October 09, 2023
2454 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2657 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What IOS games have you been playing?

More
12 Apr 2012 23:43 #122748 by Mr Skeletor
So stick only one headphone in one ear. Jesus Matt didn't you go to school?

The ES:O update broke my copy of the game. Keeps hanging on the Cthulu campaign.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Apr 2012 08:29 - 13 Apr 2012 08:32 #122767 by Bullwinkle

Mr Skeletor wrote: The ES:O update broke my copy of the game. Keeps hanging on the Cthulu campaign.

Have you tried deleting the app from your device and redownloading? Also, sometimes removing the app from memory and shutting the device down completely and rebooting takes care of this kind of problem.
Last edit: 13 Apr 2012 08:32 by Bullwinkle.

More
13 Apr 2012 15:28 #122802 by mikoyan
I've been playing Battle Academy but I've been stuck on one of the missions. I can't seem to break through the German lines.

More
18 Apr 2012 15:37 #123213 by SuperflyPete
I've found a rough little gem that I think many here might enjoy:

UFO: Hotseat.

It's a bit like XCom and the developer is all about making it better, taking advice, and whatnot.

99cents normally, but FREE this week.

More
18 Apr 2012 17:28 #123235 by TheDukester
Latest game of Elder Sign Omens, using the Cthulhu campaign:

Not once, not twice, not three times ... FOUR times I rolled for the win vs. Cthulhu. Bzzzzzzzt! Fail, fail, fail, fail. Devoured. World ends.

None of them featured great odds, but still .... bloody fucking hell.

Great addition to the game. Fence-sitters: just get it. It's like the greatest solo adventure ever made, in any genre, for any system.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
18 Apr 2012 17:42 #123236 by Fallen

TheDukester wrote: Latest game of Elder Sign Omens, using the Cthulhu campaign:

Not once, not twice, not three times ... FOUR times I rolled for the win vs. Cthulhu. Bzzzzzzzt! Fail, fail, fail, fail. Devoured. World ends.

None of them featured great odds, but still .... bloody fucking hell.

Great addition to the game. Fence-sitters: just get it. It's like the greatest solo adventure ever made, in any genre, for any system.

I lost the first round vs. Cthulhu (4-1 wins/loss). I have my team that rips through 7 elder signs to 0-3 doom tokens(Thanks to the new remove a doom token quest reward)before we set off to sea, from there it's just a matter of remembering to spend the extra clue's before spending the dice on the final quest item. The new quests and investigators are what makes this expansion great. I've switched to random investigators and find this the way to go in order to ramp up the difficulty. This is a seriously good buy.

More
19 Apr 2012 17:08 #123332 by Msample

mikoyan wrote: I've been playing Battle Academy but I've been stuck on one of the missions. I can't seem to break through the German lines.

I just started playing last night. Expensive, but very impressive looking so far and once you get used to it, very intuitive interface. I hope the scenarios get bigger as I progress, but so far so good.

More
19 Apr 2012 19:18 #123341 by Dair

Msample wrote:

mikoyan wrote: I've been playing Battle Academy but I've been stuck on one of the missions. I can't seem to break through the German lines.

I just started playing last night. Expensive, but very impressive looking so far and once you get used to it, very intuitive interface. I hope the scenarios get bigger as I progress, but so far so good.

Keep the updates coming gents. Battle Academy is one I am very interested in, but I want to hear more from other players before I drop the $20. Glad to hear positives so far.

More
19 Apr 2012 19:28 #123342 by benny lava
I finished Sword & Poker, a cool little RPG-poker hybrid that is no longer available on the app store. Fired up the sequel, Sword & Poker 2, which is also no longer available. It's a shame - both are great little games that are perfect for iOS.

Tonight I'm going to pick up Midway Arcade, which just updated with iCade support, and Jazz: Trump's Journey, which dropped down to the magic 99 cent price point.

More
19 Apr 2012 19:48 - 19 Apr 2012 19:52 #123346 by Bullwinkle

benny lava wrote: I finished Sword & Poker, a cool little RPG-poker hybrid that is no longer available on the app store. Fired up the sequel, Sword & Poker 2, which is also no longer available. It's a shame - both are great little games that are perfect for iOS.

Aw, crap. I played the first one and kept meaning to buy the second but I never got around to it. What happened?

EDIT: Looks like the developer went out of business and so wouldn't pay the annual fee. I have to say, this model is pretty shitty. Not that I'd expect anything less from Apple.
Last edit: 19 Apr 2012 19:52 by Bullwinkle.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds