October 09, 2023
2460 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2661 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
13 Aug 2018 11:00 #279652 by RobertB
Black Barney wrote:

Lol, what a conflicted post!! what a great one to mark as your 1,000th post!! Welcome to the 1k club!

as you can see, one of the perks is that you can now use more exclamation marks liberally.

I feel humble, yet proud!!!!

(Actually I thought post 1K was me busting on my brother in Ganz Wurst Whatchamacallit.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2018 12:20 #279910 by Gary Sax
Overcooked 2. More overcooked, with some more elaborate set pieces.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colorcrayons

More
21 Aug 2018 15:50 #280121 by lj1983
I finished a game. I almost never finish games. Ori and the Blind Forest. Really freaking good. and the 'escape' areas that everyone bitches about....some of my favorite parts.

I picked up a Vita for really cheap. I feel alittle bad...I think the lady I bought it from was selling her son's PSVita as punishment for something.

Not something I'd pay full price for, but for my hour long bus rides...this thing is awesome. Fez, Darkest Dungeon, Hollow Knight all on the go. Then on top of that you've got things like Persona4, Little Big Planet, Tearaway, Legends of Heroes. ha, at this rate in 4 or 5 years I'll pick up a switch and compare them then.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Black Barney, Colorcrayons

More
21 Aug 2018 15:55 #280122 by Black Barney
Persona4 should be top of your list. Rayman Origins is excellent too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, lj1983, Colorcrayons

More
21 Aug 2018 17:05 #280124 by jeb
Vita kicks ass, seriously. The whole world loves playing shitty games on their phones, but they can play some crazy good games if they invest a little bit. I love HOTLINE MIAMI, OLLI OLLI, GUACAMELEE, SPELUNKY on that scale. Amazing stuff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lj1983, Frohike, Colorcrayons, SaMoKo, BillyBobThwarton

More
21 Aug 2018 17:55 #280128 by Erik Twice
I finally hooked up my monitors and been playing Gradius II on it. It was always a beautiful game but the glow of the CRT makes it looks so much lively. When you cross the burning suns of the first stage, the screen lits up and it becommes incredibly immersive. One of my favourite games, really glad I can play it again.

I've also been playing Solomon's Key and wow, this is a clever game. Probably the best puzzle-platformer I've ever played and by a wide margin. It's not just better level design, the way it handles repeated play, having different solutions and difficulty is amazingly smart.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
22 Aug 2018 22:32 #280196 by Colorcrayons

lj1983 wrote: I finished a game. I almost never finish games. Ori and the Blind Forest. Really freaking good. and the 'escape' areas that everyone bitches about....some of my favorite parts.

I picked up a Vita for really cheap. I feel alittle bad...I think the lady I bought it from was selling her son's PSVita as punishment for something.

Not something I'd pay full price for, but for my hour long bus rides...this thing is awesome. Fez, Darkest Dungeon, Hollow Knight all on the go. Then on top of that you've got things like Persona4, Little Big Planet, Tearaway, Legends of Heroes. ha, at this rate in 4 or 5 years I'll pick up a switch and compare them then.

I use mine to grind Diablo III on commutes.
It's an underrated thing, this vita.

But I still play my PSP every once in a while too, because some games are too good to die.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
22 Aug 2018 23:15 #280198 by BillyBobThwarton
Picked up the Rise and Fall expansion during a recent steam promotion and I am once again trying to wrap my head around Civ 6. I cannot figure out if I love or hate this game. My history has been to get maybe 4 ages into a game and then want to start all over to take advantage of all the hard earned lessons. What I wouldn't give to have a 90's era 100 page manual to chew on in bed so that I can better understand the mechanisms. I look back on Civ 4 with such fond memories. I suppose this is me getting old...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
23 Aug 2018 09:05 #280212 by Gary Sax
I should buy that expansion. I'm a dirty, known 6 preferer.

More
23 Aug 2018 20:51 #280268 by SaMoKo
Played some No Mans Sky with the Next stuff added. It was alright but really plodding and dull so I put on a podcast and god baked out of my head and suddenly the monsters walking around and random environmental firestorms freaked me out. So I built a hut, leaving my inventory as the only stress left. Fuck alien languages, seriously. I just need to know what insults to scream until the freaks leave me in peace.

I view No Man’s Sky as the polar opposite of Elite: Dangerous, which is the game I prefer of the two. One is all planet stuff, the other is all spaceships in space. My interest has always been in massive stellar bodies and inconprehehensible destructive cosmic forces; buzzing a red giant as I plot a course to a neutron star that could melt my eyes out with cancer is pretty cool. I already live in a planet with weird shit I don’t understand and fear, gimme some primal forces and kick ass dogfights.

All that said, No Man’s Sky is pretty good. I give it an enthusiastic 4 spaceships out of an rapidly expanding universe that will one day disperse itself into nothingness.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Gary Sax, Black Barney

More
29 Aug 2018 12:09 #280621 by Jexik
Into the Breach is out on Mac and Switch now. Y'all should play it.

More
29 Aug 2018 12:23 #280627 by Gary Sax
Into the Breach is EXTREMELY good.

More
29 Aug 2018 12:28 #280628 by hotseatgames
I just pre-ordered the new Rune game that comes out 9-19. I really haven't been following it that closely, but the old Rune multiplayer was so thoroughly engaging, if this is anywhere near that, I'll be more than happy.

More
29 Aug 2018 19:03 #280705 by jeb
Pardon my French, but what the cocking fuck is going on with the Nintendo Switch? It's like a Vita (all the cool indies) that gets MARIO. I am going crazy here. Is this ultimate system? If they manage to make a halfway affordable NES/SNES/N64/GC thing I don't think I will ever buy another console ever again.*

*This message likely does not resonate with their Marketing department, hence their utterly shitty Virtual Console offerings to date

More
30 Aug 2018 13:42 #280772 by the_jake_1973
Firewall Zero Hour is pretty damn fun. A great way to get into PSVR.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.990 seconds