- Posts: 16048
- Thank you received: 8788
Please clear you browser cache (03 Dec 2019)
I've made some upgrades. Please clear your browser cache to make sure you pick up all the changes. Thanks.
Also, if you are still on IE 11, it sucks to be you. Sorry, but that browser is 6 years old. I have done my best to make the site work for you, but the site will look and behave wonky,
Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!
Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.
What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?
I think the game is utterly brilliant. I’ve ID’ed over half and I’m at an impasse, but I think I have the whole story at this point and it’s a really awesome one.
We saw Frozen 2 last night and there is a scene where my son almost yelled in the theater “that’s just like Obra Dinn!”
I am taking notes and printing pictures to work these out.
Developers, if your game makes me take notes I am fucking charmed.
There are a few “gimmes” to get you started. Once you hook those, you’ll see how it starts to unfold as you investigate.
One HUGE clue- look for another way that people are numbered.
Enter State of Decay. I really liked the game, but ran like ass on my previous machine. Now, it runs like butter. There's nothing more entertaining than running down a zombie horde in a hemi.
Just recently, I got a copy from the developers of State of Decay: Year One. I don't want to restart my game on the original, but this edition has all the DLC for it. Poop.
I've also played Darwin Project, BR meets TF2 graphic style. Kind of fun, but limited in replayability. It's still in EA, so there's that.
Crackdown 3 - not a bad game, not a great game. I'm chipping away at it. The narrators never shut the fuck up.
Life is Strange - eh.... not really feeling this one yet. I am annoyed at how it keeps trying to railroad me into the "good" outcome.
I'm Moze (D.Va, basically) and Amara (Brick basically) so far--I have one toon for solo and one for teaming up with a buddy across the country. Just went to Promethea and am getting my ass handed to me by Maliwan commandos.
Extremely welcome changes:
- Not having to pick up money, ammo, health. JFC that was idiotic, thank you for fixing this.
- Vending is interesting--they offer items past your level and I appreciate it! There was barely ever a reason to look at the wares in BL2.
- Mantling! I love climbing on things. I very much appreciate using arms to climb stuff instead of sorting out how to land on things.
- Meaningful knockdown--you can really move some bad guys with shots/explosions.
Annoying weird stuff
- Can I not switch weapons except sequentially?
- Definitely not as "floaty" as BL2--maybe a function of mantling. I liked floaty in BL2. Hated the PRE-SEQUEL, go figure
- The skill trees are incomprehensible, by and large.