October 09, 2023
2506 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2705 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
28 Aug 2020 10:23 #313585 by hotseatgames
Gwent is awesome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Sep 2020 00:21 #313657 by Gary Sax
I bought Crusader Kings III, which unlocks tonight and is getting amazing reviews. God help me if I ever unbury myself from this work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hotseatgames, Ah_Pook

More
01 Sep 2020 08:57 #313661 by hotseatgames

Gary Sax wrote: I bought Crusader Kings III

Most unsurprising thing you have ever said! ;)

More
01 Sep 2020 13:31 #313667 by Disgustipater
Despite what I said earlier about only doing monster contracts in The Witcher 3, I went ahead and did everything in the starting area. Feels good man. Arrived to the area after the opening area, and man it is big. Time to start clearing out those question marks on the map. I started the Bloody Baron quest, and I'm looking forward to see where it goes, since everyone seems to think it's pretty great. Seems pretty boring early on, but obviously it's not just a simple "go find my wife and daughter" quest.

Also, after bumping up the difficulty and playing for a little bit, I felt that it hadn't changed much at all and was still fairly easy. So I went and double-checked and was got reverted somehow! Whoops. But now we're on the harder difficulty, and I can feel it now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary Sax

More
01 Sep 2020 13:42 #313671 by Gary Sax

hotseatgames wrote: Most unsurprising thing you have ever said! ;)

Not wrong.

More
01 Sep 2020 15:37 #313674 by RobertB
@Disgustipater - all this talk of Witcher 3 made me start it up again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Disgustipater, sornars

More
01 Sep 2020 16:29 #313676 by BillyBobThwarton
I really need to get back to Witcher 3 - I completed the main game this time round and sputtered out on Blood and Wine. Geralt is standing outside some mansion that is on fire and I have no idea why.

More
01 Sep 2020 16:41 #313677 by Shellhead
Still enjoying the Clan Quest mod for Vampire: Bloodlines. After an action movie worth of violence at a warehouse in Santa Monica, I have reached downtown Los Angeles. My mentally ill vampire character is caught between three factions: the uptight Camarilla, the reckless Sabbat, and the free-spirited Anarchs. Two of the three factions are worried about a reckless vampire who has been spreading disease among the humans due to sloppy feeding habits, which means that the third faction is probably responsible. Thanks to new mod material, I also had a conversation with a gargoyle mounted on a building corner.

The crazy Malkavian vampire clan has three supernatural abilities. Auspex is aura reading, and in game terms gives me a temporary boost to Wits and Perception, and can help sort out happening in the darker locations of the game. Dementation lets me induce short-term madness in other people, especially normal humans. If I have it ready to activate but haven't actually activated it, Dementation also marks potential targets with a glowing ankh above their heads, making it easier to spot opponents in low-light conditions. Obfuscate makes onlookers not notice me, unless they were already watching me when I activate Obfuscate. All of these powers are of fleeting duration and burn through my reserves of blood. Auspex isn't worth the points. Mid-level Obfuscate will be sufficient to make it easier to stealth-kill my enemies. Low-level Dementation lets me disrupt multiple opponents, while high-level Dementation can induce suicide in a mortal opponent. For all practical purposes, I usually rely on non-supernatural sneaking, computer hacking, lockpicking, and my trusty shotgun and fireman's axe.

More
01 Sep 2020 20:28 - 01 Sep 2020 20:28 #313680 by RobertB

BillyBobThwarton wrote: I really need to get back to Witcher 3 - I completed the main game this time round and sputtered out on Blood and Wine. Geralt is standing outside some mansion that is on fire and I have no idea why.

I started on Hearts of Stone, but I lost interest at some festival where you had to do 500 pick up and deliver missions.
Last edit: 01 Sep 2020 20:28 by RobertB.

More
01 Sep 2020 21:40 #313682 by Shellhead

RobertB wrote:

BillyBobThwarton wrote: I really need to get back to Witcher 3 - I completed the main game this time round and sputtered out on Blood and Wine. Geralt is standing outside some mansion that is on fire and I have no idea why.

I started on Hearts of Stone, but I lost interest at some festival where you had to do 500 pick up and deliver missions.

Yeah, why do that for free when you get paid to do it by Amazon?

More
02 Sep 2020 05:37 #313686 by sornars
I had gotten burnt out on my previous play but I just started a new save of the Witcher 3 thanks to this conversation.

The tip to increase the difficulty has been much appreciated. I originally had started on Blood and Broken Bones, died repeatedly in early combats and downgraded to normal which made the game incredibly low stakes. Now that I better understand the combat, playing on hard definitely enhances the experience as combat actually has stakes now (and food has a purpose!).

More
02 Sep 2020 12:24 #313701 by Gregarius
I finished the main story on Witcher 3 about a month ago. I started some of the DLC, but got stuck by a giant killer toad in the sewer. I was totally burned out. That game is just so massive.

I went back and 100% Spider-Man, which is just a fun, fun game. Started up Dark Souls 3, which is almost the opposite of fun, but feels so rewarding. I'm not sure how long I'll stick with it.

The funny thing is, as burned out as I was on W3, my mind keeps going back to it. I kinda miss it. And you guys talking it up isn't helping.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb

More
02 Sep 2020 13:34 #313703 by RobertB

Gregarius wrote: I finished the main story on Witcher 3 about a month ago. I started some of the DLC, but got stuck by a giant killer toad in the sewer. I was totally burned out. That game is just so massive.

I made it past the toad with my first character. I had jacked Igni up to the max on Geralt, and I killed it that way.

More
02 Sep 2020 13:47 #313705 by Gary Sax
Toad fight is not a good fight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rliyen

More
02 Sep 2020 14:50 - 02 Sep 2020 15:46 #313706 by jeb
I could not get over the hump on THE WITCHER 3. Which is odd, because it seems fine. I think the combat is too rich for me? Strange, given I am coming from Soulsborne games.

I finished my Arcane run at BLOODBORNE, skipping a few of the DLC bosses. I just wasn't scaling any more and was eating absolute shit against Ludwig. So I just took on Gehrman and the Moon Presence and look at me, look at me, I'm the Great Old One now.

I fired up DARK SOULS III. Trying to do this one with as many walkthroughs and what not. I just woke up some dragon and it seems pissed.
Last edit: 02 Sep 2020 15:46 by jeb.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.720 seconds