October 09, 2023
2458 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2661 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

Re:What ITEMS have you been buying?

More
29 Sep 2010 11:01 #75362 by ubarose
MattLoter wrote:

Apparently it was also an extra pain in the ass cause we have old school cast iron pipes so to get to the lead part was a hassle.

Cast iron pipes, oh shit! That's why it was $900. I was wondering why it cost so much. The main drain pipe out of our house is cast iron, and it's twisted at a funny angle so it clogs a couple of times year. We talked to our plumber about replacing it, and he handed us a high quality snake. He told us that the expense and risk of the replacing cast iron pipes wasn't worth it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2010 11:55 #75378 by mjl1783

She brings her lunch in a Ponyo bento box and now she has her tea. She's also been buggin me to find "cute" chopsticks in a holder like the other girls have.

Ever put some squid dogs in the bento box?

More
29 Sep 2010 12:07 #75386 by Dr. Mabuse
A bike helmet that actually fits my huge head and ever-developing 'Fro.

Universal Extra Large - 58-65 cm (or 22-26 " for my 'Merican friends)

More
29 Sep 2010 12:10 #75392 by mjl1783
Any cyclists here riding a bamboo bike yet? I'd really like to get one of those.

More
29 Sep 2010 12:19 #75393 by Dr. Mabuse
ubarose wrote:

Hatchling wrote:

mjl1783 wrote:

Since I'm 6 feet tall and my hair is down to my ass

Wow, that is not what I imagined. I thought corporate exec look.

Already lerning stuff I didn't know about people on the board. I want pictures.

I bought an insulated tea infuser for the Spawn. She's assimilated herself into the Asian girl clique at school (race is an issue at her school, but I won't go into that here; and it being Jr. High, who you eat lunch with is of the utmost importance). She brings her lunch in a Ponyo bento box and now she has her tea. She's also been buggin me to find "cute" chopsticks in a holder like the other girls have.

Although my oldest is home-schooled, she's right into Asian (read Japanese) culture. I'll have to look for a tea infuser for her for X-mas, I think.

More
29 Sep 2010 12:19 #75394 by Dr. Mabuse
mjl1783 wrote:

Any cyclists here riding a bamboo bike yet? I'd really like to get one of those.

Never heard of it, where are they from?

More
29 Sep 2010 13:39 #75403 by ubarose
mjl1783 wrote:

She brings her lunch in a Ponyo bento box and now she has her tea. She's also been buggin me to find "cute" chopsticks in a holder like the other girls have.

Ever put some squid dogs in the bento box?

Not to take to school, but I do make the sqiud dogs for her at home. But don't tell anyone, she would absolutely die of embarssment

@Dr. Mabuse I got the tea infuser tumbler at Star Bucks.

More
29 Sep 2010 13:48 #75405 by Sagrilarus
We're having a dozen kids over on Friday and I'm announcing in advance that we'll be serving squid.

S.

More
29 Sep 2010 14:55 #75414 by Space Ghost
A bunch of lumber to repair our deck that caught on fire due to a malfunction in our smoker....fire department and all was involved, wife was not pleased when she pulled up simultaneously with the fire dept. Situation was aggravated with AH and all expansions in full force on the dining room table.

screen doors for the lower deck (below, but not directly, the deck that caught on fire) to repair what looks like the invasion of a rabid squirrel.

some pipes for the aforementioned Labor Day pipe burst.

a pick-axe because I need to dig out a small creek that borders between me and my neighbors in the back. Waterflow isn't going smoothly during heavy rain, causing some flooding.

some vacation tickets...woohoo...for the week before thanksgiving!

More
29 Sep 2010 16:09 #75425 by MattFantastic
Oh, I also bought some adult clothes. My full time student teaching starts on Friday and they'd prefer if I didn't wear cut off camo shorts and sleeveless band shirts which is pretty much all I wear until it's too cold (and then it's tight jeans and band hoodies). I feel like kind of a douche even though I got some stylish stuff and not just like pleated front khakis and a polo shirt.

Toilets and Banana Republic... fuck being a grown up.

More
29 Sep 2010 16:51 #75432 by mjl1783

I guess there are only a few places to get them in North America right now, but to me, this looks too badass not to at least find a decent niche.

Apparently, the bamboo is just as strong as the steel bike frames are made out of, but lighter.

More
29 Sep 2010 17:08 #75433 by Dr. Mabuse
mjl1783 wrote:

I guess there are only a few places to get them in North America right now, but to me, this looks too badass not to at least find a decent niche.

Apparently, the bamboo is just as strong as the steel bike frames are made out of, but lighter.

Nice! Looks like something from Gilligan's Island.

More
29 Sep 2010 21:40 #75452 by Space Ghost
hacksaw, pipe cleaner, pipe sealant.....the pipe is proving to be my nemesis. As of today, score is Pipe 1, Space Ghost 0. Hope to even things up tomorrow.

More
29 Sep 2010 21:57 #75455 by Stan Leer
I bought some mushroom spawn to try to grow oyster and shitake mushrooms at home. After leaving it in the fridge for 3 weeks, I finally went out this past Saturday and drilled a bunch of holes in logs and stumps and started putting in the plugs (basically dowel pegs that have mushroom mycellium).

Then I hunched over them with a spoon and a candle melting wax to pour into the holes to seal them.

Now I wait...

Other stuff has actually been games!

More
30 Sep 2010 02:35 #75469 by Amontillado
I considered doing that. Our NW seed vendor is Territorial Seed Co, and they have such kits. Mushrooms add flavor to dishes that rivals that of meat. Actual fucking meat! Tell us how it goes when it gets going.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.630 seconds