October 09, 2023
2286 0
O
oliverkinne
October 06, 2023
2504 0

Outback Crossing Review

Board Game Reviews
Bugs: Recent Topics Paging, Uploading Images & Preview (11 Dec 2020)

Recent Topics paging, uploading images and preview bugs require a patch which has not yet been released.

× Use the stickied threads for short updates.

Please consider adding your quick impressions and your rating to the game entry in our Board Game Directory after you post your thoughts so others can find them!

Please start new threads in the appropriate category for mini-session reports, discussions of specific games or other discussion starting posts.

What VIDEO GAME(s) have you been playing?

More
02 Sep 2020 15:08 #313707 by Ah_Pook
I'm going to get the tony hawk remaster this Friday. I'm pretty excited about it. THPS was a big part of my brother and I's video gaming over the years. We're going to get some multiplayer going for sure.

Outside of that I'm rotating between Mario Maker, Dead Cells, and Ghost of Tsushima. I kinda hit a wall in Ghost as the beauty and fun setting gave way too crushing open world ennui. I've played so damn many carbon copy open world games. I'm still slowly chipping away at it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jeb, mezike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Sep 2020 18:10 - 05 Sep 2020 18:11 #313801 by Jexik
There was a big update to Monster Train on September 3rd that introduced alternate champions (and starting cards) for each of the game's 5 clans. It also introduced alternate bosses that are fought at 3 and 7 to mix up the enemies a little bit too. Nothing new is standing out as overpowered to me - I'm still sitting at Cov 25 trying to get my first win at that level.
Last edit: 05 Sep 2020 18:11 by Jexik.

More
05 Sep 2020 19:41 - 05 Sep 2020 19:42 #313804 by Ah_Pook
I haven't had a chance to play that update yet but the northernlion videos of it have made the new heroes look really fun. Looking forward to diving into it. The hellhorned lady that yeets imps for tons of damage looks awesome.
Last edit: 05 Sep 2020 19:42 by Ah_Pook.

More
05 Sep 2020 22:57 #313807 by hotseatgames
Just had an hour long co-op session of Sniper Elite 4 with one of my best friends. We haven't played a game together in a long time. It was fantastic.

Sniper Elite is such an awesome game, I look forward to Sniper Elite 5. It has been mentioned, but not officially announced.

More
06 Sep 2020 04:17 #313813 by mezike

Ah_Pook wrote: I'm going to get the tony hawk remaster this Friday. I'm pretty excited about it. THPS was a big part of my brother and I's video gaming over the years. We're going to get some multiplayer going for sure.

Oh yeah, such fond memories of THPS. When my father remarried, playing THPS was the thing that bonded my stepbrother and I together. I’m only cautious of getting it for two reasons - disturbing that emotional foundation and getting the inevitable shit for spending too much time on consoles.

More
06 Sep 2020 06:41 #313815 by Ah_Pook

mezike wrote:

Ah_Pook wrote: I'm going to get the tony hawk remaster this Friday. I'm pretty excited about it. THPS was a big part of my brother and I's video gaming over the years. We're going to get some multiplayer going for sure.

Oh yeah, such fond memories of THPS. When my father remarried, playing THPS was the thing that bonded my stepbrother and I together. I’m only cautious of getting it for two reasons - disturbing that emotional foundation and getting the inevitable shit for spending too much time on consoles.

Well the good news is the release is pretty much perfect. Great graphics, tight gameplay, and the new added stuff is great (a big list of challenges to complete, very well implemented multiplayer, cool ranked modes, park creator). It's everything you could possibly want it to be tbh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mezike, sornars, BillyBobThwarton

More
07 Sep 2020 22:32 #313835 by hotseatgames
I have completed the first 2 story missions in Necromunda: Underhive Wars. They were both fun and engaging, and a great way to figure out the interface, etc.

I have not yet ventured into creating my own gang. I think I'll save that for after I'm very familiar with the game.

The tactical map is very handy for figuring out the layout and positions of enemies / allies. One thing the game needs is some sort of lore guide that details the weapons and their various effects. If it is in there, I haven't found it yet.

More
07 Sep 2020 23:51 #313836 by Disgustipater
Do you think this could be used as a digital replacement of playing a tabletop campaign with other people? Not that I expect our group to drop $40 each, but I was just curious how one-to-one it is.

More
08 Sep 2020 00:13 #313837 by hotseatgames
I don't have much experience with the tabletop version, but it uses free movement (not on a grid) and the environments are VERY vertical. I think it will be a very good PC version of the game.

You can have up to 4 gangs fighting in all sorts of combinations, including cooperative against AI which I think sounds awesome.

More
08 Sep 2020 12:59 #313844 by Disgustipater
Necromunda uses free movement anyway, and our tables are pretty vertical as well. Thanks.

More
09 Sep 2020 15:30 #313901 by ratpfink
I started playing No Man's Sky from a recommendation. Kind of cool, aliens, technology...

WAITAMINUTE. This game is a m'fin' JASE cube-converter.

More
09 Sep 2020 16:29 #313908 by RobertB

ratpfink wrote: I started playing No Man's Sky from a recommendation. Kind of cool, aliens, technology...

WAITAMINUTE. This game is a m'fin' JASE cube-converter.

(raises hand) Can you tell the slow kids in the back what JASE means?

More
09 Sep 2020 16:32 #313909 by Shellhead
Just A Shirty Euro?
The following user(s) said Thank You: RobertB

More
09 Sep 2020 16:40 #313913 by Jexik
I think it's Just Another Soulless Euro.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RobertB, ratpfink

More
09 Sep 2020 17:05 #313917 by RobertB
Coworker bought No Man's Sky after they fixed a lot of the bugs at release. He sold the hell out of it, and I'd have to remind myself that 1) his main goal in Elite: Dangerous (talked me into buying it, I was bored to tears) was to fly to the center of the galaxy, and 2) has spent a couple hundred bucks on prerelease ships in Star Citizen.

Moderators: Gary Sax
Time to create page: 0.532 seconds