October 09, 2023
2290 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2507 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
09 Sep 2018 21:13 #281362 by Disgustipater

Sevej wrote: Just telling you guys... "difficult games", "rogue-like", and "procedural generated" are buzzwords used by lazy developers to pad out their games. Not all, but most.

Yeah, but if done right, they can be pretty amazing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh Look, Colorcrayons

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Sep 2018 14:02 #281391 by Hex Sinister

hotseatgames wrote: I fell off of Rage pretty quickly. I liked the shooting. Unfortunately the game seemed determined to throw a lot of stuff in my way to keep me from the shooting. Yes, driving in Borderlands sucks, but Borderlands is 20x the game that Rage is.

Borderlands was so good that I played it so much that now I can't stand it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames, Frohike

More
10 Sep 2018 15:57 #281403 by the_jake_1973
Another dozen hours or so in FireWall: Zero Hour over the weekend. I can't go back to flat screen shooters. I need to get some of you lot on board so we can get a Fort Squad set up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SuperflyPete

More
13 Sep 2018 09:00 #281524 by RobertB
I reinstalled Mass Effect. It's still pretty good. It does look like a 10-year-old game, but I can stand that. One thing that I have to be sure to remind myself of is to quick save a little more frequently. I was about a half hour into a long mission involving Matriarch Benezia that, surprisingly enough, I had never played before. I had driven the Mako to hell and back, and was way inside a building. At one point I opened the elevator and about a million mobs jumped me. Restored to the last save, and I was back in the garage where I started. Well, shit. I guess the game was trying to tell me that it was time for bed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Black Barney

More
13 Sep 2018 09:50 #281525 by Black Barney
ah yes, the mission on Noveria with the Rachni. I made the mistake of doing that one first on Insanity difficulty before I had leveled up using 'easier' missions like Feros or side-quests. The final battle must have taken me at least 50 tries.

I can't remember how auto-saving worked in that game but it sounds like it wasn't very good :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: RobertB

More
13 Sep 2018 11:07 #281529 by RobertB
Thinking back on it, I had played it before. I remember having to get the garage pass to get to the garage, etc, etc.

re: quicksave. Bioware's Dragon Age: Origins was the same way. Don't be shy about leaning on the quicksave key, unless you like starting some monster mission from square one.

I might go out and grab a bunch of mods to make it look a little better. It's fun, but a little ugly compared to 2018's state-of-the-art.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
13 Sep 2018 15:36 #281558 by Black Barney
i know this is a selfish request, but keep posting about your gaming experiences with Mass Effect. It lets me revisit the game which I loved so much.

It's really fun to hear about.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RobertB

More
13 Sep 2018 22:43 #281578 by hotseatgames
I got Dead Cells on the Switch. Damn, that game is cool! It's already way better than Rogue Legacy, which is the closest thing to it that I have played. We will see how far I get, but I can see me spending some time here.

More
14 Sep 2018 23:00 #281653 by Gary Sax
Any of you guys playing Frozen Synapse 2? What do you think? It has a great look and it's getting some good reviews... very tempted.

More
15 Sep 2018 00:22 #281655 by hotseatgames
The first Synapse didn’t grab me the way I expected it to.

Got to the first boss in Dead Cells tonight. This game is awesome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
16 Sep 2018 23:15 #281722 by hotseatgames
Got to the first boss (Concierge) again in Dead Cells. I have around 3 1/2 to 4 hours in the game so far and am still loving it. I got the boss down to about half this time. I was poorly equipped to deal with him; I was still using the starter sword!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
18 Sep 2018 11:21 #281816 by SaMoKo
Toad used to be one of my favourite characters in Mario Kart. As of today, he’s been RUINED. Thanks, America.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney

More
18 Sep 2018 11:39 #281818 by Black Barney
George Takei tweeted, "Whatever you do, please do NOT go figure out why Toad and Mario Cart are trending today."

...i wish I had listened :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, SaMoKo

More
18 Sep 2018 12:28 #281820 by hotseatgames
I found out by accident. :/

More
18 Sep 2018 12:44 #281821 by jeb
I have to imagine we are the generation that knows the most about Presidential dick shapes and coloration. Though to be fair, Barbara Bush just missed knowing the shape and size of FOUR Presidential dicks, RIP.

In actual on-topic news, I am trying to get into DESTINY 2, but it seems so sluggish. You need to invest some serious hours before you feel like you are doing anything cool.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, sornars

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.892 seconds