October 09, 2023
2450 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2652 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
22 Jun 2020 13:58 #311291 by hotseatgames
Titanfall 2 is a fucking awesome game, all around.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, Gary Sax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2020 16:09 #311299 by Gary Sax
Best game of the generation to me, up there with maybe only... Bloodborne? I'm trying to think of anything else.

The combination in multiplayer of the dexterity of the pilots and the firepower of the Titans is chef's kiss.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, hotseatgames

More
22 Jun 2020 17:03 #311301 by Ah_Pook
Yea Titanfall 2 was top notch. I played soooo much of the multiplayer. The pve mode they came out with was fun too, though it was hard to get a good game together with random.

More
22 Jun 2020 17:31 #311304 by Gary Sax
I was absolute horseshit on foot but tended to be a high scoring player in the Titan, particularly in support chipping Titans down with the railgun titan.

More
22 Jun 2020 21:17 #311306 by san il defanso
Last night I felt like trying something new, so I installed the original Deus Ex, with some mods to up the resolution. I had tried it once before but because that time was unmodded the screen was unbelievably dark, and stealth is already something that makes me pretty tense in games, so I didn't even make it out of the training. The mods I installed fixed that problem though, so I put in an hour or two last night.

I just started scratching the surface of the Liberty Island level, and it's tough as nails. All these big open areas where there's no place to hide does not make stealth easy.

I have an enormous respect for the folks at Looking Glass and I've actually got all of there immersive sims through ultra cheap GOG sales, so I'll keep trying at it. But they are not the sort of games that show you how to play, and there's definitely a barrier to entry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax, hotseatgames

More
22 Jun 2020 21:45 #311307 by hotseatgames
Keep at it. The original Deus Ex is probably a top 10 all time PC game for me. Maybe top 10 any platform.
The following user(s) said Thank You: san il defanso

More
25 Jun 2020 06:12 #311370 by Ah_Pook
I got a win!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen, jeb

More
25 Jun 2020 18:49 #311385 by Gary Sax
Spent like 3 comic hours dragging a drilling rig on a flat bed to a drilling site in Snowrunner. Flipped the truck, flatbed and rig three times, brought multiple cranes in to recover it, etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ah_Pook

More
25 Jun 2020 19:44 - 25 Jun 2020 19:47 #311387 by Ah_Pook
Just the final boss this time, but this One Step From Eden deck got totally ridiculous. I had so many spells it was lagging the game. Started off the run with a relic that put jams into my deck (dead spells that cost 2 man to cast and do nothing, and which consume themselves when cast), some lasers that also put jams into my deck, and a spell that fires shots based on how many jams are in my deck. Then got a relic that made my jams give shield when you cast them, which was all nice. Then I got a relic that gave me a kunai every time I get hit (kunai is a 0 mana cost spell that shoots a knife, and the spell consumes itself), and a spell called Deck Slam that does 10 damage for every spell in your deck. The crowning piece is a spell called Scavenge, that puts a kunai in the deck for every spell consumed so far in a battle. So by the end of this final boss fight I was up to like 250 spells in my deck from consuming kunais and jams and then Scavenging ever more kunais to consume. It was fun, though as you can see I'm pretty bad at that boss and only barely squeaked through.

ALSO! The big 2.2 patch finally dropped for Stellaris on console, so I definitely need to redownload and learn all that crazy new stuff.
Last edit: 25 Jun 2020 19:47 by Ah_Pook.

More
25 Jun 2020 19:50 #311388 by Gary Sax
If it's the one that changes the way population is handled, you now are on your way to the Stellaris Good Shit experience.

More
25 Jun 2020 20:13 #311389 by hotseatgames
My initial report on Phantom: Covert Ops, which released today on Oculus Quest. This is a Metal Gear Solid-ish game in which you infiltrate a base in a kayak. The rowing is extremely convincing, and everything works as you expect it to work.

I think the game is really cool, and I wish I could play it for longer periods of time, but even though you are sitting down the whole time, and gently rowing, it still makes me feel a bit weird in the stomach.

More
25 Jun 2020 20:24 #311390 by ChristopherMD
I played SnowRunner for a bit. Drove around in the classic American pick-up then got the bigger truck and drove that a little. Then quit because SR just feels like every other driving game I've played. It's prettier to look at than MudRunner but loses all of MR's charm. I went back to that and was in a dreary bog at night in a giant Russian truck with bad handling and tractor-sized tires for tires. It was better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen

More
25 Jun 2020 20:33 #311391 by Gary Sax
Yeah, Alaska and Russia have more of that vibe, it's just hard to get those dumb huge vehicles. I'm not sure the vehicle costs are calibrated well, I'm still mainly using one work horse american truck as my offroad and deliver vehicle and I'm pretty far into the game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChristopherMD

More
30 Jun 2020 06:18 #311509 by Ah_Pook
Borderlands 3 is on sale for $15 at best buy this week, which seems like an okay price for Borderland 2.3: More of Exactly The Same Thing. Figure it will be something nice and brainless to sink some hours into.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RobertB

More
30 Jun 2020 07:07 #311511 by san il defanso
I finished the main campaign of Bioshock 2 last night. I would say in terms of game design it's stronger than the first one. The levels are more consistent and are better done on average, and the extra combat possibilities felt well-realized. The story was a grower, but I liked its focus on how we demonstrate the world to next generation.

The most obvious place the first game wins is in atmosphere. Frankly the second one did frighten me on the same level as the first, even though it has plenty of mood to go around.
Anyway, it was great. I've already started on the Minerva's Den dlc, and that's fun too.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 1.375 seconds