October 09, 2023
2290 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2506 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
15 Sep 2017 01:45 #254280 by Gary Sax
Gotta love a 1 kill win.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2017 07:21 #254283 by Black Barney
What do you do with the gold you win?

More
15 Sep 2017 08:19 #254284 by hotseatgames
That was awesome! And I love the new fog weather.

Barney- you buy chests that have a random clothing item in them. You either sell the unopened chest on steam, wear the clothes, or sell the clothes. I have made several actual dollars doing this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
15 Sep 2017 08:25 #254285 by Black Barney
Fog makes it anti sniper and more CQC I'm guessing? Sounds good

Love the 1 kill win too. Very Buddhist.... especially if the remaining opponent is an impoverished Muslim

More
15 Sep 2017 08:56 #254289 by hotseatgames
Yes, the fog takes visibility down drastically, and adds an eerie wind noise (at least it's eerie when you are on your own in a wheat field, wondering where the 54 other people are who want to murder you).

The one kill win is a bit of a misnomer in squad play. In that match, I put bullets into several people, but the one who finally puts them down gets the kill. I actually got a 0 kill win!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
15 Sep 2017 09:11 - 15 Sep 2017 09:14 #254290 by Disgustipater
After I left, my friends kept playing and won another one. Hot night.

hotseatgames wrote: The one kill win is a bit of a misnomer in squad play. In that match, I put bullets into several people, but the one who finally puts them down gets the kill. I actually got a 0 kill win!

Yeah, the win screen is showing how many kills *I* got. My teammates got other kills. I've gotten zero kills in squad matches several times.

hotseatgames wrote: Barney- you buy chests that have a random clothing item in them. You either sell the unopened chest on steam, wear the clothes, or sell the clothes. I have made several actual dollars doing this.

Some of the rare items are selling for hundreds of dollars. It's completely retarded. My friend sold a pair of camo hotpants for $80, which turned out to be at the bottom of the market.
Last edit: 15 Sep 2017 09:14 by Disgustipater.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
15 Sep 2017 11:14 #254297 by jeb
ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD here. This game is intensely beautiful. I take pictures in game just because they are composed nicely. (There is some collect-em-all thing too, for pictures, and a lot of mini-quests about pictures of things, too). And they have finally allowed the physics of the game to solve some problems. You don't need to solve it exactly the way "you are supposed to," and it's liberating. Case in point, in one shrine you get an ice power that lets you build pillars of ice from water. There's a heavy gate over some standing water. The solution is to build a pillar of ice under the gate. Ta da. My 6yo comes to this shrine, gets the ice power, sees this gate and says, "Oh, I will freeze time (earlier power), hit it with my hammer (to build up kinetic energy in the gate), and when time turns back on I will run under as it flings up."

AND. IT. WORKED.

I turned on some other doohickey in a really complicated tricky way that I am SURE is not how I was supposed to do it. But the game doesn't care. You can pull off all kinds of crazy things. It's a blast. You also drown a lot. But that's just part of the fun.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

More
15 Sep 2017 13:14 #254305 by hotseatgames
Yeah, they had one shrine in which a ball drops into a labyrinth and you are supposed to tilt the controller to navigate the ball through the maze. It's extremely frustrating in its implementation. Luckily, you can just tilt the controller all the way upside down before the ball drops, and now you have the ball on the underside of the maze, which is smooth. #lifehack
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
15 Sep 2017 13:50 #254307 by jeb
Haha, exactly. On a shrine like that I turned the Switch waaay over and then flipped the ball up and had it land on the end corridor that leads to the solution. I love that you can do this kind of thing, it makes other kinds of games like this seem so limited. Like, what does that fragile wall care about using a bomb or an explosive arrow, or some other bang bang thing on it--it's a fragile wall. Anything like that should work. It's really cool when it actually does.

This kind of open-ended play also gets me into some trouble. I have found some shrines that I have NO BUSINESS being in at my level. It took some doing, I jumped off a mountain and what not to get out there, but there is no way I could get through it. Now I need to get back, and I don't know how this sailboat works, so I struggle. I hope I don't need that boat later--it's in the middle of nowhere now.

More
15 Sep 2017 15:24 #254311 by hotseatgames
I haven't been back to Zelda in many weeks. I stopped at the first big boss battle. I kind of hate boss battles.

More
15 Sep 2017 16:58 - 15 Sep 2017 16:59 #254319 by jeb
Which one? I am up in Fish Guy country and had to kill some demon-y dude inside a giant elephant. I don't think you have to go in order, but there was a way to beat this guy I got comfortable with. If that's the guy, he has two stages. One where he is swinging a huge spear around. You set up some Cryonis pillars as blockers and these make his spear explode and he turns into a ball and moves. After he moves, he takes like 10 seconds to get set up, and you can whale on him then. Set up some more Cryonis pillars to do more blocking. Make sure you are targeting, too, because his eye is weak, and you get more damage hitting that. Once he's down to 50%, he starts hanging from the ceiling and takes most of the floor away. Again, set up Cryonis pillars to disrupt his attacks. I kept my distance here, and just shot him with explosive arrows until he croaked. I preferred standing on the pillars to the floor, because he is tossing those radar ice cubes at you.
Last edit: 15 Sep 2017 16:59 by jeb.

More
15 Sep 2017 17:45 #254327 by hotseatgames
I think he's a big lion walking around upright.

More
15 Sep 2017 18:39 #254330 by jeb
Are you on a "mission" to get Shock Arrows near him? (Again, this is my Fish Guy area experience). If so, he is not a boss fight, and I would not fight him. He is way too tough. You can sneak around the rocks and stuff and eat some stealth foods to lower your chances of getting spotted. You make your way around the hillock where he roams, picking up arrows until you have 20 and then you can head to the top of the hill. (There are like four arrows up there, so you can start heading up there once you have 16). Some fish lady wants a picture of him though, and will give you fish guy pants if you show it to her.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

More
15 Sep 2017 22:41 - 15 Sep 2017 22:42 #254333 by Gary Sax
I started playing the game a couple weeks ago too. I like it. Combat is surprisingly unforgiving.
Last edit: 15 Sep 2017 22:42 by Gary Sax.

More
17 Sep 2017 03:49 - 17 Sep 2017 03:50 #254353 by Sevej
I immensely enjoy Shadow Warrior (2013). It's an FPS but your sword is very prominent here.

You play the likeable, trash-talking mercenary Lo Wang. As usual the game has its share of super power and leveling system, but in short, they're very fun. I play the game at its normal level (thus as intended on how it meant to be played), and I have the freedom of using sword moves, firearms, and special powers. Sword moves are very satisfying to use, and with the exception of firearms, you can use everything in your disposal. With firearms they are limited by ammo, but I NEVER run out of them. Some games have gadgets/powers, but usually they're limited by resource. Here I'm like a madman released from its cage. However, it does get repetitive halfway through.

Mind you, it's still by BarnesTM definition, shooting people in the face.
Last edit: 17 Sep 2017 03:50 by Sevej.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.703 seconds