October 09, 2023
2295 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2511 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
12 Jun 2018 11:26 #275203 by Not Sure

Legomancer wrote: I'm very disappointed by the Fallout 76 news. I'm a huge Fallout fanboy, but I am not interested in online play at all. Zero. Nada. In fact, I find it mind-boggling that anyone would look at the Internet climate, especially around video games, in the last three years and think, "what people really want is to interact with a bunch of random internet video game gentlemen!" I guess I can at least relax now that I am freed from having to pay attention to all things Fallout.

But hey, I still have No Man's Sky, right?

It's adding multiplayer.

Thankfully, that's supposedly opt-in, but still...there's so much I'd rather see in NMS than the chance to have WaffenWeed69 wreck my base.

But have you considered WaffenWeed69's very important feelings? If there aren't any n00bs to embarrass, what will he do?

How do you live with yourself?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Black Barney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2018 14:56 - 12 Jun 2018 15:01 #275221 by lj1983
I...kinda got bored with State of Decay 2. the vehicles... man, they annoy me. they run out of fuel (what's that...10GPM?) get stuck on any random piece of stuff sticking out...and so far I haven't figured out how to get an AI teammate to drive one home. I get it, its supposed to be played Co-op, but all my co-op frends are out on the east coast in VA, and I play in bits and spurts, so I rarely connect with them. So walking halfway across the map, by which time my character is 'tired' then repairing,fueling to drive it back is annoying. or driving a vehicle out there to pick up the new one. but Dumping the old car bothers my hoarder sensibilities.

So...back to Everspace. stupid, simple fun. Last run I got to sector 6? cool weapons, cool abilities. I had a module that would 'hack' an enemy ship and turn it into an ally. guns that shot homing lasers. the ability to slow down time for all my opponents. then I got swarmed at the end and all I want to do is dive back in. there's nothing else to the game. shoot bad guys, loot stuff, minor exploration of space-base and giant asteroid. die, upgrade, do it again.

I had damaged systems..Primary weapons firing at 50% rate, no nanobots to repair. Outlaw fighters and bombers were moving in, So I figured the end was soon. But I managed to fight through that area, using my hacked 'ally' for help, scavenged through an old colonial outpost and found just enough nanobots to repair my guns. 25% health, but I was able to upgrade my shields enough to get through another area, and find more nanobots to repair my hull.
Last edit: 12 Jun 2018 15:01 by lj1983.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
12 Jun 2018 15:06 #275224 by Black Barney
yeah, i tried Everspace a bunch and it got pretty repetitive. Plus, in terms of user experience, anytime I would warp out of sector (when I'm about to die), I'd feel super guilty for not 'completing' the previous sector. So that empty feeling sort of snowballs. I found I'd accidentally aggro friendly ships against me pretty often too.

I think I prefer the combat in Everspace to Elite Dangerous but I prefer the latter on pretty much every other metric. Especially the whole docking procedure which never got old for me.

I used to hate flight sims that would end the mission before I could land my plane. It's fun doing things start to finish.

More
12 Jun 2018 15:21 - 12 Jun 2018 15:23 #275229 by lj1983
yeah, docking in Elite is pretty freaking satisfying. getting the approach just right and adjust your speed to match up.

they must have tweaked the friendly fire settings, because I've definitely shot a couple G&B fighters on accident and not had any issues. I've also attacked them on purpose (or stolen stuff from their freighters) and been attacked.
Last edit: 12 Jun 2018 15:23 by lj1983.

More
12 Jun 2018 15:24 #275230 by Gary Sax
So I've put 29 hours in Cultist Simulator and I just finished a play... I've probably explored most of the game but I just want to go back in and beat it again. It's weird.

More
18 Jun 2018 00:06 #275656 by Disgustipater

hotseatgames wrote: PUBG continues to impress with their weekend events. War mode needs to be a permanent thing; this last weekend's event had everyone dropping into a small area, 3 10 person teams, and everyone was wearing Ghillie suits and had sniper rifles. It was also raining. Hell yes.

They ran this again this weekend and I got to play it this time. I liked it a lot. I really like the war modes that start you with rare weapons because it gives you a chance to practice with them. Here's some highlights from my time with it:

The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

More
18 Jun 2018 00:13 #275657 by Space Ghost
My wife and kids got me an Xbox One for father's day, so I am looking for games to check out. Of course, I imported my pinball games -- but sad to see all my highscores were gone.

Got the kids some lego games -- marvel and dimensions, as well as some racing games.

More
18 Jun 2018 08:37 #275668 by Black Barney
GTA V is enhanced on Xbox One and a great game

Inside is amazing, I’m playing it now

Prominence Poker is a fun free game, playing it now

Same with Magic Duels

Same with Battle Ages

More
18 Jun 2018 13:48 #275700 by boothwah
Diablo 3 is still a great couch co-op and my favorite arpg on xbone.

Recent indie games played/enjoyed from the Xbox store - all games your kids may dig

Grow Up
Speed Runners
Battle block Theatre
Terraria (side scrolling Minecraft)
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD

More
19 Jun 2018 08:23 #275739 by lj1983
EA access is an amazing thing on XBOX1, and if you can find a cheap price on gamepass, I've had a ton of fun with that.

More
19 Jun 2018 21:22 - 19 Jun 2018 21:23 #275782 by Sevej
Return to... Minecraft.

Yes, I'm still pulling cows, chickens, pigs and sheeps to my pastures. It's still fun as heck. Found a deep gorge near my farm that has a skeleton spawner also. Excellent. Got lots of irons. Fully armored, ready to go into the depths.
Last edit: 19 Jun 2018 21:23 by Sevej.

More
19 Jun 2018 23:25 #275784 by Colorcrayons
I'm still doing my occasional dive into Diablo3, like a crack face. Sometimes I just have to sit and binge mindless looting sprees for a few hours at a time. And now that treasure goblins are TwoFerOne during season 14 even for none seasonal games, my AngryChicken Witch Doctor is a meth aphetamine fueled zoom zoom that needs a shopping cart to carry all the loot.

Started playing Horizon Zero Dawn complete edition finally, after owning it for 9 moons.
Pretty fun so far, and I am digging the story setting. Just enough to not make it feel as an interactive movie like the uncharted games, but also not so open world that you're not lost and paralyzed by choices as we see in the Witcher.

I can see myself easily sticking with this one until completion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD

More
19 Jun 2018 23:39 #275786 by hotseatgames
My friend came over so we played some Mortal Kombat X and Door Kickers Action Squad. Good times.

More
23 Jun 2018 02:29 - 23 Jun 2018 02:31 #276064 by Colorcrayons
Playing Redout: Lightspeed Edition on PS4.

I own the Wip3out collection, yet Redout has better trance music (it feels like Juno Reactor, Man with no name, and other true 'Goa' staples from the mid 90's) but the gameplay is a more pure racing experience with less combat to get in the way.

It's quite mesmerizing, especially on levels where your muscle memory takes over and you dive into a zen like experience with the music and visuals. It gets my vote as best racer on PS4, without hesitation.

Mars levels are especially good. I even bought the Mars pack DLC and have no regrets.

That said, playing Wip3out on the free PSVR upgrade is a game changer. The game went from a good bit of nostalgia into a bona fide reason to invest in PSVR. I suppose the term 'killer app' is used in such cases.

Now if only Redout would release their long promised VR upgrade, I'd have no reason to cheat on Redout with it's mommy Wip3out.
Last edit: 23 Jun 2018 02:31 by Colorcrayons.

More
24 Jun 2018 20:31 - 24 Jun 2018 20:48 #276109 by Colorcrayons
Re: Diablo 3 on PS4

So after a few months of grinding the Caverns of Frost to kill Chilltara and hope she drops a Gibbering Gemstone last year, the gods of RNG have deemed that I acquire another one during last season, and one more a couple days ago.

So, if anyone wants this ridiculously hard to find component to craft a Staff of Herding that grants access to Whimseyshire, my player ID on PS is: "PSColorcrayons".

We can get in a game and I can drop it off for you. I don't want to just dump it because I don't need it. Somebody out there who plays on PS4 must want this.

[Edit]
These took so long for me to find, I even took screencaps of the events to commemorate their acquisition. As you can see from my paragon levels, they came very far apart.

Last edit: 24 Jun 2018 20:48 by Colorcrayons.
The following user(s) said Thank You: WadeMonnig

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.546 seconds