October 09, 2023
2291 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2510 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
28 Jan 2019 19:28 #290821 by Gary Sax
The last boss is such a huge misstep in that game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jexik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jan 2019 20:26 #290823 by Disgustipater
Do you just fight it however you end up there, or do you prepare your ship and follow the "specific steps" to maximize your chances?

More
28 Jan 2019 21:14 - 28 Jan 2019 21:35 #290825 by jeb
Trying to remember how I beat FTL with Zoltan. I want to say it was with the Glaive Beam, Cloaking, and 2x Shields. Maybe my archive shows the build.*

Almost to lvl70 with a Seasonal Witch Doctor in D3 I started a few days ago. Need to get to 70 to start collecting the Set (Aracyhr) pieces and then I can really explode. Just cruising on Master now around 62, should probably jump to T1, but I am lazy. Right now I throw lots of Haunts, point Burning Dogs and a Leviathan at things, and vomit Acid Lakes all over the place. I can blink into another dimension if things get hairy or sparse. Only risks are Molten bombs, Arcane (of course), and if a stack of those charging bulls catches me sleeping.

*//edit
I don't see any details in my archive, but I do see both of my Zoltan wins with Advanced (one A, one B ). So I would guess flak guns and ion guns, probably with a hacking unit to break the missiles.
Last edit: 28 Jan 2019 21:35 by jeb.

More
28 Jan 2019 21:24 #290826 by hotseatgames
I'm re-installing DOOM 2016. I'm tired of playing games that aren't as good as this one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, Frohike, Colorcrayons, Vysetron

More
28 Jan 2019 21:27 #290827 by Vysetron

hotseatgames wrote: I'm re-installing DOOM 2016. I'm tired of playing games that aren't as good as this one.

God I fucking love DOOM. The older ones, the recent one, all of it.

Played through Human Fall Flat with some friends this weekend. What a great physics toy. Not sure it was worth the asking price for what's on offer, but the experience definitely was.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames, Frohike

More
28 Jan 2019 21:35 #290828 by Gary Sax

Disgustipater wrote: Do you just fight it however you end up there, or do you prepare your ship and follow the "specific steps" to maximize your chances?

This is actually my beef with it. The game is this beautiful cornucopia of approaches, then you get to the end and... turns out only like 3 of them were right.

More
28 Jan 2019 22:23 #290838 by Black Barney
Played through the demo for RE2 tonight, in the dark. Pretty scary stuff. I think I’d really like this game. Gotta finish RDR2 tho...
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames, Frohike

More
29 Jan 2019 01:57 #290846 by Colorcrayons

hotseatgames wrote: I'm re-installing DOOM 2016. I'm tired of playing games that aren't as good as this one.

I really need to set up a mouse and keyboard on my PS4. Doom is hard as fuck using a standard dualshock 4 controller.

Regardless of difficulty with the controller, I still play it. I am still playing Doom VFR a bit more though. The controls are pretty superb on the gun once you've sat with it a bit. Making it even better than mouse/keyboard. Plus, VR.

I too am sick of games not being as good as Doom.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

More
29 Jan 2019 03:13 - 29 Jan 2019 03:13 #290847 by Michael Barnes
Doom 2016 is the best video game of the modern age. It is absolutely perfexf in every way. It is also the best FPS of all time.
Last edit: 29 Jan 2019 03:13 by Michael Barnes.

More
29 Jan 2019 05:03 #290850 by san il defanso
I guess I'm in an isometric RPG kind of place, because I'm splitting time between Torchlight 2 when I feel like mowing down monsters, and Baldur's Gate when I feel like letting the monsters mow me down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frohike

More
29 Jan 2019 09:10 - 29 Jan 2019 09:11 #290858 by Legomancer
Still on Fallout 4 replay. I got some perk tips and now my classy no-armor pistol guy is able to take on Super Mutants. I'm even doing companions, tho all I have is Piper with a shotgun. She's tried to flirt with me but eff that noise, I don't fuck video game people. Livingston Frost is all business.

He finally found a tuxedo but honestly he looks better in his Clean Tan Suit. I need to build him a place to store all his crap.
Last edit: 29 Jan 2019 09:11 by Legomancer.

More
29 Jan 2019 09:55 #290865 by hotseatgames

Michael Barnes wrote: Doom 2016 is the best video game of the modern age. It is absolutely perfexf in every way. It is also the best FPS of all time.

It is perfect, on its single player merits. Best FPS of all time.... I might pick Quake 1.

More
29 Jan 2019 11:36 - 29 Jan 2019 11:46 #290883 by Jexik

Disgustipater wrote: Do you just fight it however you end up there, or do you prepare your ship and follow the "specific steps" to maximize your chances?

After getting frustrated I looked up some strategies.  Most strategies for beating the final boss revolve around killing all but the laser guy with boarding, because the enemy crew carries over between missions; which is hard to do when you start with 3 Zoltans.* I tried mostly with the Zoltan B. The 2x Ion Blast and 1x Pike beam works well on everything through about sector 6 as you just boost your defenses and maybe pick up some droids and the cloaking device, but the extra shields that final boss has make it a little tougher to use beam weapons that served you so well the rest of the game. Need a bit more punch to bring their shields down and then use the beams, but that doesn't work as well, especially when I got boarded in stage 3 and then torn up with the super weapon. If my cloaking gets destroyed I'm in trouble too.

*I goofed around with an early crew teleporter with a human and a mantis that I got early, but then I accidentally blew up the enemy ship before I could pull them out. LOL. And by LOL I mean "shit."

As an elder millennial who bought an XBOX because he was a bungie and mac fanboy, it is my duty to proclaim that Halo is the best FPS ever. I might concede and say *console* FPS, but playing it on LAN at college was some of best gaming experiences of any kind ever. (I also had a PSX instead of a N64, so I wouldn't give that title to Goldeneye either). The power of the grenades, melee, and about 4-5 of the 8 weapons being great in their own situations** really made it fun. And having 4 people per box with other people down the hall in their suites on the same network was so smooth. Even though he's actually kind of lame, Master Chief is up there with Mario and Sonic when it comes to console defining characters.

**Even the needler could be good against someone who decided not to move when sniping or something, and it was a great way to taunt.
Last edit: 29 Jan 2019 11:46 by Jexik.

More
29 Jan 2019 12:24 #290889 by lj1983
Still lots of Ark with the kids. I realized you can't split screen while playing on server...so the whole idea of another xbox and playing on a island hosted on my PC is borked. oh well.

my kids busted the screen on my PSVITA, so I finally repaired that. I had started Persona4 on the bus ride to/from work....and didn't like it. I think the whole 'life simulator' part of it tripped me up. I wanted to make the 'right' decision....and there's to many options to make the right one. So I picked it up again and with that in mind, i'm enjoying it a lot more. the battle options open up once your guys level alittle.

I picked up a 3DS in the recent gamestop sale, and modded it. So going to load up some Pokémon for the boys to play, and some Zelda and Luigi's Mansion for me I think.

More
29 Jan 2019 16:13 #290987 by jeb
Track down LOCK'S QUEST and MIGHT & MAGIC: CLASH OF HEROES on the DS platform. Those games were great and don't get the respect they deserve.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Black Barney, Vysetron

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 1.293 seconds