October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2508 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
17 Jul 2018 11:11 #277765 by Black Barney
Lego! I just saw that No Mans Sky is coming to Xbox One! Seems like something both Pete and I would like

Now if I can only get those Ellie games too...
The following user(s) said Thank You: bendgar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2018 20:34 #277798 by hotseatgames
The PUBG test server now lets you make custom games just for your friends, and you can set all kinds of parameters like respawns, etc. It's really cool. Still has a way to go in terms of functionality, but an awesome start.

More
18 Jul 2018 10:02 #277814 by Jexik
Cardhunter is still amazing. They haven't released anything "new" in awhile, but I stop in every day or 3 to do a Quick Draw league. It's one of my favorite draft formats of anything, ever.

More
18 Jul 2018 10:22 #277815 by Gary Sax
I played a lot of the campaign until high levels (sci fi campaign?) but I haven't checked in with it in ages. You play MP?

More
18 Jul 2018 11:33 #277825 by Jexik

Gary Sax wrote: I played a lot of the campaign until high levels (sci fi campaign?) but I haven't checked in with it in ages. You play MP?

After Sci Fi they went Horror and added Werewolves (transformed warriors), Vampires (priests), and ethereals/ghost (wizards), and zombifying people as a curse. They add new silver damage to deal with the wolves and some of their associated armor cards. It's a neat distraction and possible build.

Yes, I play MP. It's a bit different because it's WAY more oriented on maneuvering than the campaign, but it's one of my favorite tactical minis games around. Few other games make positioning and deckbuilding as interesting, imo.

More
18 Jul 2018 13:45 - 18 Jul 2018 13:45 #277836 by Gary Sax
It was very good. I should look back into it, it might be about my speed right now. I was never any good at it. You play with randos?
Last edit: 18 Jul 2018 13:45 by Gary Sax.

More
18 Jul 2018 14:19 #277839 by lj1983
Been playing Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky.

I'm not sure why, but I'm addicted. The combat isn't anything special (basic JRPG attack/magic/special attack with some strategy RPG mixed in). the writing is decent, though the story is alittle slow going. the characters are fun. But I can't turn it off. maybe I'm just jonesing for some throwback JRPG feeling.

More
18 Jul 2018 17:46 #277857 by Jexik

Gary Sax wrote: It was very good. I should look back into it, it might be about my speed right now. I was never any good at it. You play with randos?

Yup, I play with randos. As you go through the campaign more, you'll gradually get more stuff. Some of that laser gear is pretty good for high level guys.

Quick Draw is neat because it's a draft- so you're on equal, but super random footing card-wise. You keep getting to see 3 cards and then pick one, and then each guy on your team has a neat little 7 card deck. Here's a decent primer.

forums.cardhunter.com/threads/a-guide-to-quick-draw.6452/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
18 Jul 2018 19:12 #277866 by bendgar
Just throwing this out there for fellow Xbox One players, there is a massive sale at the online store for just about every good game on the system. It may be Gold subscribers only.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
18 Jul 2018 19:18 #277867 by Black Barney
Yeah it’s mostly for Gold members but I think some of the deals are for everyone. I saw Risk for six bucks.

So the base game of DISNEY Infinity plays a bit like a glorified demo. It’s ok and Emily loves it so who cares. I decided to buy some playsets and extra figures and now the game has really opened up. I bought her Dory with the Finding Dory playset and that alone has been an amazing purchase. Tons of gaming in there and exploring and world building. It’s amazing

I also bought Captsin America, Ultron and the Marvel Battlegrounds playset which I hear plays like Super smash Bros? Looking forward to that

More
19 Jul 2018 08:53 #277893 by lj1983
Blood Bowl 2 is $5. I enjoyed it on gamepass, so at that price i'll jump on it. I think I can wait alittle bit more for shadow of war. eventually it'll hit the $10 mark like shadow of mordor did.

More
21 Jul 2018 16:53 #278063 by Hex Sinister
I finally joined the modern world by getting an Xbox One X and five games. We got a budget 4K HDR 55" to play on as well. Bye bye 720p!

Diablo III is our all time favorite and it looks freaking amazing. Detail is spectacular and it runs like butter.

Also got Halo Master Chief Collection because couch co/op or splitscreen titles are practically zero for this generation. That really bummed me out. I'm not even a big Halo fan either. The future wife doesn't like Gears of War so that's out... I'm not a big fan of it either but beggars can't be choosers, right? Oh well. Anyway, haven't run this yet since they're in the process of remastering for 4K so I'll wait a month or so.

Fallout 4 seems pretty cool so far and I'm super excited to play the new DOOM. Only got a quick test drive with that.

Shadow of Mordor is pretty fun so far. Might get a bit repetitive but I love slaying orcs so it's cool. Learning curve was a little higher than I expected. I've promoted so many Uruks that I think my interference has only made things worse for Middle Earth!

Lastly, Path of Exile which is basically Diablo II. I really shouldn't complain about this one since it's FREE but I keep falling asleep. It's like 15 minutes of killing monsters then 30 minutes of inventory management where you read and compare 12 lines of stats on all your different items and zzzzzzz... That's just not for me. I like the simplified way D3 does it way better. I think I'll have more fun with Divinity: Original Sin.

Thinking of picking up one of the Assasins Creed games since I've never really played any of those but don't really know which to get. Same with Far Cry. Anthem looks pretty awesome so I'll probably get that one.

More
21 Jul 2018 17:45 #278069 by Black Barney
Ack! What a bunch of crap!

Hmmm for Assassins Creed, I really enjoyed Black Flag once you get out of Havana. Open water exploration and diving and hunting and naval Battle was all amazing , truly. And Freedom Cry might be the best DLC I have ever played.

More
22 Jul 2018 18:07 #278157 by Hex Sinister
Heh, sorry I didn't get Fortnite. =P

Ok, I'll check that out. I was wondering if I should bother starting at the beginning but that's a lot of catching up.

More
22 Jul 2018 19:11 #278161 by Black Barney
Make sure you skip Fortnite too. It’s not good, it’s just free that’s all

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 2.334 seconds