October 09, 2023
2507 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2706 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
30 May 2019 10:45 - 30 May 2019 10:46 #297787 by Gary Sax
Yeah, I've never had time to try new builds besides the first choice either (cane whip). It is such a weirdly designed game in that there are gun and arcane magic buids with all the super weird late game items but they are pretty much new game plus only *and* you have to play your entire original play through planning to get them.

I do think Bloodborne splits the difference nicely to be different styles but not to provide you with endless weapons like DS that aren't always super distinct.
Last edit: 30 May 2019 10:46 by Gary Sax.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vysetron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2019 11:24 #297793 by Vysetron
The trick weapon system is what elevates BB's weapons from good to great. A fair number of them work similarly when in their base mode, but when transformed they're so wildly different and distinct from each other that any given one is someone's favorite.

The stats leading to build inflexibility is frustrating, I won't lie. If a future FS game dragged Bloodborne's weapons and systems in but removed requirements and adjusted scaling accordingly it'd basically be perfect as far as I'm concerned.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
30 May 2019 11:30 #297794 by Gary Sax
Watching videos of people using like the cthulu tentacle arm, the parasite head, or the cannon to fuck up enemies always makess me super jealous. But I don't have that kind of time for a limited novelty payoff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vysetron

More
30 May 2019 11:49 #297796 by Vysetron
Some day I'll run an arcane build and sprint to grab the tonitrus/boom hammer. Then I can actually use all the cool magic tools that I've never gotten to touch.

More
02 Jun 2019 18:50 #297942 by birdman37
Currently having a ball playing Overcooked, with my daughter. SOOO much fun! We'd progressed all the way to area 4 level 2, before we were locked out due to not having enough stars to proceed further. We were scratching our heads wondering how the hell we were supposed to do any better than we had. At that point we both discovered that there was a third button function on the controller that neither of us had noticed until now - sprint!

Minds BLOWN. Looking forward to tonight's session!
The following user(s) said Thank You: jpat, Ah_Pook

More
02 Jun 2019 19:49 #297943 by hotseatgames
I thought the writing for Ghost Recon Wildlands was bad.

Then I played the tutorial for Call of Duty Black Ops 4. Holy shit.... such awful dialog. I suspect they had a wager to see how many times they could make the voice actors say shit and fuck. HARDCORE

More
02 Jun 2019 20:58 - 02 Jun 2019 20:59 #297944 by Ah_Pook
I've played BO4 for ~230 hours and haven't even booted that nonsense up. It sounded awful. The last COD campaign I played was Black Ops 3 I think and that was pretty pretty bad. The last good COD campaign was probably MW3, though there have been some that were at least enjoyable enough to play through since then. I'm vaguely hoping the new modern warfare one next year will be entertaining in that regard but I'm not really holding my breath at this point. More than anything I want Spec Ops mode back from MW3, I loved that.
Last edit: 02 Jun 2019 20:59 by Ah_Pook.

More
02 Jun 2019 21:22 #297946 by hotseatgames
If they bring back Spec Ops, they have a good chance of getting my money. I'm not a CoD fan, but I loved Spec Ops.

More
03 Jun 2019 18:51 - 03 Jun 2019 18:52 #297965 by Ah_Pook
Man you can get some ridiculous stuff going in slay the spire. I was fighting the awakened one boss, and he awoke, and I rekilled him with a single hit. Demon Form+ + Limit Break+ + Heavy Sword -> 484 dmg felt pretty good. Seems like you could do similarly stupid stuff with Catalysts with the Silent character. I haven't tried the third guy yet so I dunno about them.
Last edit: 03 Jun 2019 18:52 by Ah_Pook.

More
05 Jun 2019 08:00 #298000 by hotseatgames
I have been playing through Sigil, which is the unofficial 5th episode of the original Doom. It was created by Jon Romero. The levels are pretty tough, and very neat. I think it's safe to say they are very "puzzly" for Doom levels. You have to look very carefully in places to see switches that you need to shoot. There is also not a lot of health, so keep your trusty IDDQD handy.

More
05 Jun 2019 09:22 - 05 Jun 2019 09:23 #298001 by Vysetron
Crystal Crisis is a new crossover game from Nicalis. Where Blade Strangers was a fighting game, Crystal Crisis is them doing Puzzle Fighter. Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo is one of my favorite games of all time and CC is very much more of that, with some minor changes.

Every character has an offensive and defensive super that you can fire off with varying amounts of meter for a huge range of effects, meaning they differ in more than just drop patterns. Blocks can wrap around from left to right and be dropped halfway on both sides. That's about it for changes, but that combined with a heap of modes and incredibly thorough colorblind settings makes this the competitive puzzle game to get. It's fantastic.
Last edit: 05 Jun 2019 09:23 by Vysetron.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames, Ah_Pook

More
05 Jun 2019 19:24 - 06 Jun 2019 15:33 #298012 by Ah_Pook
Man I'm bad at the robot guy in slay the spire. I've been getting pretty consistent wins so far with the other two, this guy I've made it to the boss once and that's it. He seems a lot harder to figure out something coherent to do with, and also way more dependent on actually figuring out something coherent with.

Edit: of course the next run is bananas. Echo Form seems like a pretty good card. Also Calipers + 6 orb slots + a bunch of focus + frost = ending the final boss fight with 300 block in the bank. Man this game is real fun.

Edit edit: man the heart is no joke
Last edit: 06 Jun 2019 15:33 by Ah_Pook.

More
07 Jun 2019 16:29 #298129 by jpat
I'm the last person on earth to discover that coins in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe increase your max speed in addition to providing a small speed boost. And, apparently, to know that you can hold items behind your cart. Or that characters make a difference in kart performance.

#gitgood
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nodens

More
08 Jun 2019 06:05 #298138 by Nodens

jpat wrote: I'm the last person...

Nah, that'd be me. I had no idea.:cheer:

More
09 Jun 2019 11:57 - 09 Jun 2019 12:37 #298164 by lj1983
Any Xbox gamers, if you’ve been interested in gamepass (or even if you’ve been subscribed to gamepass), Microsoft is converting all your gamepass and live subscriptions to gamepass ultimate for a $1. Right now.

It took my gamepass and live subscriptions and added them together. I’m paid through 2021 now.

I’m a big fan of gamepass. For a dollar for up to three years of gamepass, there’s no reason not to try it here. Several good game just added. Guacamelee 2, hollowknight, wargroove are all recently added or announced. The biggest problem with gamepass is whenever I buy a game, it’s alittle frustrating when it shows up on gamepass alittle later. And gamepass ultimate ties into the new gamepass for PC that’s coming out.

And since I’ve been getting leave be for free for a while, I basically got two years of gamepass for a dollar.

www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/xbox-game-pass...=pivot%3aoverviewtab
Last edit: 09 Jun 2019 12:37 by lj1983.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.615 seconds