October 09, 2023
2455 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2657 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
30 Aug 2018 14:22 - 30 Aug 2018 14:23 #280774 by hotseatgames
Randomly loaded up Hotline Miami 2 and started it over the other night. I only played through that game once and always intended to do it again. I beat the first game twice. For me to replay a game tells you how much I love it, since I rarely beat a game at all.

That game controls so well, and the action is so furious. It's as cathartic as it is hyper-violent.
Last edit: 30 Aug 2018 14:23 by hotseatgames.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2018 15:10 #280926 by Hex Sinister
Finished METRO and the sequel Last Light. Very enjoyable but I would have liked more varied and wierd monsters. THere are certainly some panicky moments when you run out of air filters. Might replay the series on Ranger mode in the future.

Nearing the end of Rise of the Tomb Raider. Graphics are gorgeous and it's fantastic production-wise. Even the voice acting is good. The combat aspect though... Man, it's so easy and I'm not even a great player. Like you can take out a whole camp of mercs with just a climbing pick if you want and I mean without stealth. I should have played it on a higher difficulty but it's too late now and I'm not certain that this is a game that I would want to play again.

HALO WARS isn't exciting me too much. I can't put my finger on why exactly. Playing an RTS on console is kind of dumb and frustrating. It's not just that though it's kind of uninspired. Solid seven.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

More
01 Sep 2018 16:09 #280929 by SaMoKo

jeb wrote: Pardon my French, but what the cocking fuck is going on with the Nintendo Switch? It's like a Vita (all the cool indies) that gets MARIO. I am going crazy here. Is this ultimate system? If they manage to make a halfway affordable NES/SNES/N64/GC thing I don't think I will ever buy another console ever again.*

*This message likely does not resonate with their Marketing department, hence their utterly shitty Virtual Console offerings to date

They listened to the complaints about the shitty tablet on the WiiU, then doubled down on the tablet by removing the console and now people GET IT.

I think the moral of the story is gamers are dumb and companies should do the opposite of whatever asked lol

*check out Octopussy Traveler
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, Black Barney, Frohike

More
04 Sep 2018 08:56 #281033 by the_jake_1973
If you like FPS games, you owe it to yourself to buy a PSVR, an Aim controller, and FireWall: Zero Hour. 4v4 squad tactics on well laid out maps. The advancement grind is pretty heavy, but good tactics will beat a better weapon every time.

I've always been pretty lukewarm on shooters that aren't in the WW2 arena. This has converted me and I don't think I will be going back to a flat screen anytime soon.

If more players would use their mic, it would make matching with randos better. They do have a way to squad up, but the matching for those lobbies seem kind of spotty right now. I spent quite a few hours in game this weekend clearing rooms and throwing frags.

Get this game!

More
04 Sep 2018 09:51 #281052 by Matt Thrower
Been playing a lot of Two Point Hospital over the weekend. It's one of those games that you can just lose hours to without even realising they've gone by. It doesn't seem to be that hard to make a functional hospital but, hey, that's not where the fun is: the fun is trying to make a *good* hospital without about eleventy-billion things to control and juggle and fiddle with while the damn patients crap on the floor, or die and have their ghosts terrify your staff.

More
07 Sep 2018 19:23 #281277 by WadeMonnig
Anyone check out the Williams tables for pinball fx3. Not sure if it is steam only at this time.

More
07 Sep 2018 23:11 #281282 by Josh Look
I’m a lifelong Nintendo fanatic, especially of the NES/SNES era, but man, the Switch is the best thing they’ve ever done.

More
07 Sep 2018 23:26 #281283 by hotseatgames
Played some Quake Champions with some friends. Man, that's fun stuff. But the people online... they are savages. Come correct or prepared to die.

More
07 Sep 2018 23:47 - 08 Sep 2018 11:40 #281284 by Gary Sax
Yeah, it's that ultimate truism with online games---if the game has been out for more than a few months and you have just started... deadeyes.
Last edit: 08 Sep 2018 11:40 by Gary Sax.

More
08 Sep 2018 09:16 #281285 by Ah_Pook
Battlecon Online is on Steam early Access now, and i played some games last night. That game is really fun as long as your playing against someone approximately your skill level. It being an online game, I got absolutely wrecked most of my games, and it was less fun. But it seems like a good implementation of the system, and it's free with all the characters unlocked while it's in early Access.

Also, I'm entirely hooked on Dragon Quest 11. It's exactly what you think it is if you've ever played a Dragon Quest game before. I'm loving it.

More
08 Sep 2018 11:14 #281286 by Michael Barnes

Josh Look wrote: I’m a lifelong Nintendo fanatic, especially of the NES/SNES era, but man, the Switch is the best thing they’ve ever done.

I have owned virtually every video game console except the Atari 7800 and Xbox One.

Switch is the best game console I have ever owned.

More
08 Sep 2018 11:42 - 08 Sep 2018 13:05 #281287 by Gary Sax
Spider Man is getting good reviews, anyone playing it? Interested to hear, I'm on wait and see as I'm a bit open worlded out.

I've never liked spider Man but as I get older I find myself liking him more. I think I've started to have my fill of "complicated" pessimistic superheroes after 30 years of being into them. Could be I find the world complete exhausting and depressing these days so I don't need it in my escapism. I don't really need the punisher in my life, thanks.
Last edit: 08 Sep 2018 13:05 by Gary Sax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
08 Sep 2018 13:02 #281288 by Black Barney
Is the library for the Switch really that good? I get that it exceeded expectations after the disasters of the two Wii’s but it sure seems early to say it’s the best console of all time

Im glad Nintendo is doing well, I wouldn’t want them ever to go away

More
08 Sep 2018 13:06 #281289 by Gary Sax
The original Wii was anything but a disaster. I didn't care for it but it was an astounding success. The Wii u, now that's a different story.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
08 Sep 2018 23:14 - 08 Sep 2018 23:17 #281306 by Josh Look
The Wii (the first one) is one of my favorite consoles to collect for. There are sooooooo many hidden gems for it and it’s all pretty inexpensive. There was plenty of shovelware, sure, but there was also a whole lot of good stuff nobody paid attention to.

Wii U...yeesh. When I parted ways with mine, I had 7 games with it. That was all the good ones.

The Switch though...Yeah, it’s really that good. There’s a lot of great exclusives, almost all the classic Nintendo franchises have their best game to date on it, and while there’s a ton of indie stuff you can play on any system, the portable aspect of the Switch makes stuff like that even better. I have a 3DS and I go back to it every once in awhile, but the Switch’s handheld mode really caught me by surprise. It is not to be underestimated.

We’re getting what is said to be the definitive edition of Diablo 3 in November. Then a Civilization game a couple weeks later. Diablo and Civ on a handheld system. My life will be over.
Last edit: 08 Sep 2018 23:17 by Josh Look.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.510 seconds