Wales expansion map off BGG for my, yet to be played, Railways of the World.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ubarose, Gary Sax, Cranberries

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jul 2018 19:02 #276891 by Michael Barnes
Railways of the World is awesome, that is a longtime favorite of my gang. England and Wales is decent, but the extra rules for the company ownerships and all are kind of balls.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernman, Gary Sax

More
04 Jul 2018 19:49 - 04 Jul 2018 19:50 #276893 by Gary Sax
I just like the focus on actual routes in the system. I love that the hardcore stock ownership exercises exist, but they can be a bit abstract from the actual railroad side (intentionally).
Last edit: 04 Jul 2018 19:50 by Gary Sax.

More
05 Jul 2018 06:39 #276903 by southernman

Michael Barnes wrote: Railways of the World is awesome, that is a longtime favorite of my gang. England and Wales is decent, but the extra rules for the company ownerships and all are kind of balls.

Yeah, sounds like most people ignore that variant but that's what happens when you get Martin Wallace involved ;-) They reprinted the map a few years later calling it Railways of Great Britain and left the share variant out. I've bought it to cover lower player counts and, of course, to make it topical for my gaming group.

More
06 Jul 2018 11:39 #277005 by SuperflyPete
Totally jazzed right now.

Just got in on a GeekAuction and got Pandemic: The Cure (read: Pandemic the Dice Game) for 16$ and Kingdom Builder for 7$.

Can’t wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southernman, WadeMonnig

More
08 Jul 2018 11:22 #277107 by hotseatgames
I’m now the proud owner of Deathwatch Overkill. We will see how long it takes me to get it to a state where I can actually play it.

More
08 Jul 2018 18:15 #277125 by repoman
Bought Sagrada today.

Don't know much about it other than you make stained glass windows and that Uba after a flagon of whiskey said she thought it was ok.

My wife enjoys games where you build stuff. A city, a tower, a civilization, or a stained glass window. She enjoys creating much more than tearing down.

I however do enjoy blowing things up at least imaginary things. So while I'd not have bought it for myself I'm hoping it's got enough game in it to at least be interesting and something we both can enjoy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
08 Jul 2018 19:23 - 08 Jul 2018 19:24 #277131 by Frohike
It's... fine. It's one of those "shared activity" games that I do pick up every once in awhile. Been on a Century Golem Edition kick over here (similar vein; family loves it).
Last edit: 08 Jul 2018 19:24 by Frohike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig

More
09 Jul 2018 12:07 #277168 by Gregarius
I bought the new edition of Sekigahara, a game I've wanted to play for ages. I purchased it with the delusional belief that it will arrive in an extra large shipping crate that will include an opponent to play it with me.

More
09 Jul 2018 13:22 #277175 by san il defanso
For the first time in my life I've managed to land a weekly D&D group, which has made me feel better about spending money on that part of the hobby. To that end I picked up the Tomb of Annihilation module, hopefully to DM it later this year.

Slow going through my first read through, but it's basically a hex crawl set in Chult, with lots of undead. Cool!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Frohike, Colorcrayons

More
09 Jul 2018 13:54 - 09 Jul 2018 13:56 #277184 by ubarose

repoman wrote: Bought Sagrada today.

Don't know much about it other than you make stained glass windows and that Uba after a flagon of whiskey said she thought it was ok.

My wife enjoys games where you build stuff. A city, a tower, a civilization, or a stained glass window. She enjoys creating much more than tearing down.

I however do enjoy blowing things up at least imaginary things. So while I'd not have bought it for myself I'm hoping it's got enough game in it to at least be interesting and something we both can enjoy.

It has the hate draft thing going for it. Excellent couples game, if you don't mind sleeping on the sofa. (just kidding). Also, where did you get it. It's out of stock every where.
Last edit: 09 Jul 2018 13:56 by ubarose.

More
09 Jul 2018 16:56 #277200 by Colorcrayons

Gregarius wrote: I bought the new edition of Sekigahara, a game I've wanted to play for ages. I purchased it with the delusional belief that it will arrive in an extra large shipping crate that will include an opponent to play it with me.

Had a I been a packer at the place you bought it from, I would have totally shipped myself to play it.

Sekigahara is worth it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gregarius

More
09 Jul 2018 16:58 #277201 by Colorcrayons

san il defanso wrote: For the first time in my life I've managed to land a weekly D&D group, which has made me feel better about spending money on that part of the hobby. To that end I picked up the Tomb of Annihilation module, hopefully to DM it later this year.

Slow going through my first read through, but it's basically a hex crawl set in Chult, with lots of undead. Cool!

is it like the original but updated for new rules?

More
09 Jul 2018 17:36 #277204 by repoman
H

ubarose wrote:

It has the hate draft thing going for it. Excellent couples game, if you don't mind sleeping on the sofa. (just kidding). Also, where did you get it. It's out of stock every where.

Table Top Shop in Newington. They had a few copies.

More
09 Jul 2018 18:56 #277211 by ubarose

repoman wrote: H

ubarose wrote:

Table Top Shop in Newington. They had a few copies.

No kidding. I have to stop by on my way home from work.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.387 seconds