October 09, 2023
2289 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2505 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

Re:What ITEMS have you been buying?

More
06 Sep 2011 15:04 #102796 by Stormcow
I need to buy a new refrigerator. The old one went from "freezing the water bottles" to "defrosting the meat".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Sep 2011 15:15 #102798 by Msample
Get a refrigerator with the freezer on the bottom. More efficient and it makes more sense to bend occasionally to the freezer than it does to bend down more often to the bottom of a refrigerator.

And whatever you do, don't get a side by side. They suck.

More
07 Sep 2011 02:23 #102846 by Shellhead
I haven't been posting here much lately, because I am in the process of buying my first house.

So far: I got pre-approved for mortgage, we have settled on price, the inspection went well, so now I'm waiting to see if the appraiser will give the thumbs up. If that goes well, then the closing is on October 17.

More
07 Sep 2011 20:17 #102886 by Xlyce
I bought my wife a Kindle and I bought myself a ceramic knife

More
25 Sep 2011 23:27 #104345 by Dair
I got a good deal on a Weber charcoal grill. I have had a shitty Kmart grill for the last five years and I finally did something about it. I got a good deal because of the time of year from the local hardware store and will definitely break it in a little before it gets too cold this fall.

More
12 Nov 2011 16:55 #107823 by ubarose
I've been buying replacement parts for my home appliances. All my appliances are about 10 years old and they all seem to have broken one way or another within the last month or so. It's pretty amazing how inexpensively and easily you can fix your own stuff. My fridge just needed a $3 part, and my microwave just needed a $2 part. The dishwasher was the most expensive. It cost $60 dollars to repair, but I could have done it for $20. I added another $40 for a couple of parts that were cosmetic just because I was tired of looking at the dings and dents.

The only bummer is that the $6 part I need to fix my oven has been discontinued. It's technically a 'trim' piece, but it holds the front glass on the door in place. So I bought some rust restorer and hope I can get it back into shape.

The garbage disposal wasn't fixable. We just had to get a new one.

More
12 Nov 2011 22:14 #107837 by repoman
Bought my mad scientist wife a vacation trip to Hawaii in April. As BGG only lists two gamers on the island of Maui and the games they've listed on their owned list are fairly weak or not my thing, I shant be tempted to go gaming and endure spousal wrath.

More
13 Nov 2011 01:02 #107848 by Shellhead
I closed on my house a few weeks ago. Because I negotiated for the sellers to pay a chunk of the closing costs, I had some money to burn afterwards, and went to Ikea. I got the full-size Bjursta tablet that can fit all of Arkham Horror plus eight players, and upgraded the light fixture above it to a long flourescent fixture. I bought bulbs that artists prefer because the white light is supposedly made up of the full spectrum of colors, and it does a nice job of showing colors the way they are meant to be seen. I also bought ten decent plastic patio chairs that were on fall clearance at $10 each, and a half dozen inexpensive dining room chairs from Ikea. My old gaming table is now our dining room table. And I bought a new bed, because our old mattress wasn't good for my back anymore, after 16 years of use.

The very next day after I bought all that stuff, my girlfriend's car broke down. She has been having trouble getting somebody to replicate or at least diagnose the problem, but the various repair shops have discovered a slew of other issues. It's a 2006 Aveo with 116,000 miles, and now it needs: a wheel bearing replacement, a new timing belt, a new water pump, and a new catalytic converter. The original problem seems to be a gasket leak that is causing oil to get on a couple of her spark plugs, causing the car to kill at irregular intervals. And there is another oil leak inside the engine. All told, about $2,000 in car repairs. Good thing I got out of the habit of buying games and comics during the last year, while saving up for the downpayment on the house. I would like to give special thanks to DC and Marvel for producing so many mediocre comics lately, and to my local library, for carrying an excellent selection of trade paperbacks and hard covers.

More
19 Nov 2011 07:19 #108134 by Not Sure
Minor league hockey tickets for me and my older boy (his first game).

We got the good seats:

Attachment hockeyseats.jpg not found

A shame the home team got blown out, but a few good plays to be seen (mostly by the visitors). Now that I've seen the dinky downtown arena they play in, we'll have to go more often. The nosebleed seats in this joint would be in the lower deck of some NHL arenas.
Attachments:

More
19 Nov 2011 14:48 #108139 by stormseeker75
I love minor league teams. We used to have a good baseball team near us, but they went out of business. Bummer.

More
19 Nov 2011 21:17 #108160 by Xlyce
A mitre saw, to rent one it would cost me 42/day and I think I am going to need one for 4 different projects so I figured anything under 200 bucks is a deal as that breaks me even.

More
19 Nov 2011 22:05 #108164 by Amontillado
What ITEMS have you been buying?
After deliberation, a Walther P99 with tritium night sights. I put on the smallest backstrap.

I hold just a few firearms, but hadn't until now settle on a handgun. The Walther p99 was my pick. I think I'm going to switch my .22 rifle out for a SIG556. If anyone has experience with these SIG rifles, I'd be interested to hear about it.

More
20 Nov 2011 12:49 - 20 Nov 2011 12:50 #108187 by Notahandle
Gearing up for TOScon, huh?
Last edit: 20 Nov 2011 12:50 by Notahandle.

More
21 Nov 2011 04:19 #108241 by Amontillado

Notahandle wrote: Gearing up for TOScon, huh?

I'm pickin' up what you're laying down. :-)

Took the turkey-bird to the smoke house today. I guess I'm also buying turkey, cranberries, and lots of oysters for the stuffing.

More
26 Nov 2011 06:37 #108491 by Gary Sax
Bought a Samsung plasma d8000. No more sd Xbox anymore, god willing. Time to retire this 32 inch Sony CRT.

Wish I had a fucking HDMI Xbox!!!!!

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds