October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2509 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
24 Jun 2018 21:28 #276112 by boothwah

Colorcrayons wrote: Re: Diablo 3 on PS4

So after a few months of grinding the Caverns of Frost to kill Chilltara and hope she drops a Gibbering Gemstone last year, the gods of RNG have deemed that I acquire another one during last season, and one more a couple days ago.

So, if anyone wants this ridiculously hard to find component to craft a Staff of Herding that grants access to Whimseyshire, my player ID on PS is: "PSColorcrayons".

We can get in a game and I can drop it off for you. I don't want to just dump it because I don't need it. Somebody out there who plays on PS4 must want this.

[Edit]
These took so long for me to find, I even took screencaps of the events to commemorate their acquisition. As you can see from my paragon levels, they came very far apart.

If anyone wants a ride to Whimseyshire on Xbox one hit me up. Gamertag = boothwah

Man I did a lot of farming for that.

Are you doing the seasonal thing? I’m doing Barb this time. And I’m already up to torment x. Those seasonal sets are liken rocket boosters for progression. Anyhoo, never fancied barb before, but this Raekors charge build is stupid fun. You just smash your face into everything and it dies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jun 2018 22:23 - 24 Jun 2018 22:26 #276113 by Colorcrayons
I did a necromancer for the first time season before last. The Elohim wings were cool, but for some reason I never got my armor set sent to me even though I made double sure I had completed everything necessary to get it.

So I never bothered again since the teddy pet last season or the pennant this season isn't a good enough reason to risk not getting the rewards again. Kinda soured on the idea now.

But I'm doing a lot of grinding right now for Goblins now that this is the season of Greed. I have all pets now. Got the horadric hamburger and am averaging one rainbow per sitdown game session. Which for me is huge. I went an entire year only seeing one rainbow.

I'm not at the level I see a lot of YouTubers, eeking out really optimal builds for gameplay. I still rely on the ring of Royal grandeur in kanai's cube just to complete any set I have for a character I play. I'm nearly platinum level on the game.

I'm having ok fun with the game on occasion, but I'm real chomping at the bit for Diablo 4. I want and hope for a better, more compelling Diablo on my PS4 to burn my free time on.
Last edit: 24 Jun 2018 22:26 by Colorcrayons.

More
24 Jun 2018 23:39 - 26 Jun 2018 10:21 #276116 by hotseatgames
I bought the Betrayal at Calth PC game on Steam. It supports both regular and VR modes, but so far I've only done VR. It's neat standing next to a hulking space marine. It doesn't seem to have an option for floating up over the action, which would seem normal. I will try the regular PC mode when I get a chance. It's still in Early Access so hopefully some more features get added. I also don't know if the cards from the board game are in it.

UPDATE: I tried to get the PC mode to work. It doesn't. I think this game *could* get there some day, but they should not have released it in its current state, even to early access. I returned it.

Now I'll go back to drooling over Gladius.
Last edit: 26 Jun 2018 10:21 by hotseatgames.

More
26 Jun 2018 09:27 #276226 by lj1983
Gears of War 4 is on gamepass, so been burning through that. It is more Gears. so slick cover based combat. uber macho bro dudes spouting off one liners. The characters (never a strength of Gears) are more annoying than before. They are channeling deadpool/guardians of the galaxy style quips during combat, which feels kinda jarring. They are supposed to be younger than in the previous games.

One change that stuck out to me so far, is that you actually have ammo for the lancer, the iconic assault rifle for the Gears. So that's nice. No longer having to spend half the game using the Locust's Hammerburst simply because there is ammo for it. And it feels like this Gears leans more heavily on the "right before a big boss, here's a ton of ammo/weapons" trope.

I'm glad I didn't pay for it, but it is fun for what it is. too bad all my friends had moved on to other games a while back, so no co-op for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
03 Jul 2018 09:17 #276784 by Gary Sax
Picked up Hollow Knight and hoo boy is it good if you like metroidvania with some souls stuff. The environmental storytelling is really cool too.

More
03 Jul 2018 12:17 #276815 by lj1983
I got a SNES mini in trade (ended up costing me ~$50). I've had emulators on my wii for a while, but this is a sweet little system.

I've got to put chrono trigger and Mario64 on it before I'll be happy. But super happy playing through Link to the Past and Secret of Mana right now.

More
03 Jul 2018 21:12 #276836 by Menat

lj1983 wrote: I got a SNES mini in trade (ended up costing me ~$50). I've had emulators on my wii for a while, but this is a sweet little system.

I've got to put chrono trigger and Mario64 on it before I'll be happy. But super happy playing through Link to the Past and Secret of Mana right now.

I've been playing through the Secret of Mana redux that just came out and really enjoying it. That being said, for every interesting successful reimagined element there is something lost from the original that I miss.

More
04 Jul 2018 02:30 #276855 by san il defanso
I jumped into the Steam summer sale with one last impulse buy, grabbing the remasters of Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II for $5 each. I've only put in a couple hours on the first game (this is my first experience) but in my D&D-obsessed world right now it's exactly what I want to play. It's proved to me that my taste in PC games is pretty much frozen in roughly 1997-2002.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, Colorcrayons

More
04 Jul 2018 08:27 #276862 by Black Barney
I think that’s where I am too. Just finished INSIDE which is basically an awesome Another World

More
04 Jul 2018 09:05 #276863 by Gary Sax

san il defanso wrote: I jumped into the Steam summer sale with one last impulse buy, grabbing the remasters of Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II for $5 each. I've only put in a couple hours on the first game (this is my first experience) but in my D&D-obsessed world right now it's exactly what I want to play. It's proved to me that my taste in PC games is pretty much frozen in roughly 1997-2002.

The good news is that people are obsessed with remaking games very similar to it, so you still have the pillars of eternity series.
The following user(s) said Thank You: san il defanso

More
05 Jul 2018 10:31 #276914 by san il defanso
Yeah, I'm digging the game, but it's subtitle could definitely be called "Quick-Save Quest." I feel like I'm constantly saving to keep from losing party members constantly. It's a pretty brutal game, but I am enjoying it for sure. It's just tough as nails.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
05 Jul 2018 17:31 - 05 Jul 2018 17:32 #276937 by Gary Sax
AD&D was never the tightest system. It gets weird at higher levels too, like in Throne of Bhaal.
Last edit: 05 Jul 2018 17:32 by Gary Sax.

More
05 Jul 2018 18:21 #276941 by Black Barney
Yeah jRPG systems tend to be tighter

More
05 Jul 2018 18:36 #276943 by Colorcrayons
I pine for titles like Baldurs gate on console.

I have the entire gamut for my PC, spanning from Pool of Radiance era all the way to Temple of elemental evil.

But I want a similar experience on console. Pillars of eternity is about as close as we get. Though Divinity is really good, it's actually too good. It's far too detailed for the time I have to dedicate.

I need Diablo, but with a better plotline.

More
05 Jul 2018 19:17 #276944 by Black Barney
I miss Pool of Radiance and using graph paper. Did you play the Buck Rogers games too?

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.498 seconds